January2012(Delayed)
    June2012(Delayed)
    November2012(Delayed)
    January2012(Announced) but not released.
    March-April(US z10)
    April-May(US q10)

They screwed themselves with this. Most Blackberry consumers aren't looking for a touchscreen, if they were then they'd jumpship to iPhone/Android. All the loyal qwerty customers were waiting for the q10 and this is how they respond, with MORE WAITING! By the time the q10 is released leaks of the Aristo will already be coming out making it obsolete.
    trsbbs, rottonj, jginel and 1 others like this.
    01-30-13 10:43 AM
    I agree, I wasted an hour watching the launch, I'm so disappointed
    trsbbs and jginel like this.
    01-30-13 10:50 AM
    yeah it sucks but the faithfuls won't jump ship. we all waited this long and of course we want the phone now, but once we get it will look at back at this and just smile. well at least i will. just trying to remain optimistic about the whole thing.
    ShaggyM8, jginel and SK122387 like this.
    01-30-13 10:55 AM
    Current customers aren't the problem. Winning people like me back after 2 years on a touch screen Android device is.
    My apologies for my crudeness, but I was feeling a little chubby watching the live conference. Z10 SCORED big for me.
    I'll be buying my wife the Q10 as soon as it comes out.
    BB +2 Android -2
    jginel, stevetruman and a1s2d3f4g5 like this.
    01-30-13 10:56 AM
    Well if you want to get technical,
    UK release date is tomorrow.
    Canada's is Feb 5th.
    01-30-13 10:59 AM
    Man I'm so disappointed the Q isn't coming out yet. Why Blackberry? Why? I'm expecting the stock to go down after all the negative review start coming out, which are probably already happening. At least the Z is out on Feb 5th here in Canada but I feel bad for the US faithful. Who knows when you guys are getting the Q.
    SK122387 likes this.
    01-30-13 11:01 AM
    yeah it sucks but the faithfuls won't jump ship. we all waited this long and of course we want the phone now, but once we get it will look at back at this and just smile. well at least i will. just trying to remain optimistic about the whole thing.
    The fact that we have to wait 4-5 more months(150days) for this phone pisses me off. The only thing separating RIM from other companies is there qwerty keyboards. Nothing else is really new.

Blackberry Exclusive:
    -Time Shift Camera
    -Qwerty Keyboard
    -Universal Search(I think)
    -Blackberry Hub(possibly)
    -gesture controls(think I saw it before though)

Already on other platforms:
    -Predictive virtual keyboard(android & windowsphone8)
    -specs
    -multi-tasking

and the list goes on. I'll stop ranting.
    jginel likes this.
    01-30-13 11:02 AM
    Man I'm so disappointed the Q isn't coming out yet. Why Blackberry? Why? I'm expecting the stock to go down after all the negative review start coming out, which are probably already happening. At least the Z is out on Feb 5th here in Canada but I feel bad for the US faithful. Who knows when you guys are getting the Q.
    The stock was dropping while Thor was talking.
    01-30-13 11:03 AM
    I'm perfectly fine with that date! I know that when I get the Q10 I will get a perfect device!
    01-30-13 11:08 AM
    feels kicked in the Nads........thought it would be quicker than this!
    01-30-13 11:21 AM
    It was said months ago that the Q10 would be released 30-60 days after the Z10. This is not something that people should be shocked about. As for the release date in the US, well I think you can blame the carriers for that one, not BB.
    01-30-13 11:35 AM
    It was said months ago that the Q10 would be released 30-60 days after the Z10. This is not something that people should be shocked about. As for the release date in the US, well I think you can blame the carriers for that one, not BB.
    Well maybe, but dont you think with all the delays this has received they have had plenty of time to get everyone on board quickly? Posting their ad during superbowl(American football game)for a product available in the US a couple months away. Really? Why bother?
    jginel and jdhooghe like this.
    01-30-13 11:42 AM
    I am also not really happy about the April release date. Considering the Z10 starts hitting the shelves in february, we'll see roughly a six to eight weeks delay with the Q10. Way better than I and some other feared, but I somehow hoped we'd have to wait four weeks - at best.

Right now I am not too sure wether I will actually wait for the Q10 or will buy a Z10 once it hits the stores. The AMOLED and of course that physical QWERTY is a real plus, however I have yet to see any actual, real typing action of the Q10. Somehow my guts tell me that for german language input, the Z10 will be *far* superior because the word prediction should include our special character ("Umlaute"), while the Q10 has to deal with them in a different way.
    01-30-13 11:54 AM
    QWERTY was only BB10 model I was considering since the physical keyboard is only reason I'd jump ship from my iPhone and to have to wait until April/May is deal breakerish for me. My upgrade has been available since December and I have an iPhone 4 and waiting until May really sucks. By then the Galaxy S4 will most likely be out along with an iPhone 5s, not that I'm abandoning getting a BB10 but I'll definitely consider other options that come out by then. This Feb-March time frame was perfect because nothing new is coming out, now they're going to have uber competition.
    01-30-13 12:14 PM
    Actually works out perfectly for my contract expiration so I'm one of the happy ones! I've waited this long, I can wait a little while longer.
    01-30-13 12:19 PM
    I want a keyboard with my BB10. If I have to wait a few months from today for Verizon to bring it onboard that's quite okay with me.
    I've been dredding (sp?) deciding between an Apple or Android as my contract with BigRed runs down, with the 9930 a rather impoverished app inventory and the fact VzW has it on 3G. Otherwise a good device the -30.
    I'm a Berryman (or what ever BBers are called) and the Q10 promises to be my next satisfactory device.
    April / May?
    I can cope.
    jginel likes this.
    01-30-13 12:44 PM
    -perhaps one of BB's goals was to tempt the keyboard users over to the Z10 due to being impatient hoping that they will prefer the Z10 experience.
    -most hardcore "crackberry addicts" will wait for the Q10 - myself included - because BB is all about the keyboard, plain and simple. I've remained on my Bold 9700 waiting for a better device and I'm hoping that the Q10 is it, otherwise I'm happy with the 5.0 OS. Yep, I'm still on that "bad boy." For business, it gets things done. Like most business users, games don't mean anything. It's still about e-mail, text mssgs, telephone and web browsing. Those are the things that make the BB experience and those are the things they need to improve upon or else they'll be going the way of Palm. Good Luck Blackberry. We're waiting on the true BB device: Q10
    01-30-13 01:19 PM
    You know what might be a homerun device for BB? A Z10 sized device with a slide out keyboard similar to the Droid. You get the all the "real estate" of the Z10's screen and when you have to type out a message whether it's email, text or even working on a document, you would have access to what just might be even a better keyboard experience. BB better get on the case. To me, that would be the best device out there and I would become a bigger addict that I already am. Gotta have that keyboard though.
    01-30-13 01:27 PM
    You know what might be a homerun device for BB? A Z10 sized device with a slide out keyboard similar to the Droid. You get the all the "real estate" of the Z10's screen and when you have to type out a message whether it's email, text or even working on a document, you would have access to what just might be even a better keyboard experience. BB better get on the case. To me, that would be the best device out there and I would become a bigger addict that I already am. Gotta have that keyboard though.
    Yup. What's it gonna be for a slider, sometime 2014? Disappointed.
    01-30-13 01:40 PM
    Bummer. I'll probably wait until the reviews come out before making a final decision but the continuous delay makes it harder to hold out. Odds are that I'll get a Nexus 4 sooner than a Q10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    01-30-13 01:48 PM
    Hopefully vzw will have the z10 and the q10 in March
    01-30-13 01:49 PM
    I have a Droid 4. I really want the portrait style keyboard back. I just bought a 9930 on ebay because there is no way I'm waiting until May+ to do that. That's how great the slider is. It is ok for two handed operation, but it isn't worth crap for single handed use.
    jginel likes this.
    01-30-13 02:03 PM
    01-30-13 02:18 PM
    There's a video under the link I just posted above, where the guy says the Q10 battery is 2100 mAh, for what that's worth...
    01-30-13 02:24 PM
    That's a good article and very true.
    This delay is ridiculous. My boss is going to flip when I tell him he has to wait until MAYBE April... after all the delays already, can you even trust a "Possibly April" date???
    01-30-13 03:23 PM
31 12