great post very imformative and detailed, thanks very much! question - do you have 'keep awake' set to on or off? default on install is 'off'. does the app need to be running as a active frame all the time to collect data?
    I have the app open all the time, it does not log anything if you close the app.

The keep awake option, as far as i know, is used to drain your battery faster, it says something about "drain test", i have this set to off, my assumption is that if you turn it on, it will keep your screen on, thus draning your battery at a faster rate. I guess not everything is turned on lol, my bad, should have been a little more clear, but this is one of the few options that is turned off.

Posted via CB10
    alpha beta gaga likes this.
    05-24-13 12:24 PM
    I'm gonna install guru now. Just to update on Friday (yesterday).

Battery 3 used from 5am to 12 noon when it died. Battery 2 from 12 noon to 5pm. Battery 1 from 5pm to it dying at 9pm.

I had an hour of bbm/browser use 5 to 6am, and from then on I was constantly on the road. Throughout this, network was set to 3g, bluetooth was on, and a few calls came in. At around 5pm when I got home I turned 4G on as I was downloading something, then didn't turn it off.

I plan to try sunday without bluetooth to see (though my headset was new about 6 months ago, and was an expensive one).
    05-25-13 01:49 AM
    Here is a screen munch from the app.battery experiences: my first week with a Q10-img_00000032.png
    05-25-13 06:11 AM
    To me this shows you were using your phone like crazy non stop. That black power line is all over the place, so if your not using your phone and this is what the results are, my guess is that some app is stuck doing something.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 07:09 AM
    +1 to the above. what exactly were you doing with the phone for those 4hrs this morning?
    05-25-13 07:19 AM
    I'm at work today, been driving all day, so apart from say 5 mins per hour (browser and bbm) all I've been doing is being on standby. Not received any calls either. Is there any way to drill down further into this?
    05-25-13 08:18 AM
    what apps have you got running? what happens with only 2g selected?
    05-25-13 08:23 AM
    Also please do try turning your blue tooth ear piece off. Have you tried this?

Also, if you have diagnostics on (under system settings-->security--> diagnostics) trying disabling diagnostics maybe?
    (Skype could be another possibility contributing, since is one of the few apps.that run in the background even when no active frame.open) also if you have sharing what you are listening at (music) via bbm??

It looks as if there is an app that continuously is busy in the back ground.
    Can you associate the battery drain with high data usage? If that is the case, it could point out to look into processes regarding data exchange through some app or setting

In a contrary case it may be another source like the booth or defective hardware some how?

This is just a proposition of how big would go about it in order to bat least determine where the consumption goes towards.

Let us know and keep the spirits up!

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 09:06 AM
    what apps have you got running? what happens with only 2g selected?
    Sadly my network (EE) have taken away the option to choose 2G on its own. I have selected 3G at present.

Nothing is 'running' to my knowledge. I've logged into facebook twitter and linked in (as per above suggestion) but chosen for them not to sync etc.
    05-25-13 09:20 AM
    Very strange! Here's what standby should look like:

battery experiences: my first week with a Q10-img_00000669.png

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 09:47 AM
    agreed. my standby looks in line with yours. i'll upload my graphs later.
    05-25-13 10:00 AM
    battery experiences: my first week with a Q10-img_00000033.png

And here's with battery 2 just about dead.

Tomorrow will be a day without bluetooth.
    05-25-13 10:07 AM
    Your minimum is 1 Watt, that is far of what is normal.
    Please List your apps, or do you have Mail sync set to sync your entirely maildatabase?

Posted via CB10 / Q10
    05-25-13 10:10 AM
    I've just checked through the settings of the three email accounts I have set up on here.

They were all set to sync every 30 mins. I've switched all to 'manual'. I've left 'push' on (for now).

Bluetooth is now off (until tuesday) so will report again tomorrow.
    05-25-13 03:09 PM
    I've just checked through the settings of the three email accounts I have set up on here.

They were all set to sync every 30 mins. I've switched all to 'manual'. I've left 'push' on (for now).

Bluetooth is now off (until tuesday) so will report again tomorrow.
    Ahh. Things get closer. What type of sync do you use? Active Sync? AND what type of corporate sever do you sync with? F.e there are known issues with older Lotus Traveler Servers etc...

My actual thought is: your draining battery has something to do with your PIM Sync, maybe one account causes a sync loop....

Posted via CB10 / Q10
    05-26-13 12:24 AM
    No corporate server, just personal accounts with gmail/hotmail and aol (all are small accounts, with a couple of messages per day, so not as though there are Gigs coming through.

battery experiences: my first week with a Q10-img_00000035.png
    Here is a picture of the third battery that I used yesterday, which was charged on the phone (overnight) in bedtime mode. My other two NX1 batteries have been charged on a standalone charger.

Incidentally I suffered from very poor battery life on my 9900 (as in 3-4 hours when on 3G mode) but just put it down to the phone. I'm wishing I'd known about battery guru now.
    05-26-13 01:23 AM
    Yeah 6 hours is not good. My z10 usually lasts me all day and I'm a pretty heavy user. Something is going on in the background draining it...

Posted via SEGA master system
    05-26-13 01:46 AM
    Hi, how much battery di you lose overnight? I charged to full and disconnected it at midnight. When i woke up at 8 am i had about 85%... fyi i have q10 for 2 days and i deleted every app running

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 02:45 AM
    as promised here are my graphs from 6pm yesterday til 10am today with

3g/2g enabled
    wifi on (except overnight)
    nfc off
    bt off

main use has been browsing / installing and playing with mireo don't panic sat nav / installing and setting up blaq / photos / bbm / weather app running active frame / 30mins of calls.

overnight phone was left on standby rather than bedside mode
    Attached Thumbnails battery experiences: my first week with a Q10-img_00000021.png   battery experiences: my first week with a Q10-img_00000022.png  
    05-26-13 04:14 AM
    Hi!
    What do I have to do for seeing the battery-Status in [%]???
    Do I need an app???
    THX
    05-26-13 06:04 AM
    Hi!
    Do I need an app???
    THX
    Yes. Here is an article about Battery Guru, with a download link at the bottom: Keep track of what your battery is up to with Battery Guru for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    05-26-13 07:23 AM
    Hi!
    Do I need an app???
    THX
    You don't need an app. Swipe down, tap "about", change category to hardware and the battery percentage is near the bottom.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 08:00 AM

Incidentally I suffered from very poor battery life on my 9900 (as in 3-4 hours when on 3G mode) but just put it down to the phone. I'm wishing I'd known about battery guru now.
    Could it be that you are in a poor reception area most of the time? I noticed yesterday that between 19:20 and 20:10 [edit u I ] had consumption while not really using the phone. At the time I was in an underground area of a store with not too good a reception. I believe that this was my phone trying to get proper signal maybe.

I have not tested this. I am posing it more as a question (thus not saying is the case in my example or your experience). It just made me curious. I ll have to check that out in my case and see if it was a coincidence.

All this post is meant to be is pointing to another direction as well that may be worth to check out, especially if you experienced the same problem with your 9900? (on the other hand I have the impression that quite some people have reported poor battery life on their 9900 if I am not mistaken). In any case, imo 3-4 hours is not normal at all for any phone unless you are constantly on really heavy use on it, which is not the case as you describe. Maybe experimenting with 2g networks (i know it sucks...) might also give some worthwhile feed back?

How did blue tooth off affect your battery life today after your last post?

Also, can you compare with other co-workers or neighbors maybe and see if it is just you or a more general observation in your vicinity? (exterior factors maybe?)

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 165471
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 05-27-13 at 12:22 PM.
    05-26-13 08:46 AM
    Below is a battery guru diagram on a very quite day for my Z10

Considering I have emails coming in 3 accounts with more traffic than what you describe (one active sync for work with loads of mails and 2 I map Gmail accounts).

The diagram is from a Saturday to Sunday night, not the usual heavy work traffic there but still I did receive some emails . On cb alone more than 35 mails on thread comments that day.
    battery experiences: my first week with a Q10-img_00001339.png

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 08:53 AM
    Could it be that you are in a poor reception area most of the time?
    When out and about it will be variable, but when I'm at home I have full signal on 3G (and on 4G if I choose). You make a very good point though.

Maybe experimenting with 2g networks (i know it sucks...) might also give some worthwhile feed back?
    Sadly I don't have the option to select 2G on its own.

How did blue tooth off affect your battery life today after your last post?
    It did seem better. My morning battery yesterday (sunday) lasted from 7am to 1pm which is 6 hours. I did virtually nothing with the phone in that period. From 18:00 yesterday I had GPS on and from 19:00 the phone was plugged into an in-car charger. battery experiences: my first week with a Q10-img_00000050.png

Today however, I unplugged at 08:30am (after an overnight charge) and an hour has now passed. I've been doing some browsing/bbm/whatsapp. Bluetooth off, location services off, 3G only selected, wifi on (as I'm at my residence) and in this hour the bat has dropped from 100% to 80%. Looks like today will be another three-battery day :-(

Is there any way to view what is actually working in the background, sort of like a task manager/process manager?
    05-27-13 03:27 AM
182 1234 ...