I've just moved from my Z10 (which I've used since Feb) to th Q10. I've also scoured the forums to look for a posts that directly addressed my query.

My concerns are mainly around battery life.

I used to install all leaks the day they were dropped and found that it had started affecting my Z10's battery (even if I were to roll back to factory OS)

I decided to leave my Q10 untouched and only re-loaded the OS once - this was done for 2 reasons:

1. To have a fresh OS that's untouched by Network related downloads (Splash Screen? And ring tones)
    2. My unlocked T-Mobile Q10 needed to download the relevant OS as applicable for ATT

The OS re-load was done by downloading from the BlackBerry support page.

I have since found that my battery has been steadily improving... I travel for work every week and I believe my experience may help some of you here.

1. Wifi always left on - the consumption is super optimized and stretches out to almost 1% per hour.
    2. No android apps installed
    3. Extensively use BlackBerry Travel
    4. Reply to most work mails from BlackBerry cos I'm rarely at my desk. So that equates to 30 odd mails a day. No, I'm not a power user if I'm to compare myself to the lofty standards set here by some of my peers.
    5. Battery is down to 30 % by late evening i.e. 8 PM
    6. Pulled of charger when my alarm goes off at 6 AM
    7. LTE always on - no options to change this

My experience with the same routine on a Thursday or Friday however is vastly different as I'm back on the road and flying through Chicago and hit NY by 10 PM. I find that I cannot rely on my battery to last me the whole day in such cases.

I installed the United airline app (android port) on my recent trip to quickly get my boarding passes and found my battery drained faster. It has since been deleted.

My concern here - I'll need to be in touch with colleagues even if I'm in transit & let the wife know when I'm getting home (Flights from Chicago are usually delayed - for my route anyway) and the last thing I need is to be left standing at the door with it deadbolted from the inside. By current battery life doesn't support my schedule.

That said- I HAVE NO PLANS TO GIVE UP MY Q10. YOU WILL NEED TO PRY IT OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS IF YOU WANT ONE.

I'd just like to know from all of you enjoying great battery life - How much longer before it actually settles in?

I got my Q10 exactly 2 weeks ago - incase you're wondering.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by PN009; 06-22-13 at 04:10 PM.
    06-22-13 12:57 PM
    That's such a hard question to answer since battery life depends on the user and location. My Q10 does outlast my Z10 by a good margin, but looking at what I use each for that is easily explained. Quick question though, why can't you turn off LTE?
    07-20-13 08:13 AM