Hello,

My colleague has like 5 years of emails on her Q10. Is it possible to archive the first 4 years and still keep all these emails on the device without it being sync so she can still look up old emails (Microsoft exchange 2007)

Would appreciate advice how to do this.

thanks
    03-21-14 10:11 AM
    A couple of options come to mind. Hopefully one will work for her.

First option. Set up a sub folder under the Inbox (via PC) and move the 4+ year old messages into that folder. On device, go to Settings > Accounts > [account name] > Edit Folder Settings. Turn off sync for that folder. The folder will then show on the device, but the messages won't be synced. Remote Search, which is only available for EAS accounts, should be able to pull up any of those old messages.

The other option, simplest, but won't achieve the exact results. Under the Settings > Accounts > [account name] Advanced, set the Sync time frame down to 30 days. This will keep the messages down. Older messages will have to be located via Remote Search.

Hope this helps.
    03-21-14 10:44 AM
    Thanks. I presume the first option will make the device run a lot faster?

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 11:03 AM
    Thanks. I presume the first option will make the device run a lot faster?

Posted via CB10
    That will depend most upon how much email is not being synced after choosing one of these options. If your colleague keeps everything and has a huge amount of email, she may notice a small improvement in day-to-day use. If she deletes unnecessary email, there probably won't be a noticeable difference at all.

I keep all my messages from 2 Gmail accounts and 1 EAS account dated back "forever". However, this only amounts to about 2,500 messages since I'm ruthless about deleting.
    03-21-14 11:27 AM