Anyone know how apps will work on the Q10? The screen dimensions are going to be all wonky I fear. Is everything going to be surrounded in black bars?
    04-01-13 08:11 PM
    Anyone know how apps will work on the Q10? The screen dimensions are going to be all wonky I fear. Is everything going to be surrounded in black bars?
    I think we need to wait and see, though I have concerns about the app experience as well. The screen is a completely different aspect ratio to just about everything else out there. Developers *can* re-layout their app for that screen, the question will be whether or not they will. My biggest concern with Q10 is that it will get a subset of BlackBerry 10 apps, which are already a subset of iOS and Android.
    04-03-13 10:24 AM
    My biggest question is whether or not android ports work. How do android apps even work. They must be stretched to fit since theres 500 different sized android screens out there right? But there's nothing even remotely close to the q10

Regarding native apps. The only native apps available are all the best apps with developers who always put the effort in. Might not be on launch day but you can expect them all too make the modifications needed.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 09:23 PM
    Certain Android apps work flawlessly. I haven't tried Webworks apps yet though will at some point. Didn't even bother with apps done with the NDK as I pretty much dismissed those apps to work out of the box anyways.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 10:52 PM
    You will see black bars on YouTube videos for instance yes

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 10:53 PM
    Black bars will always be present in videos on devices that don't favor 16:9 ratio.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 06:05 PM
    Certain Android apps work flawlessly. I haven't tried Webworks apps yet though will at some point. Didn't even bother with apps done with the NDK as I pretty much dismissed those apps to work out of the box anyways.

Posted via CB10
    Which ones have you tried? I'd be interested in Instagram, flipboard, pinterest, Kindle, navigator. Damn when I think about it I'm completely reliant on that android runtime lol

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 07:46 PM