I am relly happy for you that you have a so good battery time, but I have no chance to get this with my q10 on a normal working day. When I take it from the charger at 6am I am happy if I still have juice at 2pm without charging.
    Tomorrow I am travelling to Vienna, will check the battery, because the hole day I am on the way, flight, city, meetings, no chargers available.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 10:12 AM
    Travel is a big drain. And also a time when I wouldn't dare experiment with battery life. Top off whenever I can on the road like that. That's why airports have turned into "lost souls looking for a wall to hug..."

Good luck, though.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 10:26 AM
    Beast mode, god mode. Mine is "ELITE " mode.

" Initiated from my Q10 "
    zmsox likes this.
    03-23-14 11:39 AM
    Travel is a big drain. And also a time when I wouldn't dare experiment with battery life. Top off whenever I can on the road like that. That's why airports have turned into "lost souls looking for a wall to hug..."

Good luck, though.

Posted via CB10
    Man, I really don't know what you are doing with your BlackBerry. but for me, the BlackBerry or all other smartphones are with me to talk, text, bbm, email, meetings, evernote, dropbox etc. So no chance to get this standby with a battery which has 2100-2400mah.
    When I go out, like tomorrow, I need to take with me a second battery, when I go out with the 5s I carry with me a mophie juice pack, and I charge my iphone 3 times a day, not why I am playing with this device, I am working with this things.

The q10 is for me better, the batt holds longer, the screen is smaller, the notifications are smarter, no ping pong bling peng boom like on the iphone.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 11:44 AM
    Man, I really don't know what you are doing with your BlackBerry. but for me, the BlackBerry or all other smartphones are with me to talk, text, bbm, email, meetings, evernote, dropbox etc. So no chance to get this standby with a battery which has 2100-2400mah.
    When I go out, like tomorrow, I need to take with me a second battery, when I go out with the 5s I carry with me a mophie juice pack, and I charge my iphone 3 times a day, not why I am playing with this device, I am working with this things.

The q10 is for me better, the batt holds longer, the screen is smaller, the notifications are smarter, no ping pong bling peng boom like on the iphone.

Posted via CB10
    I carried a charger out about town with me when I had an iPhone (4S, 5, 5S)-- one of those lamentable "wall-huggers". I do have two devices, my WORK phone is a 9900. But my main phone is my personal Q10.

And look, I know this is unusual performance, but that is why I posted-- I noticed one day I was beasting, so I shared it with folks. The semi-controlled experiment--well, that is what it is. But if it has served the purpose of maybe making people aware that, maybe, perhaps, there are some behavioral tweaks they can make to sort-of maybe make a difference in untethering themselves from constantly having juice...well, then that's okay.

But like I said, when traveling, don't take any chances-- never pass up a bathroom, and never pass up a chacne to top-off. You never know if something gets cancelled and you need to rebook, or a car never comes and you need to phone or text your meeting participants, etc.

Travel safely!
    03-23-14 01:11 PM
    Great post. Some people have been offended...like we are trying to trick them that there's some cool mode (someone in Z10 thread even gave it the radio of the Beast, 10.2.666, which I guess you'd expect from the "God Mode" thread referring to us keyboard heathens! lol.

But you point out exactly what beast mode is--it is a power-sipping lifestyle choice. The setting you describe are choices one can make, but BEAST mode as a choice of mode, like a varying notification setting to noisy or not.

What you propose is awesome--it is akin to laptops having Power Saving or Performance Settings, only those are often buried in Display Settings. Your proposal would put it in Quick Settings, which would be awesome.

To All Readers:

Here is my phone as of Sunday Morning--a little more than a week since I did the one time experiment.

If you have been following-- I plugged in on Tuesday night after 2.5 days on one charge (unplugged last Sunday). If you look at this picture, I unplugged again on Friday morning.

And Still Have Not Plugged in.

What is BEAST mode?

It's only plugging in twice in the span of a week (Tuesday night and Thursday night).

Display Monitor don't lie.

For critics who say I must not use my phone, "Please."

Worth noting--coming from near empty to a full charge on Tuesday night in two hours because I use my Playbook OEM charger for my Q10.

For the win...

Attachment 257554
    Attachment 257555
    Attachment 257556

Posted via CB10
    Hi,
    Can you post your "display" graph

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 03:13 AM
    How do I get to the Device Monitor graph thing? I want to track my battery usage too!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 03:36 AM
    Hi,
    Can you post your "display" graph

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I snapped this just now after seeing your post. I only was snapping Batt monitors before. Never even clicked this one before.

Battery In Beast Mode on Q10 with 10.2 Update-img_20140324_062408.png

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 05:26 AM
    How do I get to the Device Monitor graph thing? I want to track my battery usage too!

Posted via CB10
    Drop down your quick settings and click on Device Monitor. If it is not there, click on Settings and click on Quick Settings to Customize Quick Settings. You can add it there.

Next, have fun! You certainly get to know your phone and your own usage a little better...
    03-24-14 07:01 AM
    Daldal ni M-huck Hanep lol

03-24-14 07:29 PM
    Daldal ni M-huck Hanep lol

I see you like Alienware too. This was my iPhone homescreen.

Battery In Beast Mode on Q10 with 10.2 Update-img_4217.png
    03-24-14 07:36 PM
111 ... 345