So i said goodbye to blackberry 5 years ago and have dealt with android ever since. Android is so customizable but i really want a q10! Not sure if its worth going back or not b/c of the limited apps you can get with BB.
    01-10-15 10:18 AM
    I just wrote about my switch to an iPhone.
    While I prefer bb and I particularly love the q10. You should consider what you really like about your android.
    I felt like when u went back to a bb I left a phone that could do so much to a bare bones phone with the basics.

It took a lil time, but I soon realized there was a lot of crap I didn't need to waste my time on on the Android or iPhone.
    I got used to a simplified but highly enjoyable experience.

The bb features that drive me back to bb. The OS, bbm, the physical keyboard, security, the persona of bb users. And I don't like to admit it, but stand out from the crowd a bit.

With the passport out now too, I feel it had a niche option as well that I will one day explore.
    Are you ready to give up all the customizations with your android? The limitless apps?
    01-10-15 11:40 AM
    I have an android tablet so i can get all the apps i want on my tablet but i dont know?
    01-10-15 12:54 PM
    Oh boy. Another "should I come back to BlackBerry" thread.

Sorry but there are tons of "should I" threads out there that end up being bait for a flame war.

Posted via CB10 on the FrankUnderwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    01-10-15 01:02 PM
    Save it for the pity party. I have not been here in awhile and i wanted to know different opinions. Thank you
    01-10-15 01:24 PM
    Save it for the pity party. I have not been here in awhile and i wanted to know different opinions. Thank you
    Come back (rose in titanic voice)

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 01:38 PM
    BlackBerry World, Amazon app store, Snap (bridge to Google Play) . You won't be lacking apps. But it will take patients to get everything set the way you want.

Posted via CB10
    Sugar_Britchez likes this.
    01-10-15 01:39 PM
    I have a Moto x 2014 and just picked up a used Q10. Was a long BlackBerry user before that. I've used it for about a day now and find it a little confusing so far. Keyboard is nice and so is build quality. Apps needing Google play services won't work. Typing is still a little slow for me on this keyboard...you have to make sure your nails are short.

So far it's been fun and nostalgic. I'll test it out a few more days but don't see switching over completely. We'll see.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 02:43 PM
    no. don't switch.
    01-10-15 02:46 PM
    I can't decide whether I should switch back to my q10 from my galaxy s5. I miss the keyboard and all the apps that I use on the galaxy I can get on the q10. But the screen size is what is holding me back from switching already. I'm just so used to the bigger screen now.

Posted via CB10
    Sugar_Britchez likes this.
    01-10-15 03:00 PM
    Go the Passport way.
    01-10-15 04:12 PM
    I got an Android tablet as the big screen toy and a BlackBerry as reliable/ secure communications device. Been happy with the experience. Actually been very surprised with the functionality of the Q10 and how little I have to pick up the tablet to get things done.

 Posted via CB Chen 
    01-11-15 07:36 AM
    I mess with my wife,s Note 4 from time to time, but I must prefer the simple UI of my Q10.

Posted from my Timex Sinclair 2068 Personal Color Computer
    01-11-15 11:48 AM
    So last night I tried to purchase an app in blackberry world via paypal... would not work. Tried so many different ways and nothing.. now this wouldn't happen on my moto x.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 11:53 AM
    Also do the active frames actually update? I noticed my calendar one was stagnant.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 11:54 AM
    hard to decide really. i was such an avid blackberry user. Is the Q10 better than the bold 9900?
    01-11-15 12:08 PM
    hard to decide really. i was such an avid blackberry user. Is the Q10 better than the bold 9900?
    It's up to personal choice. I like it better, and came from the 9930. It does take some adjustment.

Posted from my Timex Sinclair 2068 Personal Color Computer
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-11-15 12:26 PM
    I got my q10 not long after launch. It's the device on my business line. Otherwise, I'm all Apple. I do dabble in Android since that's my wife's preference. Truthfully, the q10 is an ok device, but I think it may be my last Blackberry. I need to replace it, and I just don't see the appeal anymore. I've become so used to e touchscreen typing that the keyboard does nothing for me, and everything else is just more functional without all the tinkering on other platforms.

Add that to Sprints seemingly total alienation of Blackberry, and I'm pretty much out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-11-15 03:25 PM
    I got my q10 not long after launch. It's the device on my business line. Otherwise, I'm all Apple. I do dabble in Android since that's my wife's preference. Truthfully, the q10 is an ok device, but I think it may be my last Blackberry. I need to replace it, and I just don't see the appeal anymore. I've become so used to e touchscreen typing that the keyboard does nothing for me, and everything else is just more functional without all the tinkering on other platforms.

Add that to Sprints seemingly total alienation of Blackberry, and I'm pretty much out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    BlackBerry also have the best touchscreen typing.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 04:14 PM
    I was an avid Blackberry user and went away for a period of time. Now I am back. In regards to the app situation, it really just depends on you and the apps that you use. With the inclusion of Android apps through multiple markets there are many apps available. I find that all of the apps that I would want and use, with the possible exception of Google Wallet, are available. The app situation is essentially a nonfactor to me. That may or may not be your situation. I truly depends on what apps you want or need.

Being a long time Blackberry user I find that there is something about typing on the keyboard and having the familiar form factor to me. I don't know if I would be able to accurately describe it. There is just a certain comfort that I have with my Blackberry. Maybe this is the same for you, maybe not. I just feel as though I am most at ease with my BB.

Factors that I enjoy about BB though:

1. Build quality. I know that there are many manufactures of phones out there and that some are great in this category. Blackberry excels here I think. When I buy an expensive phone I want to feel as though my money was worth the purchase and that it will last. For me BB does.
    2. The hub. I love having my notifications accessed this way. Others may disagree but for me this method works and works extremely well. I predominantly use my phone for text, bbm, emails, and social media. For these purposes it is hard to beat BB.
    3. I enjoy the keyboard shortcuts. I feel as though I can fly through the OS.
    4. I am glad that they brought the customizable LED notifications back. I always liked this feature. Few if any phones have this where you can get a easy visual notification of this sort and know who is contacting you and in which manner.

You will get a lot of opinions here and most of which are probably biased one way or another. I would say to try it. If you don't like your BB then sell it. Worst case you are out a few bucks, but maybe you'll find an old friend too. You never know.
    01-12-15 01:14 PM