Just bought a Q10 off EBay. This will be my third time doing this. I sold the first two and stuck with my Z10, which I love and had zero problems.

I just miss the PKB and love the form factor of the 9900 and Q10. I will keep my Z10 for those days that I want to switch devices. I am nervous about the double typing issue too but purchased the extra warranty.

Crossing fingers.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    05-04-14 10:44 PM
    Just bought a Q10 off EBay. This will be my third time doing this. I sold the first two and stuck with my Z10, which I love and had zero problems.

I just miss the PKB and love the form factor of the 9900 and Q10. I will keep my Z10 for those days that I want to switch devices. I am nervous about the double typing issue too but purchased the extra warranty.

Crossing fingers.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    Why don't you just buy a brand new one from shopblackberry? They have a $100 off coupon I posted.

Posted via my Q10
    05-04-14 10:47 PM
    Why don't you just buy a brand new one from shopblackberry? They have a $100 off coupon I posted.

Posted via my Q10
    I wish I could cut and paste my Bold 9900's keyboard on to my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Johberry likes this.
    05-05-14 01:38 AM
    I'm thinking of switching from my Z10 to the Q just for the keyboard. Unfortunately, I've been loving the screen real-estate. Anyone who has done the same thing? I'd like to hear how you found the transition before I buy one.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 06:01 AM
    I did, but I am a keyboard addict. The screen change takes a little bit to get used to... but the constant perspective shifts with the virtual keyboard popping up and down. I think the Q10 is wider, even if same pixles and I like that. On the Web you are always scrolling up and down so we are all innately used to that, so to me wider is better.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 06:53 AM
    Talk about screen loss. I switched from a Note 3 to the Q10. The switch wasn't that bad. The first couple of days were weird switching from such a large screen to the Q10 but the keyboard and ease of use greatly outweighed the screen space for me. I couldn't be happier.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 07:19 AM
    I'm thinking of switching from my Z10 to the Q just for the keyboard. Unfortunately, I've been loving the screen real-estate. Anyone who has done the same thing? I'd like to hear how you found the transition before I buy one.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. I went from five months with the Z10 to seven months with an S4, to the Q10. I'm not regretting it. As areyes163 said, at first it seems a bit odd, but it hasn't been a problem for me.

It really depends on what you do with your phone. For example, if you watch a lot of YouTube videos, you'll probably just prefer a device where you can see them better in landscape mode. Personally, I usually only watch the odd clip that somebody shares on Facebook, etc. I'm not about to let that determine which device I choose. I also get occasional "home movies" of my granddaughter, which I do like to see clearly, but the Q10 lets me zoom in on her during playback anyway, so it's a pretty good experience. So video playback isn't a dealbreaker for me, but might be for you.

A lot of what I do with my phone is audio, not video: podcasts and audiobooks. The Q10 has a nice clear sound, so it's a good choice for these.

I also read Kindle books. People tend to scoff at the idea of reading books on a small screen, but these are usually people who haven't tried it. I discovered on my 9780 that I could read entire books easily, as long as I kept the font large enough to read without strain. Using the space bar to page through a book is effortless. Speed-reading research has shown that we read fastest, and with the least fatigue, if we minimize horizontal scanning with our eyes. Reading books on the Q10 allows me to take in each screenful in a single visual "gulp", and it's actually a pretty good experience.

Some Android apps work fine on the Q10; some are not so hot. I play Words With Friends with one friend. The Android app runs on the Q10, but it's not the greatest experience. But it's just one game, and we typically make two moves a day. It's not important enough to determine my choice of phone.
    05-05-14 08:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not sure if it's the same, I went from a 5s to a Q10. I'm dealing with it, so far still happy with my gains in battery life and physical keyboard. No happy with a bunch other BlackBerry things that you'll find on both.

Posted via my Q10
    05-05-14 08:36 AM
    You buy a Q10 for the keyboard but you'll notice the great battery life, fantastic call quality, the powerful speaker, the sexiness of the phone but more importantly the way BlackBerry 10 was designed.

I also have the Z10. Typing on that is much better than other virtual keyboards but it will never beat a physical keyboard.

To me BlackBerry 10 is the smarter OS.

I will always proudly have a BlackBerry no matter what I'm a former 9000, 9700 and 9800 user and I have a Playbook.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 09:12 AM
    Absolutely. For the keyboard and the shortcuts!

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 09:13 AM
    I've had my Q10 for ~4 days. I love the physical keyboard, but navigating through Web pages and forums can be difficult. I perceive the Q10 to be a very well put, advanced pager. Great for reading and writing emails and messages.

I have my Z10 as my personal phone, and is now my media console.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 11:04 AM

Posted via my Q10
    The Q10 I had purchased is only $215. Can't best the price :-).

Loving my Zed 10!!
    05-05-14 02:26 PM
    I'm definitely a keyboard person. I got my Q10 because I wanted to check out BB10. Love the new OS coming from a legacy device, but I definitely prefer the keyboard of the Bold 9900 to the Q10, hands down. The only annoying thing I find is not having the convenience of a toolbelt which is more efficient for me than the swiping gestures.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche and anon(1733) like this.
    05-05-14 05:29 PM
    I saw the title of this thread so I wanted to post!! That's from my Q10 keyboard

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 09:36 PM
    I've had my Q10 since august and never had a problem with it! But I know we are all looking for the Q devices in the near future!

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 11:01 PM
    It's up to you. If you really want a keyboard, and it will work well for you, then that's a perfectly acceptable reason to get a phone that has that feature. You do say there are other reasons for picking up a Q10, but it is of course up to you! If that one reason is good enough for you, don't worry about what we think! Did you say it was between that and the Nexus 5 (sorry, I read your post quickly)? You can always go to your carrier's kiosk or store and try them out! Both are great!

I personally am using the Q10, and my one-year anniversary of getting it is coming up! I really enjoy the keyboard - that combined with the predictive text is phenomenal. I can't speak for the Nexus, as I've never really used one, but my brother has the older version (a 4, maybe? Not sure), and he seems to like it.

Good luck, and please let us know what you decide! (PS: my Q10's keyboard prediction pretty much "typed" everything past "good luck" )!

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 11:07 PM
    I totally am, and am constantly mocked by my peers by it, haha. But I don't care � I've been through it all. I've had an iPhone since the early days, but also a BB Curve, Bold. There is nothing like typing on a physical keyboard, especially for productivity. I use my phone for work a lot too and it's not exactly professional sending emails with autocorrect typos or half-finished because your thumb accidentally grazed the "send" button. The battery life was second big factor for me to switch.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-06-14 12:18 AM
    Any problems with double typing?

Posted via CB10 with z10
    Nope!

Knock on wood...

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 07:46 AM
    Waiting for my Verizon Q10 to arrive via FedEx tomorrow and get back to being able to type easier without having to look at my keyboard as I have to now on my iPhone. Have been missing my BB and can't wait

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    05-06-14 03:52 PM
    DUHHHHH !!!!!
    05-07-14 10:11 AM
    DUHHHHH !!!!!
    So poetic.....

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    05-07-14 10:40 AM
    Don't you wish the keyboard was a bit softer though?

Posted from BlackBerry Q10 / CB10
    Use it for a year...it will get softer.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 02:49 AM
    Yessssss
    05-08-14 03:42 AM
    Yes of course. Physical keybord is much better.
    05-10-14 08:05 AM
    Me :-)
    05-10-14 08:06 AM
270 ... 56789 ...