Did you mean to include a screenshot that includes that lady's cellphone number?

No positive news from me yet, phone is using batteries for around 4-5 hours each. I have the stand-alone charger permanently charging a battery.
    I deleted it as soon as I noticed lol

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 10:13 AM
    Do you live in a metropolitan area? I live in a city of 35,000 people so our cell towers don't get unstable. We're not a massive town but we're not too small either. Do you have signal every where you go or does your Q10 struggle at times to find a tower? Is your city like New York City? Is it a city of 8 million? Lots of buildings? When I go to the NYC every few months I notice that my battery discharges at least 30% faster. There could be various factors. Let me know if any of these things helped just so my typing wasn't for anything

I know most of these things people know but honestly...some still don't. not their fault. It could be there first smartphone. So... good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Interesting about NYC. I live there and didn't realize the battery would discharge faster from being here. Is that confirmed?
    06-20-13 10:43 AM
    Interesting about NYC. I live there and didn't realize the battery would discharge faster from being here. Is that confirmed?
    I've heard CEO of Crackberry mention that his iphone on ATT would discharge rather quickly in the city. That was a few years ago though. I go to the city every few months and every time I go, no matter which phone I have my battery seems to drain much faster. I don't know if it's a "searching for service issue " or what. I try to be on my phone as little as possible when I'm in the city. I usually never come home on the train with a powered device.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 11:15 AM
    this is completly anecdotal and I have no real evidence to support this, but....

I've never had an issue with battery life, take a 6:56 train in, take a 6:22 out, always with power. But I have noticed that If i have my antenna off for my trip from GCT to the lower west side, and back, I end the day with a visually noticeable increase in battery life as opposed to if i leave the atenna on during that trip.

*My company has a shuttle service, so I'm above ground, my theory as to why having the antenna off increases the battery life is because the phone doesn't go crazy switching towers, once I get to work, i put it back on and i'm guessing it stays connected to the same tower all day.
    06-20-13 11:25 AM
    this is completly anecdotal and I have no real evidence to support this, but....

I've never had an issue with battery life, take a 6:56 train in, take a 6:22 out, always with power. But I have noticed that If i have my antenna off for my trip from GCT to the lower west side, and back, I end the day with a visually noticeable increase in battery life as opposed to if i leave the atenna on during that trip.

*My company has a shuttle service, so I'm above ground, my theory as to why having the antenna off increases the battery life is because the phone doesn't go crazy switching towers, once I get to work, i put it back on and i'm guessing it stays connected to the same tower all day.
    Interesting. Do you think the same would apply underground on the subway when there's no service? Would it be searching then? I was wondering if I should go into airplane mode during that time to conserve batter.
    06-20-13 11:57 AM
    Interesting. Do you think the same would apply underground on the subway when there's no service? Would it be searching then? I was wondering if I should go into airplane mode during that time to conserve batter.
    I would imagine so, maybe to a lesser extent.

above ground it would be constantly connecting to new towers along the way...underground it wouldn't be connecting, but still searching the entire time... I'm not sure which would use more battery honestly.

Probably worth a shot
    06-20-13 12:04 PM
    I have 2 q10. One is one of the first devices, the second I bought yesterday. Both are on the latest official OS.
    The first one had a bad battery life. Half day and then finish.
    The second one is better. At 7:30am I take the BlackBerry from the charger. At 1pm I have 48 percent. That is really

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 12:08 PM
    I would imagine so, maybe to a lesser extent.

above ground it would be constantly connecting to new towers along the way...underground it wouldn't be connecting, but still searching the entire time... I'm not sure which would use more battery honestly.

Probably worth a shot
    When I'm in the city I don't ever have airplane mode on. I'm above ground at all times except when I'm disembarking from the train in Penn station. I don't take subways. Travel always by foot. Rarely by cab. Maybe there are several towers to accommodate the several million people in the city. And as you walk you're using several towers after a 5 or so blocks. Idk, it's my theory.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 12:23 PM
    I have 2 email accounts setup with EAS to sync forever (with one account doing all aspects of syncing with my work Outlook). I probably get about 30-60 emails a day. I text most of the day (maybe 20-40 of them). I browse the web on and off during the day. I use a few apps. My phone switches between 4G LTE and 3G probably about 10-15 times a day. I have 4G LTE, wifi, BB Protect, and GPS on all the time. Some days I make no phone calls, others I make or receive 5-10. I leave my calendar and Remember open all the time as tiles. I typically have 40-60% battery life leftover after unplugging at 6 am and putting it back on the charger at 11 pm. So I would say it is pretty good in my situation!
    06-20-13 12:31 PM
    I have 2 email accounts setup with EAS to sync forever (with one account doing all aspects of syncing with my work Outlook). I probably get about 30-60 emails a day. I text most of the day (maybe 20-40 of them). I browse the web on and off during the day. I use a few apps. My phone switches between 4G LTE and 3G probably about 10-15 times a day. I have 4G LTE, wifi, BB Protect, and GPS on all the time. Some days I make no phone calls, others I make or receive 5-10. I leave my calendar and Remember open all the time as tiles. I typically have 40-60% battery life leftover after unplugging at 6 am and putting it back on the charger at 11 pm. So I would say it is pretty good in my situation!
    That's fantastic in your situation. I haven't been to the city since picking up the Q10. Hopefully the next time I have to be in the city my Q10 will sustain a good charge! I'll come back to this thread and let you guys know!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 02:14 PM
    I deleted it as soon as I noticed lol

Posted via CB10
    Had it been a UK lady I must confess that I would have said hello
    06-23-13 05:22 AM
    Whenever I go on the London Underground (or the big railway tunnel between Leeds and Manchester) I turn the mobile network off. I think previous advice on here has suggested that continued polling/searching for celltowers is a drainer.

An update on my situation: no real improvement. I've settled down to a routine of four batteries: on a morning I leave the house with three (one in the Q which has been charged overnight in the Q, one which has been charged overnight on the standalone, and one which was charged during the previous day on the standalone) and the fourth battery is charged during the day on the standalone (to be ready for the evening or next day).

I get between 4 and 7 hours from a battery (seems random). Even when I stay at home (with bluetooth off, wifi off, and 4g off) the lifetime isn't noticeably better. All four batteries seem broadly similar. Indeed, all three Q10 devices I have tried also seem equivalent.

I am Honoured that Mr. Peter "battery guru" has posted in my thread. One small request: could a future release read the serial number for each battery and so offer stats on each?

Finally, does anyone have any ideas of what I should try next?
    06-23-13 05:32 AM
    Here's my experience.

Yesterday is the best example. My Q10 was fully charged at 2pm at work. I needed to make sure it was in tip top shape for by speed ride today on my Cannondale CAAD10. Anyway, when I got home around 530 I loaded up my fitness tracker app to get ready to go.

Fitness Tracker requires location services to be on since it measures speed, time distance and of course, your location.

4G always on

Streaming Slacker radio.

Now with my Q10 running at such a hard pace I thought it would for sure die during my ride. I was wrong.

After an hour and a half of using Fitness Tracker and streaming Slacker the Q10 battery took a noticeable but SMALL hit. I arrived home, looked at my results on my Q10, ate, scoured crackberry, took a shower, scoured The Web (now that I was in bed. I was very tired after going to the gym at 6am, then taking a rough ride 12 hours later at 6pm). I was on the phone (talk time) for about 2 hours, downloaded some apps, killed more time on crackberry since I'm addicted to typing on this thing, then fell asleep on the phone with the girlfriend. Don't know how long the phone call lasted since I fell asleep and I woke up to a dead battery. Definitely passed midnight since I didn't start closing my eyes until 1030. My phone was at maybe 25 percent at that point.

Brightness is lowered to about 30 percent. Bluetooth is off when I'm not using it. WiFi is off when I'm not using it. I'm receiving crackberry, facebook and twitter notifications 24/7. That means Crackberry news and forum posts I've participated in, mentions only for facebook, mentions only for twitter and of course email.

Posted via CB10
    Wow you use CrackBerry more than facebook. R u ok?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    06-23-13 05:56 AM
    Wow you use CrackBerry more than facebook. R u ok?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    I'm almost never on facebook. I just check my notifications when they come through lol

Posted via CB10
    irweezyy likes this.
    06-23-13 06:21 AM
    My situation is no better.... gonna call EE tomorrow and request some higher-level support than I am currently receiving.
    06-30-13 02:38 PM
    Turning data Off seems to help me
    07-16-13 04:52 PM
    I had the use cellular network box checked in my blackberry link settings and by unchecking the box I've noticed a huge difference in Bat life.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10
    07-16-13 08:05 PM
    One small request [re Battery Guru]: could a future release read the serial number for each battery and so offer stats on each?
    Up till now (as of 10.1 anyway) the OS does not expose any serial number the batteries may have. I'm still hoping to see it provide that at some point but for now, it's simply not an option. :-( If it doesn't appear in the next 10.2 beta, I'll probably add something manual so multi-battery users can tell the app to which battery they've swapped.
    07-18-13 01:32 PM
    Up till now (as of 10.1 anyway) the OS does not expose any serial number the batteries may have. I'm still hoping to see it provide that at some point but for now, it's simply not an option. :-( If it doesn't appear in the next 10.2 beta, I'll probably add something manual so multi-battery users can tell the app to which battery they've swapped.
    Sounds good. Perhaps it could prompt for that when the battery % suddenly goes from 5% to 99% without sufficient time to charge?
    07-26-13 02:56 PM
    My conclusions, and advice for others:

Buy two extra batteries. I carry a spare in my pocket at all times, whilst the third is charged at home, on my desktop charger.

As soon as I put a fresh battery in, I open Battery Guru, and then taskmanager (which is an android app, so opens/closes the port), where I usually have to kill skype.

My normal out & about settings are network to 3g only, wifi off, bluetooth on (earpiece). With data on, I get around 5-6 hours standby, and with data off, between 8 and 14 hours. I am mobile, so constantly driving around. At home, I have data off and switch wifi on.

Battery guru is an amazing app! Very helpful to see what is what.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 09:07 AM
    Folks, OS 10.2 (specific ver 10.2.0.1791) seems to deliver much improved battery life.

By only switching data or wifi on when I need them, this allows me to get through a whole day.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 04:50 AM
    Need Help..
    ?? using Q10 and I use 2G network mostly and I use a lot of bb$ and music and my battery gives me a life of just 4 to 5 hours.. I changed the battery even but still facing the same problem.. plz sm1 help meh!!

Pin:2AD686FA

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 04:07 PM
    Need Help..
    ?? using Q10 and I use 2G network mostly and I use a lot of bb$ and music and my battery gives me a life of just 4 to 5 hours.. I changed the battery even but still facing the same problem.. plz sm1 help me...

Pin:2AD686FA

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 04:07 PM
    And with 10.3 battery performance is the best it's ever been for me on the Q10: 4 hours with constant browsing and BBM for most of that time.
    battery experiences: my first week with a Q10-img_20141015_174509.png

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 11:49 AM
    And with 10.3 battery performance is the best it's ever been for me on the Q10: 4 hours with constant browsing and BBM for most of that time.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141015_174509.png 
Views:	626 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	306230

Posted via CB10
    Hi, could you please tell me a good tutorial to install 10.3 on my q10? I'm new

Posted via Q10
    10-15-14 01:41 PM
182 ... 5678