I decided to run my newly acquired ShopBlackBerry Z for a month to get better acquainted with it. It took a while to adjust to the keyboard and I did become quite proficient. The Z has some features I liked over the Q, but being back on my Q today made me realize how freakin awesome the keyboard on the Q is. The Q will definitely be my primary device on my main line, and my Z will be relegated to my second line and back up device. I'm falling in love all over again with my Q today...hahaha

Bob

Posted With Either My BlackBerry Q10 Or My Z10 On AT&T
    Karan Mohal and JRF_1986 like this.
    01-13-14 02:48 PM
    I decided to run my newly acquired ShopBlackBerry Z for a month to get better acquainted with it. It took a while to adjust to the keyboard and I did become quite proficient. The Z has some features I liked over the Q, but being back on my Q today made me realize how freakin awesome the keyboard on the Q is. The Q will definitely be my primary device on my main line, and my Z will be relegated to my second line and back up device. I'm falling in love all over again with my Q today...hahaha

Bob

Posted With Either My BlackBerry Q10 Or My Z10 On AT&T
    I was messing around with my dad's Q and i just missed the screen real estate the Z10 offers.. but then i picked up a Z30 and the Z10 just feels tiny

damn you 3 year contracts..
    01-13-14 03:18 PM
    Got both the z and the q as well. Q only for three days in use now. Used it at work for the first day today. Experiencing that typing on the q isn't necessarily quicker but it is just more pleasant to do then on the z. Biggest advantage for me is the smaller footprint of the device and the way better battery life.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10
    hlg8888 likes this.
    01-13-14 04:01 PM
    I was messing around with my dad's Q and i just missed the screen real estate the Z10 offers..
    Yep...love the screen size on the Z over the Q no doubt.

Experiencing that typing on the q isn't necessarily quicker but it is just more pleasant to do then on the z. Biggest advantage for me is the smaller footprint of the device and the way better battery life.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10
    Yep...I agree on both. Although the battery life on my Z was acceptable. Not as bad as some report but the Q definitely hangs in longer for sure. Both are comfortable with regard to size but I love the feel of the Q over the Z most definitely.

Bob
    01-13-14 04:20 PM
    Had my Z from Mar until Dec. Got so frustrated with the whole type on glass experience.

Picked up this Q as my "me" gift this season. Zero regrets!

No more driving a cursor around cleaning up the typos, or the frustraition of tapping a misspelled word expecting spell check popup, but never getting it. No more getting angry at the insanity of typing on glass... that f'in repeated and deliberately rehitting the letter you want just to see the letter(s) beside it appear.

So glad Mr. Chen is driving this boat now, so glad that I know when I get my next BlackBerry I will have a real KB device.

Imagine the horror of a world where we have to own an iToy/Typo combo... what a nightmare!

CDN BB
    hlg8888 likes this.
    01-14-14 05:34 AM
    Had my Z from Mar until Dec. Got so frustrated with the whole type on glass experience.

Picked up this Q as my "me" gift this season. Zero regrets!

No more driving a cursor around cleaning up the typos, or the frustraition of tapping a misspelled word expecting spell check popup, but never getting it. No more getting angry at the insanity of typing on glass... that f'in repeated and deliberately rehitting the letter you want just to see the letter(s) beside it appear.

So glad Mr. Chen is driving this boat now, so glad that I know when I get my next BlackBerry I will have a real KB device.

Imagine the horror of a world where we have to own an iToy/Typo combo... what a nightmare!

CDN BB
    Agreed! Especially that last part.
    Although the Z10 is a great phone, I just like the Q10 more, probably because of the keyboard.
    01-14-14 12:19 PM