I have had my Q10 for several weeks now with no issue until yesterday when the screen kept displaying " AOL account needs updated information " and requested password update. Once I put my password in it worked fine but a couple hours later it did the same thing again. I'm running on 10.1.0.4699 model# SQN 100-2. Never saw this on any of my previous BlackBerry devices
    Mack Gans likes this.
    12-26-13 03:37 AM
    I have had my Q10 for several weeks now with no issue until yesterday when the screen kept displaying " AOL account needs updated information " and requested password update. Once I put my password in it worked fine but a couple hours later it did the same thing again. I'm running on 10.1.0.4699 model# SQN 100-2. Never saw this on any of my previous BlackBerry devices
    I haven't got a Q but I did have a Z. I had the same thing happen to my accounts. If I remember correctly the issue was solved just by updating my OS. Would you consider that?
    12-26-13 05:02 AM
    I've had that on all my blackberry products- my curve, Q10 and playbook. I think AOL has high security as does BB. I'm not worried as i was able to fix them each time- playbook was a bit frustrating. If you can't get it to work, delete the AOL email then re-add. That works for me.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 11:58 PM
    Thanks, it hasn't happened since the other night but I'll try that if it does again
    12-27-13 02:00 AM
    Happening to me twice / three times a day on my Z30. Usually the first one is around 2am UK time.
    12-31-13 03:54 PM
    This has happened to me on some of my accounts, seems to stop after awhile, don't know why.

Posted on my BlackBerry Q10, because I'm so Bloody Special.
    12-31-13 03:57 PM
    Yep, been having the same issue here with my Q and Z lately. Sometimes more than once in the same day which can be very annoying. Never had this issue on my 9900 with OS7 which leads me to believe it's a quirk with OS10...dunno. I just wish it would stop...hahaha

Bob

Posted With Either My BlackBerry Q10 Or Z10 On AT&T
    12-31-13 04:55 PM
    Same here on my Q. Just started in the last week or so. Never had issues before.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 05:03 PM
    You still use aol? New year drop AOL lol cheers

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 08:05 PM
    You still use aol? New year drop AOL lol cheers

Posted via CB10
    I wasn't aware any of us asked you who we should use for our email accounts...thanks for trolling in the thread. You had so much constructive information.

Bob

BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-31-13 09:17 PM
    I wasn't aware any of us asked you who we should use for our email accounts...thanks for trolling in the thread. You had so much constructive information.

Bob

Lol sorry if I affended you those weren't my intentions but if AOL is giving you trouble try changing

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 09:19 PM
    It doesn't appear to be an AOL issue....thanks just the same.

Bob

12-31-13 09:20 PM

Bob

So anyway what made you get two BlackBerry devices? Just asking cause when I heard they were making two new devices I was like oh I want the Z10 but then I found out about the Q and then I was like like wait a minute BlackBerry = keyboard and got the Q but now I want to upgrade to the Z30 when I get the chance hopefully spprint will have it,

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 09:27 PM
    Hard to do when it's the email you have had for ...well as long as he's had an email address. So it's the only address anyone he has ever communicated with via email that he might want to hear from again has. Switching just isn't all that simple and easy for some. (He being my husband not any of the other's Edwin was poking)
    Conan69 likes this.
    01-01-14 12:11 PM

Bob

I think it may be an AOL issue. It has happened on all my phones. BlackBerry, iPhone and Android. Usually only when I boot up.
    01-01-14 12:14 PM
    You still use aol? New year drop AOL lol cheers"

Hard to do when it's the email you have had for ...well as long as he's had an email address. So it's the only address anyone he has ever communicated with via email that he might want to hear from again has. Switching just isn't all that simple and easy for some. (He being my husband not any of the other's Edwin was poking)

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 12:15 PM
    It must be an AOL problem, a friend of mine has a S4 and a IPhone 5, same issues, at first he said it was my Q10 's fault, well he has issues now, so that shut him up.

JerBru likes this.
    01-01-14 12:56 PM
    I think it may be an AOL issue. It has happened on all my phones. BlackBerry, iPhone and Android. Usually only when I boot up.
    Maybe we have more than one issue causing the same problem then. This just started in the last couple of days for us and when I started doing some research I found a thread from back in Aug that described the exact same problem (notice and all) but they were having it with Goggle and Gmail. I still haven't found an answer for it though since some of the fixes there seemed to be more Google specific, I think... Re-entering or setting the password in settings throughout the day was really getting frustrating (though worked to get mail when needed) especially given that email was the reason for having the Blackberry so I did delete the account and then re-enter it an hour or so ago. Interestingly after deleting it it didn't do the quick set up when I added it again and I had to go into "advanced" (or something like that, I forget the exact term) where you can impute the details and had to enter some server info that was missing for some reason. I didn't have to do this when I set the phone up originally in July or Aug I was able to just enter the email address and password and the phone set the rest up, I think it even prompted me for AOL calendar too which it didn't do this time (not that he uses it anyway). So I am wondering if maybe there has been a software update or something recently that changed something with how BBos works with AOL mail...just a thought since several of us seem to have developed this problem with AOL in the last few days but others have had the same problem with other mail clients in the past (our gmail account is working fine on the phone). I also came across something that said AOL was taken over by Yahoo (or something like that) and settings might change...I didn't pay close attention or read it all at the time because it seemed like this was months ago and my problem was new but maybe I will go search that out again and look closer. If anyone else comes up with info or a permanent fix (not sure if the removing and adding fix will last, we shall see) please update us. I for one want to feel like I have it resolved rather than covered with a band-aid for now... Thanks all for constructive questions, talk and info! Also sorry for my fumbling through posting here, as the label says I'm a "newbie" here and don't quite have this forum figured out. Apologies to Oofa here as well for tacking too much on to a reply to you, I got carried away and lazy, should have made separate posts, sorry.
    01-01-14 12:59 PM
    This issue is also happening to friends of mine with their Q's and Z's and they have email accounts with other email providers...so it's not specifically an AOL issue. Would lead one to think it's an OS issue since it is occurring with other email accounts too.

Bob

01-01-14 02:11 PM
    Has there been a recent OS update or anything that might explain the timing and sudden change?
    01-01-14 03:16 PM
    This is a problem with AOL from what I've been reading on line.

01-01-14 04:50 PM
    I've had my Z10 since late August, and I just started having the same problem (continually requesting password) with my AOL account within the past week; no problem with my other accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, and Microsoft).

One of the suggestions was to delete and readd the AOL account. If I delete my account off my Z10, then I'd have to relink all those contacts when I readd the account, correct?
    Last edited by rich_gear; 01-02-14 at 11:08 AM.
    01-02-14 10:57 AM
    Yeah! This issue is annoying everyone. Please, if someone find out what problem is causing this, let us know.

Posted via awesome BlackBerry Z10!
    01-02-14 11:09 AM
    Hi all been having the same problem all day today ugh ...... if anyone figures this out please share...
    01-02-14 11:15 AM
    I've had my Z10 since late August, and I just started having the same problem (continually requesting password) with my AOL account within the past week; no problem with my other accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, and Microsoft).

One of the suggestions was to delete and readd the AOL account. If I delete my account off my Z10, then I'd have to relink all those contacts when I readd the account, correct?
    (sorry thought the reply would attach to this but it didn't so it will be a repeat answer...)
    I don't think so. Either they stay in your phone contacts if they are linked and are there now or they just come back easily when you add the email account again. Not sure which but My husband didn't seem to notice a loss in contacts when we deleted and the re-added his AOL account. It even worked for a while but unfortunately he did get the notice again maybe 10-12 hrs later (maybe it was 24 I don't remember exactly) and he had to reenter his password. But re-entering the password seems to work for longer each time now than it was...so not a fix but made things a bit better anyway while we keep searching for a total fix. good luck.
    rich_gear likes this.
    01-02-14 11:53 AM
59 123