This is ridiculous, I've never seen a battery do this. Don't blame the Q10, this situation is definitely an outlier and it's unfortunate you're the victim. Don't really know what to tell you. Get in contact with some BlackBerry people, some engineers maybe. Maybe you've got really sweaty hands and the humidity in your environment is leaching energy from that battery. Maybe you're overheating the battery way too much using an unconventional power source (higher amperage/power). Batteries basically go out when people leave their chargers on them for too long, or they're using the wrong type of charger (higher power, faster charge ones that ruin the internals of the battery more quickly).

Sucks mate. Sorry about your luck. I think, though, if you've gotten 3 batteries now and they all perform similarly it's definitely something on your end, however you're working it. I don't think quality control would let that many bad ones through.
    06-03-13 02:38 PM
    Batteries basically go out when people leave their chargers on them for too long...
    That used to be true with older technology, but it's not true for any lithium-ion battery charger unless it's defective. If the charger were to keep charging like that, the battery would catch fire.

Instead, the charging system and OS software responsible for managing it very carefully ensure that once the battery is considered full, the charging stops. You can leave the BB10 device/battery on the charger as long as you want with no ill effects.
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    06-03-13 02:47 PM
    to OP, are you using whatsapp often ?
    06-05-13 09:14 AM
    to OP, are you using whatsapp often ?
    Not often, no. Maybe a couple of messages a day.

A graph from earlier today. I had 4G on (and it was mostly on 4G) to see how that sapped the battery.

battery experiences: my first week with a Q10-img_00000123.png
    06-05-13 12:16 PM
    somehow, my battery consumption while using whatsapp, drops pretty much like yours, perhaps you might wanna try deleting it for a day if you can live without it, just to see.
    06-05-13 01:02 PM
    I know when i had the ebay app, and poynt, those drained by battery fast, i deleted those and it went back to normal, now i just downloaded poynt again and it seems to be running fine, the ebay app i just saved the webpage to my home screen so it works like the app when i click the icon but it really just opens the website.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 01:25 PM
    somehow, my battery consumption while using whatsapp, drops pretty much like yours, perhaps you might wanna try deleting it for a day if you can live without it, just to see.
    Just deleted it completely. Will report back how tomorrow goes.
    06-05-13 04:06 PM
    battery experiences: my first week with a Q10-img_00000011.png

this is my battery drain, while im asleep. i forgot that my contact auto sync is 5 mins, but doesnt make much difference after setting to 24 hours. this is on 4g with about 4 bars. gmail auto sync 24hrs, and push on.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 11:36 PM
    "Contact auto sync" - where do I access that option, please?
    06-06-13 06:39 AM
    setting/setup>accounts and u have all ur contacts calanders and mails sync duration

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 06:44 AM
    BlackBerry travel is not a battery hog anymore.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 12:06 PM
    NFC and Bluetooth always on drains it.

Shut BT off when your not in your car.
    06-06-13 01:08 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000011.png 
Views:	695 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	168838

this is my battery drain, while im asleep. i forgot that my contact auto sync is 5 mins, but doesnt make much difference after setting to 24 hours. this is on 4g with about 4 bars. gmail auto sync 24hrs, and push on.

Posted via CB10
    I wish i could get that much sleep in one night lol

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 08:14 PM
    I don't think NFC is that much drain if on all the time, i leave bluetooth, wifi, and nfc on all the time, i have 5 email accounts set to either push or 5 min sync, i get a solid 16 hours, i found that my battery life has deceased slightly, but could be due to some new apps i downloaded

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 08:16 PM
    lol. i'm not a working adult yet
    but any idea why my voltages keeps spiking up and down while im asleep? i do not have much apps installed, mostly using whatsapp.

installed apps are qrscanner, imdb, battery guru, translator and torchlight.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 03:04 AM
    but any idea why my voltages keeps spiking up and down while im asleep? i do not have much apps installed, mostly using whatsapp.

installed apps are qrscanner, imdb, battery guru, translator and torchlight.
    Note that the graph shows variation in the power consumption, not the voltage. The voltage roughly tracks the white line, which is the battery level, so it merely trends downwards as the battery drains.

The increased consumption usually has something to do with network activity, possibly synchronizing accounts. Consider the sources of network traffic on your device. Email accounts? BBM groups? Sharing the media folder with a PC over WiFi?

In comparison, here's mine from last night. I've got two email accounts (one IMAP on 15 minute sync and one gmail), plus the whole set of social accounts, and two extra Google calendars.

battery experiences: my first week with a Q10-img_00001516.png
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    06-07-13 06:52 AM
    hmm, i'm only having one gmail linked, all 24 hours sync, and push on. no bbm groups, but 6 whatsapp groups though. wifi was off, on 4g.
    now turned off blackberry link. does push drains even more battery compared to 5/15mins mail sync ?

i'm getting about 15 hours battery with 25% but well who minds more battery.
    06-07-13 07:07 AM
    hmm, i'm only having one gmail linked, all 24 hours sync, and push on. no bbm groups, but 6 whatsapp groups though. wifi was off, on 4g.
    now turned off blackberry link. does push drains even more battery compared to 5/15mins mail sync ?

I'd check again the next night to see if it's consistent, and then experiment a bit, perhaps by removing Whatsapp or at least removing at least half of those groups.

Why did you have WiFi off? WiFi should generally take less power than 4g... but in any case, experiment with that too, if you can.
    06-07-13 07:38 AM
    yeah, i'll give it a try, my reception on 3g is spotty at times too, suddenly turning 0/1 bar, 3 and 5 bars. now with 4 whatsapp group.

mostly wifi is off while i'm sleeping. apparently, wifi seems to even take lesser battery then even 3g, i'll post a graph soon.
    06-07-13 09:57 AM

Here's my consumption while sleeping, i have 5 emails synced to 5 min (and "push if available"), twitter, linked in, fb, whatsapp, nfc on bluetooth on, wifi on, LTE on.

battery experiences: my first week with a Q10-img_00000727.png

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 11:42 AM
    I think a HUGE factor here is your network strength, if you have spotty coverage or you notice your bars constantly going up and down, that will be the main drain on battery, especially when the phone is in standby

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    06-07-13 11:45 AM
    I think a HUGE factor here is your network strength, if you have spotty coverage or you notice your bars constantly going up and down, that will be the main drain on battery, especially when the phone is in standby
    And a good reason to ensure WiFi is still enabled and gives you a working internet connection. It should be enlightening to compare his results after he goes a night with that turned on.
    irweezyy likes this.
    06-07-13 11:52 AM
    yeah, in my area the 3g reception fluctuates like that quite badly, however the 4g stays at 4bars and the battery drain overnight is as shown, i'll leave it connected to wifi and upload my graph tomorrow,

hopefully the problems lies with my carrier and sim card and not my phone
    06-07-13 12:29 PM
    I am also on my second Q10 and i have just installed the battery Guru to see how or what is causing a drain as this phone is reminding me of my 9900 which i had to constantly charge. Apps installed are Bible, Blackberry travel, cineplex, CIBC mobile, and LEwat Mana(gps type of device) I barely get any use as I work where i cannot use my phone so I listen to music that is saved on a media card in the morning for about an hour then phone is at my desk and it just drains. I periodically check twitter or fb thru the website and text or bbm but its not like i use it all day
    06-07-13 05:19 PM
    I am also on my second Q10 and i have just installed the battery Guru to see how or what is causing a drain as this phone is reminding me of my 9900 which i had to constantly charge. Apps installed are Bible, Blackberry travel, cineplex, CIBC mobile, and LEwat Mana(gps type of device) I barely get any use as I work where i cannot use my phone so I listen to music that is saved on a media card in the morning for about an hour then phone is at my desk and it just drains. I periodically check twitter or fb thru the website and text or bbm but its not like i use it all day
    In some work environments, the wifi is loaded with hundreds of other devices, all sending data constantly. Your device has to listen to all that traffic and ignore it, and sometimes fight with them to get its own signal through, and that can take a fair bit of power.

You may see the effect of this if you can arrive before most others in the morning, with Battery Guru running, and let it graph the power consumption over the next few hours. You may see the power slowly increasing (for now that's in the negative direction on the graph, with the black line below the mid-point.. this will be clearer in the next release) as more and more people get on the same network.
    06-07-13 06:10 PM
182 ... 34567 ...