I haven't been able to backup using link for almost two years since the micro USB port died. I wanted to move to the Passport I bought but was hoping to sync my calendar, contacts and hopefully texts to outlook so that when I put them onto the Passport I won't be so far out of date.

Is this feasible? If so, what is the most efficient way to transfer the data from the Q10 to my PC?

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    12-28-18 01:15 PM
    Ultimate Backup.... you would have to manually import the data in Outlook.
    12-28-18 01:29 PM
    Darcy's Tools if you want to backup apps (except for sideloads, but Link didn't do that either)

Posted via CB10
    12-29-18 10:22 AM
    Darcy's Tools if you want to backup apps (except for sideloads, but Link didn't do that either)

Posted via CB10
    Won't help because the OP stated that the USB port is not working, and Darcy's needs a working USB port, too.
    12-29-18 10:56 AM
    Won't help because the OP stated that the USB port is not working, and Darcy's needs a working USB port, too.
    My bad; read too fast and missed that!

Posted via CB10
    12-29-18 04:49 PM
    I haven't been able to backup using link for almost two years since the micro USB port died. I wanted to move to the Passport I bought but was hoping to sync my calendar, contacts and hopefully texts to outlook so that when I put them onto the Passport I won't be so far out of date.

Is this feasible? If so, what is the most efficient way to transfer the data from the Q10 to my PC?

Have you ever been to local repair shop to quote repair?
    12-29-18 06:01 PM
    Without the USB it will be a bit painful. You can select contacts and share via Bluetooth. I don't know about calendar events, you might have to do it one at a time unless you want to sync to cloud.
    If you are ok syncing to GMail or Outlook.com or whatever that makes things a bit easier
    12-29-18 06:25 PM
    I appreciate the suggestions. I tried a dozen cell repair shops in the region, none were interested in working on a device that isn't Apple or android.

And I don't have any desire to use cloud services, that's why I was hoping to find a way to back up to the SD card in the first place...

12-29-18 08:40 PM
    I went back to re-read the first post.

Ultimate Backup would do what you want (you can get it from BBW, but then purchase it on their website, because it's still a paid app).

It can back up to the SD card. You can then take it out (as long as encryption is NOT on), and put it in another device or a PC.

If Link is still working on your PC, you could turn on wireless connections to the phone. But, that assumes you have wi-fi in your house.
    12-31-18 07:22 PM
    I'm actually very frustrated because I turned on WiFi connection but I somehow have never been able to get link to connect with my Q10 even though I created a connection to the laptop AFAIK. I obviously made some simple yet crucial error... if I could just get that working with Bluetooth or WiFi to connect with link then my problem would be solved!

01-01-19 09:45 AM
    Still thinking that my best shot will be in getting the ability to sync via WiFi or Bluetooth. Does anyone have ideas for troubleshooting to get either working?

02-05-19 11:57 AM
    Anytime I had issues with WiFi.....

1) I plugged the phone in via USB and then unplugged and WiFi sometimes started working.
    2) disabled firewalls temporarily

If that doesn't work... Ultimate Backup (if they are still out there).
    02-05-19 12:05 PM
    Appreciate it Dunt, unfortunately I CAN'T plug in USB since the port died, otherwise I would easily backup via link like I had for the 1st three years of using the Q10. That's why I was looking for alternative methods of backing up & then loading into the Passport.

02-05-19 12:21 PM
    You may not want to do this, but I would set up a trial cloud account and sync to the cloud, then sync to set up the next phone and delete the data. You can use Outlook.com, Gmail, etc. if you want free, or Office 365 or G Suite if you want guaranteed security and privacy.

After syncing, just delete the account if you don't want to continue using it

Posted with my trusty Z10
    02-05-19 12:38 PM
    I don't care about free, but neither Office 365 and especially anything owned by google are in ANY way private or secure & people who believe that haven't read the TOS & the joke of a "privacy" policy.

I pay for HIPAA level encrypted secure email from a company that can't even replace my password if I forget it. That's why I wanted to backup to micro SD card since I can't use link due to the broken port on the Q10. But I appreciate you taking the time to make a suggestion.

02-07-19 05:53 AM
    I don't care about free, but neither Office 365 and especially anything owned by google are in ANY way private or secure & people who believe that haven't read the TOS & the joke of a "privacy" policy.

I pay for HIPAA level encrypted secure email from a company that can't even replace my password if I forget it. That's why I wanted to backup to micro SD card since I can't use link due to the broken port on the Q10. But I appreciate you taking the time to make a suggestion.

It sounds like you have a great email solution, but you're not correct about Office 365 or G Suite, both of which are used by many health care providers and health systems.

As someone who has worked in both cybersecurity and for a leading analytics firm with some of the US's largest health systems, I can assure you that both Cloud Exchange with Office 365 and Gmail with G Suite are fully HIPAA compliant, if implemented as documented for HIPAA compliance. You'd need to execute a standard BAA agreement with Microsoft or Google, and follow their configuration guidelines.

NOTE: Not all G Suite apps are covered by Google's BAA. Last I checked, Google Contacts was not, so could NOT be used with PHI.

Dunt Dunt Dunt and bbfanfan like this.
    02-07-19 07:40 AM
    It sounds like you have a great email solution, but you're not correct about Office 365 or G Suite, both of which are used by many health care providers and health systems.

As someone who has worked in both cybersecurity and for a leading analytics firm with some of the US's largest health systems, I can assure you that both Cloud Exchange with Office 365 and Gmail with G Suite are fully HIPAA compliant, if implemented as documented for HIPAA compliance. You'd need to execute a standard BAA agreement with Microsoft or Google, and follow their configuration guidelines.

NOTE: Not all G Suite apps are covered by Google's BAA. Last I checked, Google Contacts was not, so could NOT be used with PHI.

"A Guy I know" does networking & systems for a number of clients, including some doctor offices.... He has moved everyone to the Cloud. Cloud Email, Cloud Servers, Cloud Storage.... all HIPAA Compliant.

Came in very handy with Hurricane Michael here... as many offices were destroyed. While others were trying to recover and rebuild data from backups and damaged drives. Most his clients just need to have their new hardware setup to access the still working Cloud Systems. (only issues was getting internet access with any reliability or speed)
    02-07-19 08:29 AM
    You might be confusing Office 365 with outlook.com.
    02-07-19 08:50 AM
    "A Guy I know" does networking & systems for a number of clients, including some doctor offices.... He has moved everyone to the Cloud. Cloud Email, Cloud Servers, Cloud Storage.... all HIPAA Compliant.

Came in very handy with Hurricane Michael here... as many offices were destroyed. While others were trying to recover and rebuild data from backups and damaged drives. Most his clients just need to have their new hardware setup to access the still working Cloud Systems. (only issues was getting internet access with any reliability or speed)
    Just like people confuse the BlackBerry brand with the product and the company, people confuse Google and Microsoft's free products with their enterprise cloud platforms.

rthonpm likes this.
    02-07-19 08:50 AM
    Have you tried sending phone to BlackBerry for repair?

Posted via CB10
    02-07-19 10:02 AM
    I used this file manager to export all my contacts to one file.

Check out Ghost Commander file manager in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/78977

Open its menu and choose location to be home, select Applications, scroll down to 'com.android.contacts' and launch that inside of the file manager. The export option is on the bottom right, should send a VCF file to your SD card which you may need to use the file manager to retrieve. @/mnt/sdcard

Posted via CB10
    02-07-19 11:18 PM
    Ultimate Backup isn't offered as a new app in BBW anymore, but Runisoft, its developer, reads and occasionally posts to these forums. He has made the app available on his website at http://runisoft.com/index.php?option...=78&Itemid=485

It's well worth the small fee he charges, if you* never bought it on BBW. Or you can contact him there as well. People say he has been very responsive to BB10 users who have had Ultimate Backup recommended to them.

* "you" = the OP or anyone in similar circumstances

Anytime I had issues with WiFi.....

1) I plugged the phone in via USB and then unplugged and WiFi sometimes started working.
    2) disabled firewalls temporarily

If that doesn't work... Ultimate Backup (if they are still out there).

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    02-09-19 05:07 PM