I just got the q10 and it doesn't last the whole day. I go to work at 6, and it's dead by 6 pm on my way home. My bold used to last till the next morning(if I forgot to plug it in). I'm pretty sure I'm closing everything I should....

Is there something I should be doing?

Is anyone else having this problem?
    05-09-13 11:39 PM
    I'm having a similar problem. I get about 12 to 14 hours, which is good but not the "all day, no need for a charger" kind of good that people have been preaching.

The terrible thing is 12 hours is still really good, I can't just go back to the store and return my phone because the battery is faulty.

I've been told on here that using the non-official charger that came with the Q10 can damage your battery because it doesn't output enough power. So maybe give that a try. Only use the charger that came with the phone.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 11:50 PM
    My battery life is good, but not as good as others have posted about. I'm not sure if that's just a usage thing.

I charge my phone with my playbook charger. I imagine that's fine for it.

Posted on my Q10
    05-09-13 11:56 PM
    What Os are you on?

Posted via Q10
    05-10-13 12:01 AM
    I just got the q10 and it doesn't last the whole day. I go to work at 6, and it's dead by 6 pm on my way home. My bold used to last till the next morning(if I forgot to plug it in). I'm pretty sure I'm closing everything I should....

Is there something I should be doing?

Is anyone else having this problem?
    If you just got your Q10, it is expected that your battery will not be as good as you hope it to be, but as you use and charge your battery each day, the battery life will improve as others have reported. Please let us know how your battery fares after a week.
    Winston Loh likes this.
    05-10-13 01:08 AM
    Mine was the same way when I first got it. Let the battery totally drain out then give it a full charge. Repeat the process one or two more times and it'll settle. Mine lasts right through to the next morning now if I don't charge it. Of course, most people will charge their device at night but you know.. just in case ya forget. Good to know you'll still have enough to get going.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 01:23 AM
    I concur, mine was also the very same. Until I did these steps. Funny I never thought batteries these days had a "settle in" time. But they do. Even my cordless panasonic house phones needed to be broken in as advised in the manuals that no one reads hah!

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 02:00 AM