I was wondering if there are users here who use financial apps on their Q10 to view charts and if the square screen isn't to small for those operations.
    Specifically I was interested in how well apps like Netdania work on the Q10 and if anybody cares to post a screenshot of one of the charts and commodity, forex or stock tabs, and the Feedly news reader if possible.
    I'm an avid user of Feedly and also wanted to know if the Q10 is suitable for newsreaders.
    My mobile digital assistant is mostly used to message, mail, read news feeds, view charts and do transactions while on the road.
    Currently I'm using a Z30 but I think it is a little to large for me and the device seems to be more prone to falls and less durable due to the huge screen compared to the Q10, I also miss the removable battery and physical keyboard.
    The Z10 I have also used but the battery life was completely unacceptable for me.
    I added some screenshots as an example.
    Attached Thumbnails Apps on the Q10 square screen?-img_20141216_181519.png   Apps on the Q10 square screen?-img_20141216_181836.png   Apps on the Q10 square screen?-img_20141216_181418.png  
    Last edited by Fractional Reserver; 12-16-14 at 11:57 AM.
    12-16-14 11:22 AM
    Have "Stocks, built for BB." Works well for me. But images are square and in the 3x3 mode. It is a good app, worth the price, but your images are very detailed. Below is info for "Stocks."

Stocks for BlackBerry 10

*Real Time Supported Exchanges can be viewed here: https://sites.google.com/site/stocksbb10/exchanges DESCRIPTION: Track your favorite Stocks and monitor your Portfolio in Real Time* and After Hours**. There are over 40+ different worldwide exchanges/indexes supported for current stock price data as well as stock charts. You can view Stock/Portfolio information in full screen mode or in Active Frame mode. Stock prices can automatically update in both views (turn on/off from settings menu, swipe down from the top of the phone). From the stock search screen easily find favorite stocks and save them to your favorite list or add them to your Portfolio. You can also retrieve the latest news for a particular stock and share stock information with your BBM™ friends. This featured packed stock application will not disappoint! FEATURES INCLUDE: ✔ Real Time and After Hours Stock Prices!* ✔ Portfolio tracking with Cost, Profit/Loss, Day Change, Current Value ✔ Options Pricing (US Exchanges) ✔ Custom Favorites/Portfolio List Sorting or Sort by Name, Gain, Price ✔ Swipe down from top of screen to access settings menu ✔ Optimized Activate Frame view: Favorite List of Stock Symbols ✔ Optimized Activate Frame view: Portfolio with Day Chg , Stock Price & Profit/Loss ✔ Access different active frame views by minimizing the app when in the Favorites List or Portfolio View ✔ Auto Refresh while Application is in Active Frame Mode – Will only refresh when frame comes into view & refresh time has surpassed last update time, + other settings to preserve battery life. App will not refresh prices when the screen is off. To update prices swipe away from the active frames screen (Go to your hub or apps screen) and come back to the active frame screen. ✔ Latest Stock News with new Reader Mode and in App Articles ✔ Intraday & Volume Charts + Full Screen ✔ Go social by sharing your favorite Stocks via BBM™! ✔ Create a scrollable watch list with symbols ✔ Refresh stock prices with a click of a button. NOW included the ability to tap on the Favorites or Portfolio tab to Refresh Prices ✔ Search by Stock Symbol or Company Name. (“GE” or “General Electric”) ✔ Search results are displayed as you type! ✔ Track currencies from Google Finance against any desired currency ✔ Track metals from Yahoo Finance example: "XAU=X" against many currencies ✔ Add Stocks directly from the search results to your Favorites list or Portfolio ✔ Up to 10 years of price history information for almost any stock ✔ Detailed Stock Information includes: Market Cap, % Change, Price, Change, After hours price, After Hours last trade time, After hours change and % change, Div/Yield, Open, Volume, Avg Volume, Day Low, Day High, 52 Week Low, 52 Week High, EPS (Earnings Per Share), P/E Ratio, Beta, Institutional owned and Shares outstanding. + Other key statistics
    12-16-14 02:08 PM
    I'll comment on Feedly. It's the main app I use on my Q10 to read my RSS feeds. It works great. I have it on night mode to take advantage of the OLED screen. Here are some screenshots:

Apps on the Q10 square screen?-img_20141216_153729.png

Apps on the Q10 square screen?-img_20141216_153741.png

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1154 | Bell | via CB10
    12-16-14 02:42 PM
    Have "Stocks, built for BB." Works well for me. But images are square and in the 3x3 mode. It is a good app, worth the price, but your images are very detailed. Below is info for "Stocks."
    Thank you for your help, I will take a look at Stocks for BlackBerry to see if the app supports detailed chart viewing and editing.

I'll comment on Feedly. It's the main app I use on my Q10 to read my RSS feeds. It works great. I have it on night mode to take advantage of the OLED screen. Here are some screenshots:
    Awesome I appreciate the screenshots thanks, it is one of my main apps too. I had it on dark theme also but switched it back to the light theme since the Z30 has an amazing battery life and I am still in doubt which theme my eyes prefer most.
    It looks good on the Q10 and shows more information then I had expected, could you post a screenshot of an opened article?
    And I wanted to ask if any of you tried and like the Ebay app and if one of you could try the Netdania app and post one screenshot of the forex, stock or commodity tab and one of a chart of any random instrument, the app doesnt require any special permissions.

Again thank you very much for the effort of replying and providng information, I am really considering switching my Z30 for a Q10 depending on how the Feedly and Netdania app work on the square screen.
    12-16-14 03:21 PM
    Screenshots!

Feedly article:
    Apps on the Q10 square screen?-img_20141216_194627.png
    Apps on the Q10 square screen?-img_20141216_194652.png

Netdania:
    Apps on the Q10 square screen?-img_20141216_193951.png
    Apps on the Q10 square screen?-img_20141216_194400.png
    Apps on the Q10 square screen?-img_20141216_194417.png
    Apps on the Q10 square screen?-img_20141216_194422.png
    Apps on the Q10 square screen?-img_20141216_194729.png

I think it fits the Q screen brilliantly. And thanks for the heads up it looks like a great app.

I've used the Android eBay app on my Z10 without issue (even the notifications work). I haven't been doing much eBaying lately so the browser works fine for my needs. But I see no reason why it wouldn't fit the Q10 screen.

I loved my Z10 but now on the Q10 with 10.3.1 and all its keyboard shortcuts I'm even more in love with the Q.

Last edited by laketrout73; 12-16-14 at 08:48 PM.
    12-16-14 06:55 PM
    One more, double clicking on a chart opens the chart full page. Much easier to see:

Apps on the Q10 square screen?-img_20141216_200308.png

12-16-14 07:04 PM
    Feedly works well on Q10 as well as Flipboard and Pocket.

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-16-14 07:15 PM
    I think it fits the Q screen brilliantly. And thanks for the heads up it looks like a great app.

I've used the Android eBay app on my Z10 without issue (even the notifications work). I haven't been doing much eBaying lately so the browser works fine for my needs. But I see no reason why it wouldn't fit the Q10 screen.

I loved my Z10 but now on the Q10 with 10.3.1 and all its keyboard shortcuts I'm even more in love with the Q.
    Indeed it does, it looks amazing and very workable, I gladly sacrifice some screen real estate with the Q10 knowing that my apps work well on the square screen too.
    You're welcome fellow BlackBerry user it's gold, for closely monitoring commodities, forex, major indices and their charts Netdania is the best bar none.
    For specific stocks I prefer the Investing.com android app but you have to live with the absurd permissions it requieres.
    The Z10 is a beautiful device especially for low power users, it has the perfect size for me as does the Q10.
    It's a shame the Z10 battery is so weak, I had to carry around 3 spare batteries just to make it through a 12 hour day which is not acceptable to me.
    I really appreciate that you took the time to try the app at request, you'll see me toting a Q10 soon!

Greetings from the sinking economic and monetary union.
    Last edited by Fractional Reserver; 12-17-14 at 06:25 AM.
    laketrout73 likes this.
    12-16-14 09:36 PM