Just received an email of Barclays today. They informed me that a Barclays mobile banking app for BlackBerry 10 is under development and should be released soon. No time scale as yet, but at least they acknowledged one was under development.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 07:25 AM
    Nice to see a big bank like Barclays is doing this. Hopefully other major banks will follow...
    05-07-13 07:30 AM
    I'm pleased about this, because I use the Barclays Mobile banking app on my Curve 9320 a lot, and it's very good. I'm still debating on whether to shell out for a Q10.
    05-07-13 07:32 AM
    I used it on my iPhone and it's one of the most important apps I had. I made the change and the Q10 is a much better phone in my opinion. Only short fall was the lack of apps. If this happens in the near future it'd make me love the Q10 that little bit more!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 08:21 AM
    I made the change and the Q10 is a much better phone in my opinion. Only short fall was the lack of apps. If this happens in the near future it'd make me love the Q10 that little bit more!
    I'm still debating with myself whether to move away from my Curve with BB OS 7.1 to a BB OS10 device. I love the Q10 in terms of its aesthetic appeal and it's beautiful screen, but I'm just not sure that there are any credible advantages for me to change, and to fork out that much.
    05-07-13 08:52 AM
    Yeah it's a big decision. Obviously with it being so new there's several bugs that should be fixed in software updates, but in general its a cracking phone! It's just whether it's worth forking out the money for a phone, when the one you've got fits the bill. Luckily for me I was due a phone upgrade right as the Q10 came out.

Posted via CB10
    chris8189 likes this.
    05-07-13 09:32 AM
    Just received an email of Barclays today. They informed me that a Barclays mobile banking app for BlackBerry 10 is under development and should be released soon. No time scale as yet, but at least they acknowledged one was under development.

Posted via CB10
    Finally. Last time they claimed "judging supporyt" on Twitter which means they are to lazy to start by just potting their Android app....
    I hope it arrives for the Z10 as well and not just the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 10:31 AM
    I am hoping that the "Wells Fargo" and "Bank of America" apps show up on BB10.

Posted via Z10
    hallamwheatley likes this.
    05-07-13 11:31 AM
    Finally. Last time they claimed "judging supporyt" on Twitter which means they are to lazy to start by just potting their Android app....
    I hope it arrives for the Z10 as well and not just the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    In the email it expressed they were developing an app for blackberry 10 didn't mention a specific device. So yeah hopefully it'll be available for both devices! Fingers crossed!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 11:32 AM
    In the email it expressed they were developing an app for blackberry 10 didn't mention a specific device. So yeah hopefully it'll be available for both devices! Fingers crossed!

Posted via CB10
    I think the twitter bit mentioned just BlackBerry 10.
    If the Z10 is not included I guess making some nice ob twitter or similar could be effective

Posted via CB10
    hallamwheatley likes this.
    05-07-13 11:57 AM
    I read about the though of "upgrading" to the Q10.
    While this device looks great and feels great in the hand, I must admit that I deeply regret changing to the Q10 from my old 9900 when it broke down.
    The new Q10 is not really a BlackBerry, the way we have learned to appreciate them (a strong, solid work device for emails, sms, phone calls, contacts, agendas, etc, and decent web browsing ability for completeness)
    the Q10 is more like an iPod with a key board (I call it my iBerry - and that is NOT a compliment!)
    this is really a toy, designed to mimic and compete with the iPod/Pad/Phone and Samung devices, but with a keyboard for typing.
    please note that there is no track ball, which makes it extremely hard to be effective in typing and editing text, beyond brief notes, on this device.
    the email function is rather basic, and operates effectively as if you have a gmail or Hotmail account online, dleting from the server if you delete from the device and other awful flaws.
    the best way to use this device (in my mind) is to uninstall all the junk (facebook, twitter, youtobe, fourcube, etc) or you will end up with a mishmash of contacts and pictures flashing on the screen everytime someone calls.

my advice - stay away from the Q10 and stick with the 9900 at least for another generation of devices.

my opinion only
    07-23-13 01:17 PM
    I read about the though of "upgrading" to the Q10.
    While this device looks great and feels great in the hand, I must admit that I deeply regret changing to the Q10 from my old 9900 when it broke down.
    The new Q10 is not really a BlackBerry, the way we have learned to appreciate them (a strong, solid work device for emails, sms, phone calls, contacts, agendas, etc, and decent web browsing ability for completeness)
    the Q10 is more like an iPod with a key board (I call it my iBerry - and that is NOT a compliment!)
    this is really a toy, designed to mimic and compete with the iPod/Pad/Phone and Samung devices, but with a keyboard for typing.
    please note that there is no track ball, which makes it extremely hard to be effective in typing and editing text, beyond brief notes, on this device.
    the email function is rather basic, and operates effectively as if you have a gmail or Hotmail account online, dleting from the server if you delete from the device and other awful flaws.
    the best way to use this device (in my mind) is to uninstall all the junk (facebook, twitter, youtobe, fourcube, etc) or you will end up with a mishmash of contacts and pictures flashing on the screen everytime someone calls.

my advice - stay away from the Q10 and stick with the 9900 at least for another generation of devices.

my opinion only
    While I agree with most of your sentiments, I think you are being a bit too harsh. (Except on the lack of the trackball.)
    For the record, I have a Z10, having moved from a Bold 9900.

On Barclays: A few weeks ago it was still "judging demand"...
    07-23-13 02:54 PM
    Hopefully won't be too long! Need this app lol

Posted from My Q10
    07-23-13 04:27 PM
    Good to hear any Screenshot of the email?

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    07-23-13 05:38 PM
    Good to hear any Screenshot of the email?

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    If you mean me, it was twitter .
    The problem is, they have been saying they are judging demand pretty much since February....

And when I suggested using the Android app all that I got as a reply was 'we'll forward it to the appropriate department'...

Short of people actually submitting a lot of requests it will take time is my fear...

This was my last tweet:
    http://twitter.com/DetlevCM/status/357185502299951105

(And I hope the link will give you the reply as well)

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 02:40 AM
    Hopefully won't be too long! Need this app lol

Posted from My Q10
    Bug them in twitter about it . Maybe tell them the competition is ahead (it is).

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 02:41 AM
    I decided to ask them as well just to keep the stream of interested enquiries flowing their way:

Hello, Are you planning on releasing a BB10 (BlackBerry OS10) version of your BlackBerry mobile banking app? The existing version does
    not run on the new platform (Z10, Q10 and Q5 handsets) and it would be very useful to have access to Barclays services on this new platform
    Thank you
    10th July 2013

Here's the response I got on the 22nd:
    We would advise that we may look to introduce an App on the new Blackberry platform in the future but are unable to provide timescales at this time
    time.
    So this seems less positive but on the other hand it's not an unequivocal rejection either.

I'd urge all BB10 Barclays customers to send them a similar query to at least keep them aware of the demand for this app.
    08-01-13 06:13 AM
    It would be sufficient if they just boosted the android one for a start... unfortunately just taking the apk and convetibgitbfoes not work permissions don't stick... why ever....

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 06:30 AM
    Do they not have a mobile website at Barclays? I'm not saying that they shouldn't build an app, just that their mobile site should be quite capable and easy for the z10 to digest. I know that all of my banks here in Canada have great mobile websites. The only thing that I think they are missing is the ability to scan deposit cheques.

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    08-01-13 07:31 AM
    Do they not have a mobile website at Barclays? I'm not saying that they shouldn't build an app, just that their mobile site should be quite capable and easy for the z10 to digest. I know that all of my banks here in Canada have great mobile websites. The only thing that I think they are missing is the ability to scan deposit cheques.

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    I think there should be one, but I never found it... plus it would require you to carry a card reader all the time to generate PINs.
    Their app solution is brilliant and better - BUT they just are too lazy to make it available for BlackBerry 10....
    08-01-13 07:50 AM
    I contacted Barclays myself, and they told me that they are busy working on a BB10 app. That was a while ago now....

Posted via Q10
    08-18-13 12:02 PM
    Hi Crackberry community

Any news about this app ? This is crazy that barclays do not react. Even more when you see in big in there website this pictures about the app

Barclays bank mobile app for Q10 is under development!-barclays.jpg
    03-26-14 07:59 AM
    Don't think so... maybe we could organize some joint action? (In the form of a polite request to finally get that app or have their developers release a working Android version in BB World.)
    03-26-14 12:21 PM
    It would be really useful. Their so called "mobile" website is barely usable on my Z10, let alone my Q5.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 06:45 PM
    It would be really useful. Their so called "mobile" website is barely usable on my Z10, let alone my Q5.

Posted via CB10
    Does it even work?
    I think the only time I looked it seems nonexistent.... (beyond the first page)
    All the more frustrating - the Deutsche Bank Android application works fine on BlackBerry.... and their website is also easier to log in to...

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 12:51 AM
48 12