Download Battery Guru, yes its not free but the few dollars spent will let you know what's happening, or at least let you infer what's happening.

Here's an example:

Attachment 164776
    How can you be on 89% here, the graph shows about 50% left.
    05-27-13 10:02 AM
    I'm on my second day, about 36 hours so far and the battery is at 69%. It's all been good after I deleted BlackBerry travel.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 10:24 AM
    Is the 3G/2G a Q10 feature? Because on my unlocked 10.1 Z10 I only have the options of 4-2,4/3, or 2. 2 is slow I'd rather be at 3G.
    I charged my phone up this morning, powered it on, in airplane mode with wifi on, and I'm at 71% in less than two hours. Pathetic.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 10:56 AM
    i think it is depends on the carrier you are using? on my simfree unit i can select

2g
    3g
    3g & 2g
    05-27-13 11:21 AM
    When out and about it will be variable, but when I'm at home I have full signal on 3G (and on 4G if I choose). You make a very good point though.

Sadly I don't have the option to select 2G on its own.

It did seem better. My morning battery yesterday (sunday) lasted from 7am to 1pm which is 6 hours. I did virtually nothing with the phone in that period. From 18:00 yesterday I had GPS on and from 19:00 the phone was plugged into an in-car charger. Attachment 165758

Today however, I unplugged at 08:30am (after an overnight charge) and an hour has now passed. I've been doing some browsing/bbm/whatsapp. Bluetooth off, location services off, 3G only selected, wifi on (as I'm at my residence) and in this hour the bat has dropped from 100% to 80%. Looks like today will be another three-battery day :-(

Is there any way to view what is actually working in the background, sort of like a task manager/process manager?
    In my above post, I meant that "I" (as opposed to the "u" accidently written) had a battery drop (edited that there, sorry ).

Still from what you post above, this is not normal based on the b.Guru. You should be able to get what I get with the Z10 and then some more (considering the battery is bigger on the Q10 and that the consumption *should* be lower than the Z10.

To give you an example, today I have unplugged my phone at 10:00am. Since 10 I was out of the office on meetings and used the phone quite much and constantly. I am sitting now (20:30) at about 53%. I attach screen of B.guru from 12:00 til now (although there is a gap there - I closed the app accidentally and then opened it at 19:00 aprox, but the graph is in line with my use.

I loose about 47-50% on a span of 10,5hours aproximately, on more or less constant use: some browsing -about 15mb if I got it right, + a phew calls). All my work email today (more than 150 incoming emails plus the outgoing)- plus more than 0,5hr calls in total +bbm (various mssges in a conversation with my colleagues throughout the day) +a couple of whatsapp msgs +use of Mireo GPS for about 10 minutes. to this I got my personal gmail and my currentodysseys email setup, which must have approx 30msgs incoming today. Plus consulting appointment details and meeting participant details (contacts, remember and calendar).

I still loose an average of 5-6%/hour (Math should make it 4,5% but lets get it to 6% since I cannot give you a set average of set of days) according to the above diagram. I'd say you should at least be able to get the same amount at least!

I am running 10.1.01880 on my stl-2 and am on 3G and no wifi all day (data through 3g only) with wifi off, location services off (apart from the mireo use 10 mins approx), display at about 10-15% brightness, NFC off, Btooth Off, notifications on 3 vibrations for work and one vibration for personal msgs.

I think you should look that up with someone with more tech knowledge, so as to have it solved. Give BB another call and go all in on your carrier. This is no way normal according to my use stats on my z10, and again, I should have way less battery time than you on the capacity of the battery and the screen size alone!

PS: apps open constantly are only battery Guru (which I also closed accidentally for 3 hours) and Data Monitor.
    Attached Thumbnails battery experiences: my first week with a Q10-img_00001354.jpg  
    05-27-13 12:51 PM
    I'm on my second day, about 36 hours so far and the battery is at 69%. It's all been good after I deleted BlackBerry travel.

Posted via CB10
    I have bb travel on the Z10 as well and still have no battery issues.
    05-27-13 12:58 PM
    I have bb travel on the Z10 as well and still have no battery issues.
    I think it depends on the email account it scans. Mine was Gmail.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    05-27-13 01:08 PM
    exactly, guys, I got my BB Q10 a few days ago, and noticed that in Email setting, you can set it for a specific time synchronisation. You obviously have it on push (BB), but if your folders are synchronised to more than 30 days (default) than the BB synchronises all the folders from Outlook (or Exchange) and that can go for ages. This will definitely drain your battery, as it did mine. So I set that to 30 days, and tried again. After one day of usage, and just playing music etc. I still have around 1/3 battery juice left. So not bad..
    05-27-13 01:40 PM
    How can you be on 89% here, the graph shows about 50% left.

The 89% was my current battery life, whereas the graph i posted was a historic view of my battery life, i had to scroll back a bit to get a good graph to show what i was trying to explain.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 03:12 PM
    Two graphs from yesterday. The morning I was just at home (with wifi on) but no bluetooth/no location services etc. I did switch bluetooth on around 3pm as I was driving. Obviously you can see when I was plugged into a computer.
    battery experiences: my first week with a Q10-img_00000053.png

battery experiences: my first week with a Q10-img_00000054.png
    05-28-13 12:53 AM
    Two graphs from yesterday. The morning I was just at home (with wifi on) but no bluetooth/no location services etc. I did switch bluetooth on around 3pm as I was driving. Obviously you can see when I was plugged into a computer.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000053.png 
Views:	739 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	166074

Name:	IMG_00000054.png 
Views:	733 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	166075
    Have you tried to delete the OS and reinstall? Or install a leaked OS?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 10:05 AM
    Have you tried to delete the OS and reinstall? Or install a leaked OS?

Posted via CB10
    I think that needs to be my next step. A graph from today: bluetooth is off, 4G is off, I am travelling around (currently in the pub) and just using it for bbm and some browsing. Been plugged in twice, and plugged in currently.
    battery experiences: my first week with a Q10-img_00000077.png
    I only have two batteries with me today, so am wanting to make them last. The third is at home on the standalone charger so as to be ready for when I'm home.

By the way, I do have quite a few bbm contacts (500ish) could that go some way towards poor battery life?

Now to read posts on how to install a leaked OS.
    05-29-13 10:09 AM
    Can you try opening an Android app (Skype, Wordpress, etc.)? I was experiencing a similar problem with my Q10. It was due to the Android Player crashing/rebooting in the background.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 02:33 PM
    Can you try opening an Android app (Skype, Wordpress, etc.)? I was experiencing a similar problem with my Q10. It was due to the Android Player crashing/rebooting in the background.

Posted via CB10
    I shall sideload one tomorrow evening. Meanwhile, 3.5 hours battery life (from a battery charged fully overnight): 3G only, no wifi, no bluetooth, no gps use.... minimal use full stop tbh.
    battery experiences: my first week with a Q10-img_00000087.png
    Considering buying a fourth battery and second standalone charger.

Meanwhile, despite the network telling me my typical usage (on 9900) was 600 mb a month, my new plan (which is 750 mb a month) had to have an extra 500 mb bought last week _and_ an extra 500 mb tonight (shortly before my battery ran out).

Very upset here. You guys have been great with help and support. So have EE, to be fair. I am soooo jealous of you guys with 12 hour plus battery life.
    05-29-13 04:25 PM
    time to swap for a new q10 to see what difference that makes

Q10 via CB10
    05-29-13 04:43 PM
    That's what i was going to ask next, usually with poor battery life there is a spike in data usage, but i have noticed that coming from a legacy BlackBerry device and going to a new os10 or even iphone or android, usage tends to increase by approx 4 times what was done on legacy BlackBerry device. So if you averaged 100mb before, prepare to be at 400mb after new device. This is not the case for everyone, but i would say this happens more likely than not. I speak to about 30 customers a day with regards to smartphone billing and data usage, so i have lots of experience in this area.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 05:12 PM
    That's what i was going to ask next, usually with poor battery life there is a spike in data usage, but i have noticed that coming from a legacy BlackBerry device and going to a new os10 or even iphone or android, usage tends to increase by approx 4 times what was done on legacy BlackBerry device. So if you averaged 100mb before, prepare to be at 400mb after new device. This is not the case for everyone, but i would say this happens more likely than not. I speak to about 30 customers a day with regards to smartphone billing and data usage, so i have lots of experience in this area.

Posted via CB10
    Any ideas why? Would this be because the phone is faster? Or just because it is 'different'?
    05-29-13 11:51 PM
    Any ideas why? Would this be because the phone is faster? Or just because it is 'different'?
    Usually when a phone has really poor battery life i have noticed that it is due to an app running in the background, or something getting stuck sending through the network, like a video in an email attachment or something, so because it keeps trying, it is killing battery and using huge amounts of data in the process.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 12:43 AM
    Also the reason that there is a jump in data is for 2 reasons mainly.

1) the legacy BlackBerry devices compress data, newer devices, including new BlackBerry 10 phones, do not compress like the legacy devices.

2) the new phones are on LTE or 4G, they have better browsers, higher quality apps, more capabilities that all rely on data.

So not only are you losing compression, your able to do a lot more, in less time. All of this will contribute to more data usage, but on average it's approx 4 times more when coming off of a legacy BlackBerry device, from my personal experience working in the business.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 12:46 AM
    I shall sideload one tomorrow evening. Meanwhile, 3.5 hours battery life (from a battery charged fully overnight): 3G only, no wifi, no bluetooth, no gps use.... minimal use full stop tbh.

Name:	IMG_00000087.png 
Views:	1017 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	166589
    Considering buying a fourth battery and second standalone charger.

Meanwhile, despite the network telling me my typical usage (on 9900) was 600 mb a month, my new plan (which is 750 mb a month) had to have an extra 500 mb bought last week _and_ an extra 500 mb tonight (shortly before my battery ran out).

Very upset here. You guys have been great with help and support. So have EE, to be fair. I am soooo jealous of you guys with 12 hour plus battery life.
    Why wait until tomorrow. No need to sideload anything, just install an Android app from BlackBerry World (Skype or Wordpress). If there is an issue with the Android Player you will get an alert when opening the app. The solution is reinstalling the OS without restoring the App Data from an old backup. I've learned this the hard way...

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 03:18 AM
    Folks, firstly thank you to everyone who has reached out to offer me assistance. Three more pictures. Phone plugged in and in bedside mode (with 4g on) from midnight to 5am. Some 4g browsing from 5-6am. Changed to 3g only at 6pm when I left home. On the road from 6am to basically 7pm.

Note that the battery consumed very little power from 5am to 9am. From 9am, 'something' started occurring such that much more power was needed.

I have also enclosed two screen-shots of my networks' data thingy. These were taken approx half an hour apart (can't find the 'properties' setting to see the exact times and I did _nothing_ on my phone at all between both pictures. There were approx a dozen incoming bbms (all text, no pics) but that goes through BIS servers anyway. Browser was closed.

Will get an android app installed later - I'm trying to only change one thing at once.

Would we agree that my 5am to 9am battery consumption is 'normal' please?

battery experiences: my first week with a Q10-img_00000091.png
    battery experiences: my first week with a Q10-img_00000089.png
    battery experiences: my first week with a Q10-img_00000090.png
    Gregory Ryan likes this.
    05-30-13 05:33 AM
    James, what are your settings for syncing email? I wonder if your phone is constantly in contact with your email server, updating. Set the sync interval to 4 hours and see if the usage changes.

Your usage never flatlines, even overnight, so what is making your phone so active?

If you look at other battery life threads, sync was a common issue - people confuse push with sync. A 4-hour sync interval means that an email deleted on your phone will be updated to the server within a 4-hour window.
    05-30-13 07:19 AM
    James, something is wrong for sure.
    I would recommend looking into getting an exchange or something. I am sorry but your battery consumption is way out of the average reported the way I understand it.

Sorry to see you experiencing this.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 08:45 AM
    James, what are your settings for syncing email? I wonder if your phone is constantly in contact with your email server, updating. Set the sync interval to 4 hours and see if the usage changes.
    Al, I've already turned sync to off sadly. Thanks for the suggestion
    05-30-13 09:50 AM
    Are you using BBM groups with your BBM contacts? You seem to be using a lot of data, so as suggested above, you have some process that uses data stuck in a loop. What is your email provider and setup? What is your OS version?
    05-30-13 12:17 PM
182 12345 ...