I just noticed that the appointments I have in my Q10 (OS 10.1.0.273) aren't syncing with Outlook 2010 on my computer. I suppose the same might be true with my contacts. Appointments made on Outlook will sync to my Q10. I can delete appointments on my Q10 that carried over from my 9780 and those are also deleted on Outlook. However, if I make an appointment on the Q10 (which is how I make most of my appointments) it will not appear in Outlook. Does anybody have any ideas as to why? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by rdlg363; 08-15-13 at 01:13 AM.
    08-14-13 11:48 PM
    I just noticed that the appointments I have in my Q10 (OS 10.1.0273) aren't syncing with Outlook 2010 on my computer. I suppose the same might be true with my contacts. Appointments made on Outlook will sync to my Q10. I can delete appointments on my Q10 that carried over from my 9780 and those are also deleted on Outlook. However, if I make an appointment on the Q10 (which is how I make most of my appointments) it will not appear in Outlook. Does anybody have any ideas as to why? Thanks in advance for any help.
    This is a complex issue!
    First off to you have you sync setting set to bblink?
    Are your settings configured in bblink properly and set device as main device.
    Wehn you open you your calendar make sure you don't have any particular calendar un checked to show.
    Are using the latest version of BlackBerry link?

Posted in CB forums and on Bbos leak 10.2.1047
    08-15-13 01:05 AM
    This is a complex issue!
    First off to you have you sync setting set to bblink?
    Are your settings configured in bblink properly and set device as main device.
    Wehn you open you your calendar make sure you don't have any particular calendar un checked to show.
    Are using the latest version of BlackBerry link?

Posted in CB forums and on Bbos leak 10.2.1047
    Thanks for checking in.
    - In System Settings, I have Blackberry Link switched on.
    - In Blackberry Link, I do have it set so that my device data is the main data.
    - I downloaded Blackberry Link less than a week ago so I'm guessing it's the latest version.
    - I am not sure what you mean by not having any particular calendar unchecked.

Yeah, this problem's got me rather worried...
    08-15-13 01:20 AM
    Are you doing a corded sync or a wireless sync via Exchange Active Sync and/or BES? Are you sure the calendar on your device is the one set to sync with Outlook? I use Exchange, but the device also has a default home calendar that isn't linked to my Exchange account. Starting last week I realized that the default calendar was changed to the local calendar from my Exchange calendar, thus my appointments wouldn't sync with Outlook unless I changed them at initial entry. I've since change the default back to my Exchange account.
    rdlg363 likes this.
    08-15-13 02:11 AM
    I have been using a cable connection to sync with my computer. Entries made in Outlook sync into the calendar on my device but entries made on the device's calendar don't sync to Outlook. So there is more than one calendar?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 02:50 AM
    I have been using a cable connection to sync with my computer. Entries made in Outlook sync into the calendar on my device but entries made on the device's calendar don't sync to Outlook. So there is more than one calendar?

Posted via CB10
    Do you have it set for a one-way sync or does it sync both ways?
    08-15-13 09:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    If you open up the calendar on your device and swipe down you'll find the options help - refresh - manage - settings. Choose Manage. This will show you all the available calendars on your device + the colors associated with those calenders. Check the color of your BBLink calendar against the appointments you created. If they are a different color they weren't set up to sync with link, but they were added to your on device calendar.

When you add a new appointment the first option is a drop down menu where you can choose which calendar to use. Before saving your new added item, make sure it IS set to your BB Link calendar
    08-15-13 09:58 AM
    If you open up the calendar on your device and swipe down you'll find the options help - refresh - manage - settings. Choose Manage. This will show you all the available calendars on your device + the colors associated with those calenders. Check the color of your BBLink calendar against the appointments you created. If they are a different color they weren't set up to sync with link, but they were added to your on device calendar.

When you add a new appointment the first option is a drop down menu where you can choose which calendar to use. Before saving your new added item, make sure it IS set to your BB Link calendar
    How awesome you are for explaining the problem and for the good instructions. I think this is what Denny_Crane was talking about too. I had no idea about multiple calendars. Now I'm able to get it to sync perfectly. This is just what I needed. Thanks so much for your help!!!
    VeniceBB likes this.
    08-15-13 11:07 AM
    How awesome you are for explaining the problem and for the good instructions. I think this is what Denny_Crane was talking about too. I had no idea about multiple calendars. Now I'm able to get it to sync perfectly. This is just what I needed. Thanks so much for your help!!!
    You're welcome I take it this fixed the issue for you? One more tip; if you go to the regular settings menu - accounts you have the button with the 3 stacked boxes, the middle one is checked of. Hit that button and you can set up your defaults. Set BBLink as your default calendar and your future calendar items will by default be saved as an item on the BB Link calendar. Never hurts to still check them before saving, but should save you just one more step in the future.
    rdlg363 and DolemiteDONS like this.
    08-15-13 11:18 AM
    You're welcome I take it this fixed the issue for you? One more tip; if you go to the regular settings menu - accounts you have the button with the 3 stacked boxes, the middle one is checked of. Hit that button and you can set up your defaults. Set BBLink as your default calendar and your future calendar items will by default be saved as an item on the BB Link calendar. Never hurts to still check them before saving, but should save you just one more step in the future.
    This is great. Yes you certainly fixed this issue for me. And I am glad to have my defaults set correctly now. I've been a BB user for many years but but my defaults have always been fine so I'm glad to learn this now. You've been great. Thank you so much.
    VeniceBB likes this.
    08-15-13 12:41 PM
    I haven't been able to figure out how to change the default on the Q10, for the calendar items to default to exchange. Can you tell me how you accommplished this?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by mkrauss; 08-16-13 at 12:44 PM. Reason: typos
    08-16-13 12:43 PM
    I haven't been able to figure out how to change the default on the Q10, for the calendar items to default to exchange. Can you tell me how you accommplished this?
    Thanks.
    Yeah, it's in kind of a weird spot. From your home screen, swipe down from top and select Settings > Accounts > then select the 3 dots in the bottom right and then 'Set defaults'.
    08-16-13 01:17 PM
    Or use the button with the 3 stacked boxes, middle one checked of, as explained in my previous post in this thread
    Mygri likes this.
    08-16-13 01:47 PM
    Worked for me too! Thanks a lot. There seems to be a lot of confusing complexity about all this BB 10 software that should be better managed by the prompts in the system. It is true that it show what calendar you are using by color code but how would you know that you have multiple ones even after closing all the calendars associated with accounts except the link one? Yet updating the Link software seems to shift the default to a mysterious device-home calendar you did not even know you had!
    03-16-14 08:29 AM
    Thanks VeniceBB for your very enlightening information on calendar syncing.

I now understand why I have only been able to sync my Q10 to one computer. I'm using the Q10 as the primary source, with 1-way sync to two computers. It successfully does so for my Dell laptop (W7, Outlook 2010), and this was the first machine I connected to. The second device, a Dell desktop (W8.1, Outlook 2010) I believe(?) is syncing but I can't access the calendar in Outlook. There a two BBLink entries in the the Q10 (Settings > Accounts), one for each computer.

Can some kind person advise me how to setup/ access the synced calendar in the W8.1 machine - I'm running out of ideas.
    03-04-15 09:15 AM
    That solved it for me, too. Thank you.
    07-19-15 10:25 AM

YOUR THE MAN! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

11-17-15 11:18 AM