I have been an Apple iPhone user from Day 1 and feel I need a change. I have used many BBs in the past (>8 yrs ago) and always was a fan of the physical keyboard. Since I have a MacBook Air and I use iCloud:

1) What is the best way to get my contacts onto the BB Q10?
    2) Will I be able to get iCloud email on the BB?

I am awaiting the Q20 but got impatient so the Q10 will hold me over. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Devin
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-06-14 06:23 PM
    Yes, you can get icloud emails and contacts to your BlackBerry device. All you have to do is to setup your email account and activate synchronization options for getting your contacts.

TAN OKAN Q10
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-06-14 06:31 PM
    And welcome to Crackberry!

TAN OKAN Q10
    spike12 likes this.
    10-06-14 06:34 PM
    Welcome to BlackBerry

Sent from my Q10
    devin_hyland likes this.
    10-06-14 06:44 PM
    Thanks for the info. BB Q10 should arrive Thursday. Really looking forward to the Classic. Do you recommend any other sections of the CB forums for assistance such as this so I don't waste people's time?
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-06-14 06:49 PM
    Just ask and ye shall receive. Sometimes a question answered. Sometimes a link. I found this forum a plethora of good info. I was brand new to anything BlackBerry in January. Learned a bunch here.

Posted via CB10
    devin_hyland likes this.
    10-06-14 06:57 PM
    There are various sections on the website where you can get help on issues related to your device model, BBM, operating system and many more. There's also a shopping section for buying accessories. I'm pretty sure that you will get immediate assistance from the forum members at any time.

TAN OKAN Q10
    10-06-14 06:58 PM
    I used samsung Note 2. It was a very huge phone lol. You will definitely have to get use to a smaller screen and use to keyboard but it is a neat phone. I have been enjoying my phone. You will love it.

Posted via CB10
    donemt and devin_hyland like this.
    10-07-14 04:17 AM
    Oh and everyone is so helpful here. And everyone seems to answer your questions right away. I was an android user and had questions about BlackBerry and they were on it here. Got mine today and love it. Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    donemt, Chrisy and devin_hyland like this.
    10-07-14 04:21 AM
    One more question. Is it recommended I just save my contacts to the iPhone SIM assuming the Micro-SIM will fit in the Q10? All of my Contacts are stored on my MacBook Air and iCloud. Data transfer on BB website states if they are stored online, the data transfer program will not work. Or hard-wire the Q10 to my laptop? That's 2 questions, sorry.
    10-07-14 03:38 PM
    Why did you switch from Samsung to BB? Just curious.
    10-07-14 03:38 PM
    You can download an app to both phones called Device Switch. It will help with migrating anything that is not done through the synchronization route. So if you can add contact synchronization to your iCloud email then you are good to go. If not you can transfer your contacts through the Device Switch app. I would be careful about doing both because you might get duplicate contacts that way. If there is an option to sync contacts when going through the iCloud mail setup then give it some time to sync first before trying the app. Welcome to the new BlackBerry and a big welcome to the CrackBerry Forums. Have fun.
    10-07-14 04:22 PM
    get the software called "mobiletrans" made by wondershare... you can transfer absolute everything for contacts, sms, videos, pictures, etc
    10-07-14 04:30 PM
    I switched because there was just too much going on. It's a big phone it was nice but for me I didn't need all that extra stuff. I never even used the S-pen. It had nice features but it got old after awhile and I found it distracting. Constant updates, battery life, played a factor too. But from an iPhone it will be a transition but a good one. This is definitely a business phone. Very clear calls and great with email and text. Get ready to click away and enjoy! The hub is my favorite.

Posted via CB10
    devin_hyland, spike12 and donemt like this.
    10-07-14 04:30 PM
    One more question. Is it recommended I just save my contacts to the iPhone SIM assuming the Micro-SIM will fit in the Q10? All of my Contacts are stored on my MacBook Air and iCloud. Data transfer on BB website states if they are stored online, the data transfer program will not work. Or hard-wire the Q10 to my laptop? That's 2 questions, sorry.
    When I switched from iphone to BlackBerry last year I initially downloaded the "device switch" app on both phones and it transfers contacts pics etc over for you, very simple and convenient..

You could also use your sim but I find sim setup ugly (puts numbers like 4544444535 instead of (518) 485-7283) plus sim will not carry over contact pictures, addresses, email etc

I found a tutorial on Crackberry somewhere telling you step by step how to set up your iCloud account as I do remember I had to set it up manually. But I did have my iCloud email, calender, contacts all synced fine.

I have since then migrated away from iCloud completely though as BlackBerry syncs calender and contacts with macs already and BlackBerry blend is coming out which improves on everything else I was depending on iCloud for.

So either, device switch, have BlackBerry Link sync contacts from your mac, or setup up iCloud in your phone.. all 3 methods should work

*Z30 STA100-5 10.2.1.2977/3247*
    devin_hyland likes this.
    10-07-14 05:37 PM
    Oh and if you don't plan to use your iPhone anymore you might want to deactivate imessage from pairing with your cell phone number and change it to email.. people have issues after leaving apple that they won't get messages from friends who still have iPhone

Also this is BlackBerry walk-through to get it all set up http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/...-icloud-email/

*Z30 STA100-5 10.2.1.2977/3247*
    Last edited by midnightdoom; 10-07-14 at 05:55 PM.
    southlander likes this.
    10-07-14 05:44 PM
    I probably did it bass ackwards, fear of doubling up Contacts. I used Device Switch first and transferred Calendar/Contacts = good times. Then I entered my iCloud email account on the Q10 and chose not to sync Calendar/Contacts. I would imagine now my Contacts won't edit on the Q10 if I edit them on my Mac (push), correct?
    10-08-14 09:42 PM
    I probably did it bass ackwards, fear of doubling up Contacts. I used Device Switch first and transferred Calendar/Contacts = good times. Then I entered my iCloud email account on the Q10 and chose not to sync Calendar/Contacts. I would imagine now my Contacts won't edit on the Q10 if I edit them on my Mac (push), correct?
    That's correct.

TAN OKAN Q10
    10-08-14 09:46 PM
    When I first started up the Q10, I added my iCloud acct, it created email and didn't sync calendar or contacts. Stated something about a server error. Do you recommending wiping it clean and starting over? By the way, how do I update the OS? I have 10.1 and I thought 10.2 was available.
    10-08-14 09:50 PM
    When I first started up the Q10, I added my iCloud acct, it created email and didn't sync calendar or contacts. Stated something about a server error. Do you recommending wiping it clean and starting over? By the way, how do I update the OS? I have 10.1 and I thought 10.2 was available.
    That's how I synchronize my BlackBerry Q10 and iPad, but it's up to you. You can find software updates under system settings.
    Apple iPhone user switching to BB...need asst with contacts/iCloud email-img_20141009_055602.png

TAN OKAN Q10
    10-08-14 09:56 PM
    Thanks. It says I am up to date: Software Release 10.1.0.2006
    10-08-14 09:58 PM
    You're welcome! It seems like you have a really old version. I assume that most of us are using 10.2.1. What's your operator? Which country?

TAN OKAN Q10
    10-08-14 10:06 PM
    Thanks. It says I am up to date: Software Release 10.1.0.2006
    Oh man, you need to update this ASAP lol

Posted via CB10
    devin_hyland likes this.
    10-08-14 10:30 PM
    AT&T in the US. I finally connected and used Blackberry Link. For some reason, OTA was not letting me update OS but via USB, it is stating a software update is available.
    10-09-14 05:23 AM