Good thing about getting a Q now is the cases/accessories are really cheap... go on amazon and official BlackBerry cases are about $5
    11-10-14 06:41 AM
    If your speaker is distorted, I would actually exchange it
    11-10-14 06:41 AM
    If your speaker is distorted, I would actually exchange it
    It's weird it plays music and videos fine off youtube but in conversations it sounds distorted. I am actually going to give it another week and if I have the issue continually I am going to contact BlackBerry. I hate cases for the most part but I might jump on amazon just to take a look. Thanks for the tip.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 08:09 AM
    That was a short post?

Ha, just kidding. Yeah that Q10 is a workhorse.

Posted via CB10
    Haha -- yeah typing on this thing is so easy I get going and ideas flow to the screen fast. I am actually trying to make the first week of updates as in depth as possible for anyone thinking of jumping iphone or android to the Q. Didn't feel like I had a lot to report on then I looked at the post in shock at how long it appeared.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 08:11 AM
    It's weird it plays music and videos fine off youtube but in conversations it sounds distorted.
    Open your Phone app, go to Settings (swipe from the top), then Call Audio. Check if you changed the equalizer there.
    Understanding that the speaker works well otherwise, either is that setting, either a bad network on your or your contact end.
    11-10-14 09:53 AM
    I use my Q10 speaker on almost every call, it's actually pretty loud and clear. Things I'd look for would be connectivity. Sometime when I call my in laws, the call is garbled, I know it's them because they live in no man's land, poor cell reception. I'll get them to call me back and it's perfect afterwards.

You might also have a faulty speaker phone, picking up background noise when it shouldn't and playing havoc.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 10:21 AM
    Open your Phone app, go to Settings (swipe from the top), then Call Audio. Check if you changed the equalizer there.
    Understanding that the speaker works well otherwise, either is that setting, either a bad network on your or your contact end.
    Thanks for the tip -- I am going to try this and see if it works out. I don't believe it was the network as I was on the phone with my wife in the same city. We typically have really good service in this area.

Posted via CB10
    The Urban Brewer likes this.
    11-10-14 12:01 PM
    Welcome back to BlackBerry. I started using the Q10 in September 2013 both in a protective case and currently without it. So far after several drops and bumps it still runs and works like new. It definitely is durable and the keyboard has no issues.

Posted via CB10
    I changed 2 q10s in a span of 45 days. Both being brand new and secondly got one more brand new which by gods grace works well (hardly15 days up). In all this rukus of changing 3 qs I lost approx 250$.
    Keeping fingers crossed if this also does the same thing it's my last q10.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 09:48 PM
    I got to spend a good amount of time with phone today. Usage was pretty much SMS, BBM, email, CB10, light browsing and remember. I am getting pretty use to the keyboard and am now picking up speed. I am not as fast as I am with a touchscreen but I am far more accurate. I am going to be paying close attention to the keyboard because I had two times in which the "s" key double typed. I am going to have to make sure that this was the KB and not me. I have still been really happy with the phone and especially the battery life.

There are some things that I am missing from my iphone 5s but they might surprise you with what they are. I don't miss the apps at all really. I really miss TouchID and the lightening connector. I absolutely hate USB after using the lightening connector.

I still have not been able to find a good way to link contacts. I am going to try exporting them from itunes and emailing them to the phone. This is my last ditch effort before typing them all in manually. Also, is there a way to turn off quick actions and set up keyboard shortcuts on the home screen like the bbos phones?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 11:57 PM
    Assuming that your iPhone contacts are sync'd in Apples iCloud -- you should be able to access your iCloud contacts (and calendars) from your Q10, but you'll need to set things up in System Settings > Accounts.
    back to BlackBerry w/ the Q10-img_20141111_082947.png

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 02:30 AM
    Assuming that your iPhone contacts are sync'd in Apples iCloud -- you should be able to access your iCloud contacts (and calendars) from your Q10, but you'll need to set things up in System Settings > Accounts.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141111_082947.png 
Views:	236 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	313587

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I have tried to sync with my icloud account, however, only one contact came across. Most of my contacts seems to be connected to my apple ID which for what ever reason doesn't sync with my icloud account.

I wish BlackBerry would make a app that would easily let you transfer everything with Google/apple/windows contacts. To make switching to BlackBerry less of a chore.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 10:18 AM
    I wish BlackBerry would make a app that would easily let you transfer everything with Google/apple/windows contacts. To make switching to BlackBerry less of a chore.
    Well, there is the Device Switch app for that. If you still have your iPhone around, you can always installed it to get all your contacts.
    11-11-14 12:12 PM
    Well, there is the Device Switch app for that. If you still have your iPhone around, you can always installed it to get all your contacts.
    Thanks -- I am going to try and use that. Is there anyway to not sync pictures? Like only elect contacts and calendar?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 03:29 PM
    Thanks -- I am going to try and use that. Is there anyway to not sync pictures? Like only elect contacts and calendar?
    You can select what you want. The app is totally free by the way.
    11-11-14 04:16 PM
    You can select what you want. The app is totally free by the way.
    Thanks -- appreciate the help. I am going to use it tonight and try to pull everything over

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 04:59 PM
    Thanks for the input -- the app worked perfectly and all my contacts are now transferred.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 08:20 PM
    Another great day with the Q10. Thanks to the advice given to me on this forum I was able to transfer my calendar and contacts. I was also reminded of the password keeper app today so I got that from BlackBerry world. I feel like my device is finally set up exactly the way I need it.

I am really impressed with the battery to this point -- feels like having the screen on doesn't wipe out the battery like it did on my iphone 5s. It's nice to get a device that I don't have to strap on a $100 mophie juice pack to get me through the day.

As far as the transition I don't feel like I am missing out on anything. I am using a ipad mini to supplement while I am at home recovering from surgery. I think the real test will be next week when I go back to work.

I do still hate editing text -- I can see why people still desire the 9900.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 10:43 PM
42 12