My first post, so I hope someone can help:

I sideloaded Google maps after many hours of trying different methods. Now the problem I have is that the voice directions can barely be heard when the car is quiet with windows up and no one else in the car. Is there an app to increase SPEAKER volume?

I have the general phone and media volume, both set to max. The volume on the BLACKBERRY Maps program is super (but BB Maps does not offer some of the features I want) so I don't think the phone has a speaker volume problem. Either different apps generate different volumes or this is a quirk of sideloading this app?

Any help would be appreciated.

Larry
    07-05-13 11:55 AM
    My first post, so I hope someone can help:

I sideloaded Google maps after many hours of trying different methods. Now the problem I have is that the voice directions can barely be heard when the car is quiet with windows up and no one else in the car. Is there an app to increase SPEAKER volume?

I have the general phone and media volume, both set to max. The volume on the BLACKBERRY Maps program is super (but BB Maps does not offer some of the features I want) so I don't think the phone has a speaker volume problem. Either different apps generate different volumes or this is a quirk of sideloading this app?

Any help would be appreciated.

Larry
    Hi and welcome to the CrackBerry forums!!!
    As far as an app to make the sound louder, I doubt there is one. Unfortunately!
    No if other apps work well, it has got to be the app. Google Maps is a sideloaded app so that may be one of the pitfalls. Maybe someone else who uses the app can tell you a trick or two.

Have you search the app thread or the sideload thread? There may be information for you there about this app.
    Good Luck, Im sure someone will give you some advice soon. You might want to juts use BB Maps in the meantime??
    07-05-13 04:44 PM
    Thanks. I didn't know there was a sideload forum. I will check that out!
    07-05-13 05:06 PM