Started with a Q10, then went to a Z10. After a while I upgraded to a Z30. Then for some stupid reason I started to use a few different Windows phones. Well, I am happy to say that after a couple of months using Windows phones I have come running back to BlackBerry. The Q10 is just a perfect size and BB10 is light years ahead of Windows phone 8.1.
    I know I have put down physical keyboard users in the past because I had this thought that all touch is the way to go. I made sure to keep using all touch because "that's where everyone else is going". Well, I have been all touch with BlackBerry and Windows phone and for some reason I just could not stop thinking about how much the physical keyboard was so fun to use.
    I finally gave in to my inner voice and am very happy with my Q10 and to be back to BB10. Sold the Z10's, Z30's and most of the Windows phones. I've seen the light and I am here to stay.
    01-14-15 04:22 PM
    Yes i have done the same in the past, welcome back.
    lift likes this.
    01-14-15 04:25 PM
    Welcome..
    01-14-15 05:59 PM
    It's a great little phone, in fact I'm on it know.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 08:15 PM
    Me to.
    I kept my z30 and basically use it as a tablet now.
    Love my q10

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 08:17 PM
    My experience too...a brief wander into Android world a while back too...I've come to be content using what I like to use rather than follow the crowd on what I'm "supposed" to like.
    lift likes this.
    01-14-15 08:24 PM
    I never really felt like I was "supposed" to use an all touch device, but I always felt that I "should" because every phone out there is all touch. But like I said earlier. I just kept thinking about how much I liked the Q10 and kept fighting the urge to go back to it. Glad I came to my senses.
    01-14-15 08:32 PM
    Sigh, I'm going through the same thing. I'm currently using a Z30, but I oh so miss the keyboard of my Q10. I played with a Classic a few days ago and that keyboard felt even better... but I don't know if I can give up the screen real estate, and I don't want to carry two phones around with me all the time.

Decisions...

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 01:53 AM
    Welcome back, OP. Not directly related to this post, but in my personal opinion, sometimes being one with the world around you instead of depending on your phone for "social interaction" is a good thing

Once you're used to a PKB, it's kinda hard to go back to a touch-screen as much as you say you will try. This is my personal experience. I use a Nexus 7 tablet for almost all of my entertainment needs and in those rare times when I need to crank out a quick Facebook reply or Google hangout message on my tablet, even with the Swype functionality, which IS pretty quick, I find myself having to re-check the message to ensure accuracy and avoid the embarrassing auto-correct.

I guess you can say that I'm addicted to PKB And I'm okay with that. I don't suddenly have the urge to watch Netflix when I'm out and about and I don't have my tablet on me, so my Q10 gets the job done. I really value human interaction and it's kinda sad seeing so many folks glued to their smartphones or tablets with the world revolving around them but this is the world we live in these days. We BB users are truly in our own little world apart from iOS and Android phone users (and Windows Phone too.) I love the form factor of the Q10. Put it next to a Galaxy Note or iPhone 6+ and it looks "microscopic" but which one is able to fit in the front pocket with ease and no bulk? Yup. The Q10

"Put down the phone and enjoy the world around you."
    lift, anon(1723145) and Sulaco757 like this.
    01-15-15 10:03 AM
    (re) Welcome to the Black side!

Posted from Angband using the mighty Hammer of the Underworld, my Q10
    clickitykeys likes this.
    01-15-15 10:06 AM
    Sigh, I'm going through the same thing. I'm currently using a Z30, but I oh so miss the keyboard of my Q10. I played with a Classic a few days ago and that keyboard felt even better... but I don't know if I can give up the screen real estate, and I don't want to carry two phones around with me all the time.

Decisions...

Posted via CB10
    I loved the Z30. It was such an awesome phone. But in some situations it was a little too big. I like to carry my phone in my front jeans pocket when I am out and about. I don't ever wear skinny jeans, but even with normal jeans the Z30 seemed a little too big for my pocket. The screen real estate is nice if you want to watch movies or play games but I never do either of those on my phones. So that was a big factor in my decision to go back to a Q10 and use the phone as a communication device and not a multimedia device. I do like to play music on my phone sometimes and the Q10 speaker is almost just as good as the Z30 was so that is not problem for me. Size and the PBK were the deciding factors. If I want Multimedia I have laptops and a TV for that.
    01-15-15 10:36 AM
    Just one question: Why Windows Phone? Never used them, just wanted to understand the attraction you had.
    01-15-15 01:21 PM
    welcome back to blackberry

in short i went from a bold 9700 (2009) to a short stint on a torch 9800 to a samsung galaxy note - wow back in 2011 that was one of the first 5.3" phablets. it was a great device and the 'wtf is that' seems by today's rollout of 5"++ meh.

whilst i liked the screen real estate of the gnote i truly missed the kb.

i traded my beloved 9700 (& 9800) on a very well kept q10 and the feeling was (also) euphoric. to insert the sim, micro sd and powerup the device, going through the familiarity of setup, logging into bb protect, restoring and to my surprise my email accounts, contacts, even the calendar all populated - all before i left the store. it was like re acquainting with an old friend, someone whom you had not seen for a while and yet updated. that return to bb and my first play with os 10.1 and the swipe up & right seemed odd yet familiar.

ps. i ended up trading the gnote on an iphone 5s 64gb. so i have 2 devices, the q10 (main) for communications and the 5s (data sim only) for multimedia. both pocketable.

Started with a Q10, then went to a Z10. After a while I upgraded to a Z30. Then for some stupid reason I started to use a few different Windows phones. Well, I am happy to say that after a couple of months using Windows phones I have come running back to BlackBerry. The Q10 is just a perfect size and BB10 is light years ahead of Windows phone 8.1.
    I know I have put down physical keyboard users in the past because I had this thought that all touch is the way to go. I made sure to keep using all touch because "that's where everyone else is going". Well, I have been all touch with BlackBerry and Windows phone and for some reason I just could not stop thinking about how much the physical keyboard was so fun to use.
    I finally gave in to my inner voice and am very happy with my Q10 and to be back to BB10. Sold the Z10's, Z30's and most of the Windows phones. I've seen the light and I am here to stay.
    lift likes this.
    01-15-15 02:50 PM
    Congratulations. Mine is the same. I use a Z10, Q10, then Z30. After a time with Z30, I found myself craving for a physical keyboard. It's totally different that you can actually feel it when you type. Don't care about the trend about whistles on smartphone specs. What I need is for me. I love my Q10. It can deliver the job for me. I don't mind the screen size, because I have accuracy. I decided to switch back to Q10 after Z30 because I believe BlackBerry's distinctive identity is all about pkb's as per Passport and Classic's launching. Though I love the Z30 battery, but since I got different chargers to keep me going, I guess that is not a deal breaker though.

BlackBerry is the Extension of my Hand
    01-15-15 05:48 PM
    Just one question: Why Windows Phone? Never used them, just wanted to understand the attraction you had.
    Why Windows Phone? This is my opinion so please take it for what it is. Opinion. Anyway, I can't stand Apple. I do not and will never own an Apple product so that was not even an option.
    I will not use an Android device. It is not worth giving away my privacy for a few small conveniences. I will never understand how people can just give away their privacy by using any android devices.
    So that really only left one other option for me. Windows phone gives you many options while setting it up as far as privacy is concerned. I know it is far from perfect but Windows phone was not really all that bad. But it just didn't feel polished and professional like BB10.
    01-15-15 09:09 PM
    Why Windows Phone? This is my opinion so please take it for what it is. Opinion. Anyway, I can't stand Apple. I do not and will never own an Apple product so that was not even an option.
    I will not use an Android device. It is not worth giving away my privacy for a few small conveniences. I will never understand how people can just give away their privacy by using any android devices.
    So that really only left one other option for me. Windows phone gives you many options while setting it up as far as privacy is concerned. I know it is far from perfect but Windows phone was not really all that bad. But it just didn't feel polished and professional like BB10.
    I came from windows phone 8.1 as well before. Yet, BlackBerry is still the top OS that works for me.

BlackBerry is the Extension of my Hand
    lift likes this.
    01-16-15 02:44 AM
    No need to worry. Your opinion is valuable my intention is not to argue, just understand your choice.

And well, I agree with your Apple and Android statement, specially as a former Android smartphone frustrated user. My doubt came mostly because few known of mine had Windows Phones and they always told me they had it because it was cheaper or different, so at least with your answer I feel curious to test one of those devices.

Nexus 7 made me write this through Tapatalk. Good boy
    lift likes this.
    01-17-15 06:22 PM
    Same here I've sold my z10 Z30 Passport and we only have Q10s in our house hold now.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    01-17-15 11:46 PM
    Almost an identical story. Previously on BlackBerry Curves. Left them to go to all touch Windows Phones. However just missed BlackBerry too much and now so happy to be back in black with a nice new BlackBerry Q10

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    01-19-15 06:26 AM
    Windows phone just wasn't polished like BB10. There were little quirks here and there. I remember one time I wanted to sent 2 attachments in a text and the Windows phone just choked and would not do it. I had to sent each attachment separately.
    At first I thought the live tiles were cool (maybe just because it was different). After a while the different sized, colored and active tiles started to really bother me. I changed what I could to make things a little less flashy and then I just felt that the flat and blocky look was dull and funny looking.
    I guess the only thing I could positively say about Windows phone was that it is easy to use. I hated Windows 8 from release day on a laptop or desktop and now I'm not a fan of it on a phone either. Just so happy to be back to BlackBerry. The grass was NOT greener on the other side.
    01-19-15 10:50 AM
    The Q10, to me, is the perfect sized device. It's pocketable, tough ( I've dropped mine a few times without any functionality issues although a few cosmetic ones), killer battery life, maintains connection where others fail and need I say it again???......... well, I will.........super secure.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    01-19-15 03:26 PM