For those of you NOT using the original charger with cable, switch back. I had zero issues with my q and z, the day I switch my batter was terrible and restarts happened. It makes perfect sense that the battery would not charge to full capacity, therefore causing all of these issues.
    09-16-13 11:34 PM
    For those of you NOT using the original charger with cable, switch back. I had zero issues with my q and z, the day I switch my batter was terrible and restarts happened. It makes perfect sense that the battery would not charge to full capacity, therefore causing all of these issues.

Trust me, there are more factors that contribute to charging issues than simply not using the original charger.

For example, I have had "please use the charger that came with the device" warnings when the device was actually connected to the original charger.

Regarding random restarts, 99.9% of the people suffering from that problem had it go away once they updated to one of the newer, corrected OS versions.

The majority of the rest that are still experiencing that are probably due to some combination of old OS versions, bad hardware/battery, loose battery, or certain apps that are unstable.

That's not to say the charger is not important because it is (and if you use a charge monitoring app like Battery Guru you will quickly discover how much of a difference a poor USB cable makes without touching the charger itself), but there is no guarantee that using the original charger will solve all those problems in every case either.
    09-17-13 12:20 AM