Y some apps are available on Z10 but aren't available on Q10?

Eg: Waze or Angry Birds Go

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 10:47 AM
    When they are written, they are done for certain form factors...1:1 form factors were most likely not written in the apps.
    01-09-14 12:50 PM
    When they are written, they are done for certain form factors...1:1 form factors were most likely not written in the apps.
    This pretty much sums it all up. Some games aren't perfectly suitable for the form factor either. Hence why they aren't available. Sometimes they become available at a later date and other times they just do not.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 05:50 PM
    Ok..is this explanation available just 4 games?

Because Waze is a gps amazing app.

Thanks again

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 02:24 AM
    It depends on how the developer creates the app. Flipboard for example is a highly multimedia style of appp, aimed for larger displays. I guess the developers didn't want to hassle with creating a 1:1 ratio friendly UI. On the other hand, there are many other apps like image editors which work well on the QWERTY phones. Same with navigation software, apps like BB Maps, BeMaps 10 or Mireo prove navigation and 1:1 screens can work rather well.

In different some games, while compatible with the QWERTY phones, aren't really enjoyable IMO. Especially those where you need to have your thumbs on the screen all the time to control the game. Mini Squadron or Death Worm come to mind: Both available for Q10, but the fingers on the display take away too much space on the already limited screen.

One thing you can always try is contacting the developers and requesting a compatible version of the app with a future update. There really is no rule of thumb in terms of which apps/games work and which won't work.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    01-10-14 06:01 AM
    Its because of the resolution or aspect ratio of the app.
    There is no point releasing the app on q10 if it's going to look like sh**.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 06:16 AM
    Thak u all

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 01:11 AM
    I buy into the idea some apps (games) will not be optimal on the 1:1 screen, some even not possible.

For the most part though, I think most dev's are just into the quick. They want to put something out quickly (some by porting Android software). I figure many are just too lazy, or lack the desire to put out 2 versions (Z and Q).

That is ok. Many of us didn't buy a BlackBerry for "apps", and even fewer of us got a Q for games.

I am far more impressed with the dev's who DO take the time to make a native BB10 app, and I am quite content with what we have available.

When I support a Dev with my $ it is because they made a BlackBerry app (not some Android crap).

CDN BB
    01-14-14 03:26 AM