My first BlackBerry was the 8700g. Ever since then I've had Blackberry devices with full keyboard except in recent years when I've had the S3 and Moto X. Now, I am back to Blackberry, main reason is the keyboard.

Posted via Q10
    10-09-14 11:37 PM
    I do. I love the physical keyboard. The best virtual keyboard I have tried is the BlackBerry Z10. I went to Q10 for the physical keyboard.

"Blackberry is the extension of my hand" - C00182421
    I did the same thing. I had the Z10 going from the 9930 but I too missed the physical keyboard and went to my Q10 with no regrets

Sent from my Q10
    rambo47 likes this.
    10-10-14 04:41 PM
    I migrated from the iPhone to the Q10 to the Passport, and now backward to the Q5. Honestly, the traditional four-row keyboard is it for me, for as long as BlackBerry makes it.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 05:04 PM
    I migrated from the iPhone to the Q10 to the Passport, and now backward to the Q5. Honestly, the traditional four-row keyboard is it for me, for as long as BlackBerry makes it.

Posted via CB10
    So is it really difficult to adopt the 3-row keys of the Passport? That's my reason also why I'm having second thoughts about Passport. Am not sure if I can adopt to the keyboard. Waiting for the BlackBerry Classic I guess. But fornow, I'm staying on my Q10.

10-10-14 10:04 PM
    I came for the physical keyboard. I stayed for the Hub. :-)
    10-10-14 10:18 PM
    So is it really difficult to adopt the 3-row keys of the Passport? That's my reason also why I'm having second thoughts about Passport. Am not sure if I can adopt to the keyboard. Waiting for the BlackBerry Classic I guess. But fornow, I'm staying on my Q10.

No, it's not hard. For most text, typing is easy. And it's a really great feeling keyboard.

It's just the special characters and numbers that bother me. I like being able to touch type complex sentences, and I can't on the Passport because of the hybrid design. Further, I felt less in control than I do with a full keyboard. I do a lot of shift+deleting and shift highlighting, too.

But the Passport is honestly an amazing phone. The build quality, the call quality, the speakerphone, the screen, the feel, etc...it's all second to none. The iPhone 6 doesn't hold a candle to it. And every friend/person who has seen my Passport is truly jealous.

But I don't mind slumming it with the Q5. Makes me feel less reliant on fancy technology (despite how powerful BB10 is). And, again, having a four-row keyboard is more important to me than all the other stuff. I'll definitely be getting the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 12:18 AM
    It depends on how much other factors weigh in on your decision.
    Apps, screen size, camera...

I am a big fan of the PKB and the one of the biggest reasons I have had owned numerous blackberries.
    I use my phone at work a lot and run 12 hour shifts. The pkb plus battery works amazingly for me. Big q10 fan. Miss some of the great apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 12:30 AM
    I do, and that's the main reason I left android and buy Q10, but keep my iphone as well

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 03:17 AM
    Essentially yes.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 05:33 AM
    I did the same thing. I had the Z10 going from the 9930 but I too missed the physical keyboard and went to my Q10 with no regrets

Sent from my Q10
    Me too. I was waiting for the Q10 but the Z was released first, so I got it. Then I added the Q10 to my collection and spent 6 months swapping back and forth. I finally settled on the Q for the overall size/shape and for the keyboard.
    darwincruz20 likes this.
    10-11-14 06:32 PM
    Im (getting) one because of

Privacy... And the keyboard.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-13-14 06:37 AM
    I came to BlackBerry from iPhone because of physical keyboard and then fell in love with the operating system and when I saw the virtual keyboard from the z10 with flicking I immediately loved it and bought a z10 and then z30 but now I want the passport because I get the best from both sides physical keyboard with flicking

Posted via the awesome power of BlackBerry 10 on one of my lovely devices probably my beautiful beast called Z30 or my great Q10 or my lovely Z10
    10-13-14 07:17 AM
    Q10 is my first BlackBerry phone and I love it. Primarily purchased because of physical keyboard but also really like BB10. The system multitasking/responsiveness is the smoothest I've experienced across android, IOS, and windows metro.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 08:37 AM
    There is no substitute for a physical keyboard. I started off years ago with the ubiquitous Nokia phones, moving on to the Palm Tungsten W (with physical keyboard), Treo 650, Apple iPhone 2G, Palm Pixi Plus, BlackBerry Curve 8520, BlackBerry Bold 9000, BlackBerry Bold 9900, Nokia N9, Nokia Lumia 920, BlackBerry Q10.

Whilst using a fullscreen phone is ideal for media consumption, I have yet to meet anyone who uses a fullscreen phone to punch out business/critical emails & business comms. Of course, there are always exceptions to this, but from my own experience, it was very frustrating to punch out (accurately) text for business purposes.

What I've found about the Q10 is that it probably has the best hardware keyboard ever designed. The physical keyboard offers one of the best mobile tactile experiences - it has superb key travel, and the tactile click is very reassuring when writing long memos, documents, emails.

The BlackBerry 10 operating system is grossly underrated. It really is superior to the flagship Android & iOS. The use of gestures makes it very convenient & powerful as multitasking has been implemented well.

I'm sure the new Passport & upcoming Classic will have even better hardware keyboards, but the Q10 is a superb device, and if you can pick one up at a low price, go for it!

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 and clickitykeys like this.
    10-13-14 09:29 PM
    Whilst using a fullscreen phone is ideal for media consumption, I have yet to meet anyone who uses a fullscreen phone to punch out business/critical emails & business comms. Of course, there are always exceptions to this, but from my own experience, it was very frustrating to punch out (accurately) text for business purposes.
    This is true in my experience as well. As much as people say they love their full-screen phones, I've seen few, if any, going to the extent of writing long form emails on their phones.

Most of these people resort to writing one-liner emails that don't fully address the issue at hand, or typing something haphazardly with abundant typos. I don't know a single business user who trusts his or her full-screen phone enough to use it for emails as if it were just another computer, such as a laptop or desktop.
    10-13-14 10:47 PM
    Curiously that observation had not occurred to me!
    10-14-14 01:27 AM
    I have always had deep admiration for BlackBerry but was in high school when they first came out. Then as I got older and didn't hear much about them anymore. I came from samsung note2 and before that an android LG. But I have to say the Q10 is the best for communications! I love it! I just hope Sprint will continue to carry them.

Posted from my Q10
    donemt likes this.
    10-14-14 05:17 AM
    Not just because it has a physical keyboard, but it's a major component; I wanted something fast, responsive and reliable for the handful of apps I use on a regular basis, and a Q10 has beaten every other phone I've owned.

It still feels as if the hardware keyboard isn't exploited enough, but it's still excellent.
    10-14-14 05:15 PM
    The keyboard definitely lured me to the Q10. Was skeptical at first about no toolbelt but now I honestly don't know how anyone who has used a Q10 daily could fathom going back to a toolbelt device. That plus the 10.3.0.1418 OS I'm running I'm very satisfied with my Q10

Posted via CB10
    rawat_sandip likes this.
    10-14-14 08:49 PM
    After using the Note 3, iPhone 6, Nexus 5, and other flagship devices, I am currently using the Q10. I came back to BlackBerry only because of the physical keyboard. After using the 8310, 8900, and the Bold 9000 in the past, I didn't realise that I was missing the physical keyboard for so long. The Q10 immediately felt like reconnecting with my first love after a decade

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 08:42 PM
270 ... 91011