Hi everybody,

I have been using the torch for some time and now switched to the Q10 (German version).
    On torch, I was able to include rules for the umlauts in the system so that I could use something like: Gl(space) ue (space)ck (= Gl�ck) so that BB would automatically transform ue to �, ae to � and so on.

So far, I could not find this option with the Q10.
    I for sure don't want to identify all the words I use manually and save them into the system so that BB only reacts when these words are used. I would like to use a general rule as before to make it easier to write these words. Holding the button and then choosing from the list is very tedious and eats up a lot of time.

Thank you.
    07-12-13 06:47 AM
    Wilkommen!

There are two ways you can try to add the umlauts:

1. Go to Settings>Language and input>Text input>Input Languages and click on the globe at the bottom of the page and add Deutsch as a language for the text prediction.

2. And this is pretty much the same way you were doing it on your Torch: Settings>Language and Input>Text Input>Prediction and Correction>Word Substitution This brings up the same substitution menu that was found in the older devices, though the list is nowhere near as long.

Hopefully this helps you out!
    07-12-13 07:31 AM
    I am not sure about the 2nd point: does this only substitute the words I put in? I want to correct every word that use in my chats as long as I use the "code" ae or oe etc...
    With torch it worked with %something (the list is somewhere on the web).
    I was not able to make it work on the Q10...

Point 1 does not work well with german words (my experience). More often than not nothing happens and I have to correct the word manually
    07-12-13 08:42 AM