Yeah, there are some Q10 without double type problems. I have a friend who owns one and she doesn't have this problem.

Whereas for myself, both my black and white Q10 have this double typing problem. And I have changed my keyboard 3 times to BlackBerry service center for my black one. I didn't send my white Q10 for keyboard change cos' I think there's no point since this is a recurring problem (sort of gave up on it now).

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 12:18 PM
    I wonder if the China made replacements are better or worse than OEMS you get from BlackBerry service, or if they all are indeed the same lot.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 12:22 PM
    I have been a Verizon Motorola Droid Pro user for (?3 or 4?) years and previous to that I had the Blackberry 9930.

The Droid Pro is just becoming soooooooooo slow that I am (and have been for a year or so) looking for a replacement but as noted in the other replies its almost a guarantee that I need a physical keyboard.

That why the Blackberry Q10 would be my choice (primarily since there aren't many physical keyboard options left beyond Blackberry). Although I was very curious to see the mentions about the Typo for iPhone - very interesting.

New user signed up here but I've been reading the forum for a long time trying to decide if I should make the jump from Verizon Motorola Droid Pro to the Blackberry Q10.
    05-01-14 12:43 PM
    My current Q10 is the third one I've had since the launch. The first two had to be returned due to the double typing problem and I am a quick and gentle typist. Come contract time in August I'm thinking Z30. Don't get me wrong, I love the Q10 but I'm ready to try a Z series I think.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 01:26 PM
    My current Q10 is the third one I've had since the launch. The first two had to be returned due to the double typing problem and I am a quick and gentle typist. Come contract time in August I'm thinking Z30. Don't get me wrong, I love the Q10 but I'm ready to try a Z series I think.

Posted via CB10
    Unbelievable

Posted via CB10 with z10
    05-01-14 01:35 PM
    I have been a Verizon Motorola Droid Pro user for (?3 or 4?) years and previous to that I had the Blackberry 9930.

The Droid Pro is just becoming soooooooooo slow that I am (and have been for a year or so) looking for a replacement but as noted in the other replies its almost a guarantee that I need a physical keyboard.

That why the Blackberry Q10 would be my choice (primarily since there aren't many physical keyboard options left beyond Blackberry). Although I was very curious to see the mentions about the Typo for iPhone - very interesting.

New user signed up here but I've been reading the forum for a long time trying to decide if I should make the jump from Verizon Motorola Droid Pro to the Blackberry Q10.
    I ordered mine from shopblackberry.com had it for just over a month. No issues yet, I considered buying from Amazon but I wanted to be sure I wasn't getting a refurbished q10.

Posted via my Q10
    05-01-14 01:36 PM
    If you've been reading CB for a while, you're aware of the good and bad aspects of moving from Android to BB10.

The overall screen size is about the same: 3.1" diagonal. If I'm not mistaken the Droid Pro has a 4:3 portrait screen ratio, while the Q10 is 1:1. I'm not sure how video looks on the Droid Pro--do you typically watch in landscape? The resolution of the Q10 screen is noticeably better, though. Also, the Droid Pro had poor battery life, as I recall, but the Q10's is pretty good.

I find that BB10's native screen brightness control is better than anything I've seen on Android, including specialized (and needed) apps for this purpose. I have an S4 and I've use Lux and Velis for this. They're both decent, but BB10 provides a better experience.

I don't know how the Droid Pro is to type on, with word prediction. The Q10, with BB10's word prediction, built by SwiftKey, is excellent. In addition, you can create Word Substitution shortcuts to make things even more efficient. It's what I do, and I really enjoy this aspect of the Q10. Call quality and speaker quality are very good too.

Most of us that use BB10 devices feel that the BB10 user experience is one of the most under-appreciated things in the tech world. In my opinion, it really is a pleasure to use BB10, which is one reason why my S4 is lying on my desk unused. I have nothing against Android, but I really do prefer BB10.

From reading CB, you'll know that the native app selection is very limited. A lot of Android apps work fine on the Q10, but some don't. If you want more details, you can tell us about what apps you hope to use and we can try to advise you.

Then there's the double-typing problem that some Q10 keyboards have been afflicted with. It's impossible to estimate the probability that yours will have it, but you should know about it. If you buy a device with a warranty, it will cover it.
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    05-01-14 01:37 PM
    I wonder if the typo keyboard will have the same issues......hmmmmmm

Posted via CB10 with z10
    05-01-14 01:41 PM
    for me the most important think on a smartphone is the OS, also then the notifications.
    I am using the p9982, the z30 and the q10. Also i have an iphone 5s, but the IOS has the baddest notification system from all. the iphone makes me nervous. The BB 10 or the BB 7 has the best one, better then android. BB is not a social network phone, you can use twitter, fb and instagram, but not on the same nice way like on the iphone, but you can work with the bb 10, you can organize your day and your workflow. The LED is one of the most important thinks for me, no ping pong bum bam bam sounds, no notifications on the complete screen, only LED , and i know what i rcvd, i can decide if i will check the message now or later, nothing disturbs me in a meeting or in a call.
    tliolos likes this.
    05-02-14 05:21 AM
    I am used to being the lone ranger in the world of smartphones, being a WebOS user for years. While I still firmly feel WebOS is the most productive and best true multi tasking mobile OS only BB10 gets close to being useful in such ways.

Seeing how much WebOS matured as an OS I see much the same with BB10, if BlackBerry can keep it up we will have an insanely polished and awesome OS by next year and hopefully a fleet of phones to support it.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 07:03 AM
    I used to rock the 9900, then by passed the Z10 and waited for the Q10...used the Q10 For about a year...really enjoyed it...but, when I seen and tested the Z30 at my sasktel mobility carrier...I was sold...I've done a number of power point presentations and BlackBerry Express presentations with the BlackBerry Z30...passed the Q10 to my lady, she loves it, for me, the BlackBerry Z30 just keeps getting better by the day...battery life is wicked...woo-hoo

Rocking the Z30 Regina SK Canada
    05-02-14 07:33 AM
    I left the z10 for the q10 for that exact reason.

A physical keyboard helps me use my phone the way I want to: as a communication device.

When I had my Z, the virtual keyboard would be open basically the entire time I was using the device so having a physical keyboard meant that I am not losing that much screen size.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 07:42 AM
    I left the z10 for the q10 for that exact reason.

A physical keyboard helps me use my phone the way I want to: as a communication device.

When I had my Z, the virtual keyboard would be open basically the entire time I was using the device so having a physical keyboard meant that I am not losing that much screen size.

Posted via CB10
    Any problems with double typing?

Posted via CB10 with z10
    05-02-14 07:52 AM
    I used to rock the 9900, then by passed the Z10 and waited for the Q10...used the Q10 For about a year...really enjoyed it...but, when I seen and tested the Z30 at my sasktel mobility carrier...I was sold...I've done a number of power point presentations and BlackBerry Express presentations with the BlackBerry Z30...passed the Q10 to my lady, she loves it, for me, the BlackBerry Z30 just keeps getting better by the day...battery life is wicked...woo-hoo

Rocking the Z30 Regina SK Canada
    Any double typing issues with the q10?

Posted via CB10 with z10
    05-02-14 07:53 AM
    Im Asking because I'm really feeling the need to return to the q10. Although I never had double typing issues it was more because I didn't stay with the q10 long enough to experience it. I find myself "playing more" on the z10 than I would on the q10. The idea of having the q10 just for emails and texting and another device for apps, music...etc is more appealing to me.

Posted via CB10 with z10
    05-02-14 07:57 AM
    No double-typing here. I bought my Q10 last summer.

Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2234
    05-02-14 09:06 AM
    No double-typing here. I bought my Q10 last summer.

Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2234
    +1

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 09:13 AM
    Im Asking because I'm really feeling the need to return to the q10. Although I never had double typing issues it was more because I didn't stay with the q10 long enough to experience it. I find myself "playing more" on the z10 than I would on the q10. The idea of having the q10 just for emails and texting and another device for apps, music...etc is more appealing to me.

Posted via CB10 with z10
    I have been using my Q10 for over a month - came from a 5s... I have had no double typing issue that I can tell (when it does I think it's me accidentally hitting the key twice quickly).... absolutely love the phone and will never leave again......

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tliolos; 05-02-14 at 10:03 AM.
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    05-02-14 09:36 AM
    Hello,

I'm on the fence about a Nexus 5 or a Blackberry Q10.

The expandable memory, removable battery and the physical keyboard are the only reasons why I would be getting a BBQ10.

Is only getting a BB for the physical keyboard a good enough reason to buy one? Or should I just suck it up and get a software keyboard?

Thanks
    I used my Z10 for over a year and got a Q10 not long ago, I love the physical keyboard. Before the Z10 I had a Torch 9810 and liked its keyboard.
    05-02-14 09:48 AM
    I used my Z10 for over a year and got a Q10 not long ago, I love the physical keyboard. Before the Z10 I had a Torch 9810 and liked its keyboard.
    Interesting. I love the form factor of the torch 98x0 series, but never cared for the feel of the keyboards. I felt them to be stiff, cramped, and slow to type on.

The Q10's keyboard feels gorgeous by comparison (if only it wasn't so prone to malfunction).

Blackberry is dead; long live Blackberry!
    05-03-14 10:05 PM
    The torch was a nice form factor but the inset and thin keyboard was it's issue... I hope very much for an improved BB10 version!

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 07:12 AM
    I think at the moment the q10 is the best BlackBerry. For me the BlackBerry needs to have a keyboard. Otherwise it's only a copy and a BlackBerry and his user is a original

Posted with my P'9982
    Ragbert likes this.
    05-04-14 07:41 AM
    I have a Q10 and Z30 and like both, I use the Q when out and about as I love the compact size and you can use one handed.

I had a Z10 before the Q and loved it's size. I only wish that the Z30 was the same size as the Z10 as it's a fantastic phone but just to big (for me) when out and about on the move.

Always had keyboard blackberry's and a couple of other touch phones like the Samsung note etc but hated the touch screen experience with them.

Since my experience with the Z10 I love how blackberry has implemented/improved the touchscreen experience.

I found that I could type much fast and with less typos that on a keyboard (and what a surprise that was, didn't expect it at all)

So now I could easily live with just the one phone a Z30 feature set if it was the size of the Z10.

Though am looking forward to seeing how the new classic and future blackberry phones turn out.

Post via a very smart Q10
    05-04-14 07:43 AM
    Keyboard would be right up there as probably number one reason to use the Q10 along with the 1.5 Dual-Core thingy, memory, super amoled screen, removable battery, 64GB external micro sd capability and the form factor among other........imo the only thing missing is the trackpad and that's why I miss my Bold 9900 so much, sometimes I just don't feel like touching and messing up the screen at all, the trackpad helped me to be faster in many instances but I guess it is what it is right.......Imagine the 9900 with this hardware ! wooooooweeeee...............
    zmsox likes this.
    05-04-14 07:43 AM
    Going today to Verizon and getting a Q10 for my second line. I miss the BB keyboard and great communication experience that I once enjoyed before I got the iPhone. Can't wait until the "Classic" comes out

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    tliolos likes this.
    05-04-14 08:58 AM
270 ... 45678 ...