Posting for a friend- she got a Q10 (and loves it) and had uploaded battery doctor. She then deleted it, but the app is still running on her phone! I've looked at her phone and found the appp in the search, but cannot delete it or locate the icon. Any suggestions on how to remove it? Where to find it? I checked files but it's not there either, yet it's still there as I did a search and found it and the app comes up. Weird!

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 04:29 PM
    Some people I know have changed their emails addresses. Eliminated them from my "contacts" and relisted them correctly. The "old" email address were still recalled by my Q10 (with 10.2.1.3014) when writing new emails as an option along with the new entries. Had to use Blackberry Link to backup post corrections, then reset to the factory settings and then restore! A lot of unnecessary work! Called ATT then was transferred to BB for help. The out dated entries could not be deleted otherwise.
    10-10-14 04:50 PM
    I have that issue too! My phone seems to remember every email ever used!! It doesn't phase me as I think it's a setting issue with my email- I wonder why it does this. But deleting an app and having it not deleted is weird...

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 06:49 PM
    It's not weird. They are Android apps I assume ? With an headless part. You will need another tool from Android to get rid of it. Search the forum (I think I read something about Ghost Commander).

Avoid sideloading or using snap for Android app with headless function
    10-10-14 07:50 PM
    No, she downloaded it from BlackBerry world. She doesn't sideload apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 09:21 PM
    No, she downloaded it from BlackBerry world. She doesn't sideload apps.
    What's the app ? And the version of the phone software ?

UPDATE: ok, Battery Doctor for BlackBerry 10 I presume Well, I've just read your first post again. You said that the app is not uninstalled, but the only proof you have is that it appears when you use instant search. It's not the same thing. The instant search build a cache for his research. So, the question is valid : On which phone software version she is ?
    Last edited by Joshu42; 10-11-14 at 05:48 AM.
    10-11-14 05:35 AM
    She's got the current software- 10.2 something. Thing is, icon is gone, but app is still on the phone. If you look for it in the files, you can't find it but if you search it via the search function, it comes up. Imm having this issue with whatsapp- I deleted it but I keep getting an annoying notification to update my password. I HATE apps that linger/builders who want to keep their app in your phone. Pita!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 04:19 PM
    She's got the current software- 10.2 something. Thing is, icon is gone, but app is still on the phone. If you look for it in the files, you can't find it but if you search it via the search function, it comes up. Imm having this issue with whatsapp- I deleted it but I keep getting an annoying notification to update my password. I HATE apps that linger/builders who want to keep their app in your phone. Pita!

Posted via CB10
    After you search for it, can you click it an launch it?

I would use Google Chrome or sachesi and see if you can remove it that way. If you're unsure how to do that, post back and we can help

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 04:35 PM
    Yes. That's the bizarre thing. It's like the icon was only deleted, not the program. I will see if I can delete it through BlackBerry app world. If not, will ask you all for help with chrome.

Posted via CB10
    FCSC likes this.
    10-17-14 01:51 PM
    Go into blackberry app world. If you see it as "installed" uninstall it from there. If not, reinstall the app, then uninstall it directly from BlackBerry app world

Posted via Q10RR
    10-17-14 01:58 PM
    Corya- thank you- I plan to do tell her that tomorrow . Thanks so much for all your help!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 04:30 PM