I had the unfortunate opportunity to update my Q10 yesterday to 10. 3.1, and it's turned a fantastic communication tool into an ordinary phone at most. I cannot understand why BlackBerry have put an update out with so many problems, considering the troubles they have recently been through. I would like to know when they are going to speak to their customers, US and apologise for the issues we are encountering, and give a time scale to resolve them. The main issue is the ring tone and notification volume and it appears to be affecting all models. If this is not rectified soon. I feel you will lose customers. Come on BlackBerry help your customers.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 03:03 PM
    I had the unfortunate opportunity to update my Q10 yesterday to 10. 3.1, and it's turned a fantastic communication tool into an ordinary phone at most. I cannot understand why BlackBerry have put an update out with so many problems, considering the troubles they have recently been through. I would like to know when they are going to speak to their customers, US and apologise for the issues we are encountering, and give a time scale to resolve them. The main issue is the ring tone and notification volume and it appears to be affecting all models. If this is not rectified soon. I feel you will lose customers. Come on BlackBerry help your customers.

Posted via CB10
    i don't have 1 single issue with z10-4 verizon
    it might be hardware incompatibility with q10
    02-21-15 03:09 PM
    The main issue is the ring tone and notification volume and it appears to be affecting all models. If this is not rectified soon. I feel you will lose customers. Come on BlackBerry help your customers.
    I don't normally comment on these types of threads but... How do these two problems cause you to make this statement:

turned a fantastic communication tool into an ordinary phone at most
    All OS's have problems. My wife iPhone shuts down at random times. I have 10+ Galaxy S4's that have there unique problems. My Z30 has its issues and quirks that I wish weren't there. To me the BlackBerry Hub is what keeps me with BlackBerry. It is a pure communication device. The volume of the ringer would never make me give it up.
    02-21-15 03:16 PM
    All OS's have problems. My wife iPhone shuts down at random times. I have 10+ Galaxy S4's that have there unique problems. My Z30 has its issues and quirks that I wish weren't there. To me the BlackBerry Hub is what keeps me with BlackBerry. It is a pure communication device. The volume of the ringer would never make me give it up.
    I disagree on this point a bit. He may be using bbry just for the hub but he may be using his phone for phone calls, moreover, there are a lot less bugs in OS 10.2.1 and 10.3 to the point where in 10.3 feels "bugless". So to say all OS' have problems isn't quite right.

Moreover, I thought BlackBerry was in a position where they needed to raise the bar higher than other OS and device manufacturers... but if meeting the par is OK - then yeah they will lose users. If I want an average on par device, then I'd probably be on another platform.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    02-21-15 03:37 PM
    I just did OTA on my Passport and all notifications are now louder than ever!!!! Inn fact, I have to turn volume down!

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 03:42 PM
    I'm missing calls and messages, I'm not in a position to check my Q10 every few minutes. Luckily I don't rely on my phone for business, as this problem would cost money and customers. Is it too much to ask when the issues with this update will be addressed? Don't get me wrong I think the Q10 is a very good product but the update has reduced my faith in the phone and BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 03:44 PM
    Such a dramatic post. Can this be moved to the over reaction section?
    FCSC likes this.
    02-21-15 03:52 PM
    There are already several threads about the notification volume issue. Looks to be the main complaint with the new update.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 04:09 PM
    Just go into settings and turn up the master volume control, NOT notifications settings

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 04:15 PM
    Just go into settings and turn up the master volume control, NOT notifications settings

Posted via CB10
    Nothing helps ! if i override its the same sheise !
    02-21-15 04:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Could u please explain more
    I didn't get it

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 04:32 PM
    Here...
    Apology for update-img_20150221_143937.png

Posted via CB10
    Pir4t3 likes this.
    02-21-15 04:40 PM
    I dont'know why but a lot of general complaining at crackberry but nothing really pointing out it was a bad or worst update ? Also lots of general complains from new posters.

Is this another wave , be aware moderators to strike back.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    02-21-15 04:41 PM