I wiped clean my Q10 and now when you Power It Up it says that the anti-theft protection feature is on and to continue with Device setup you must enter your blackberry ID then there's a field for Blackberry ID username and password. The problem is that I don't remember the Blackberry ID and password. Also why would I need these credentials when the phone was wiped clean. I'm lost.
    08-14-18 10:48 AM
    If you don't remember those credentials your device is as good as paper weight. Try to web log in to your BlackBerry Protect account.. I don't think you have any other option if you are on 10.3 or above.. (That's why its BlackBerry )
    08-14-18 11:05 AM
    if you can prove the ownership and you are able to contact BB ,they can fix it
    08-14-18 11:19 AM
    ... Also why would I need these credentials when the phone was wiped clean. I'm lost.
    To prevent someone who might steal your phone from doing exactly that.

If a wipe removed anti-theft protection, then that protection is pretty much useless.

BTW, any Apple or Android phone with recent OS does the exact same thing.
    08-14-18 12:15 PM
    I see what everyone is saying but in order for me to wipe the device clean I had the correct email and password. That's why I was able to wipe it clean. So how can it be attached to anything when I used my credentials to wipe it clean?
    08-14-18 01:40 PM
    I'm lost here. I wiped it clean 2 years ago and it's been sitting in my desk drawer. So when you're performing a factory reset and it's successful, the device ia still attached to an account?
    08-14-18 01:43 PM
    I see what everyone is saying but in order for me to wipe the device clean I had the correct email and password. That's why I was able to wipe it clean. So how can it be attached to anything when I used my credentials to wipe it clean?
    Entering a password incorrectly 10 times would also cause a wipe.

Go online. Surely you remember your recovery question?
    08-14-18 01:43 PM
    Ahhh I get it now. I wasn't connecting the dots... 😁. Thank you Conite
    08-14-18 01:45 PM
    I'm lost here. I wiped it clean 2 years ago and it's been sitting in my desk drawer. So when you're performing a factory reset and it's successful, the device ia still attached to an account?
    Yes...

You can remove the theft protection before you wipe the phone....
    08-14-18 01:51 PM
    Yes...

You can remove the theft protection before you wipe the phone....
    Only if you know your BBID.
    08-14-18 02:09 PM