Add me to the list of physical keyboard lovers. Dont get me wrong, BB10 is super easy to use and i love the flow of it. But i got this phone solely for the keyboard.
    Add me to the list right behind you.

It really all depends on how important the keyboard is.
    Zac_AUS likes this.
    04-26-14 05:46 PM
    Here too!

Mostly because of the keyboard.......but also looks, size, battery life, email, and I just like being different!

I have OCD when it comes to screens. I 100% hate finger prints, smudges, scratches, etc...and the Q10 has eliminated all of those for me.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Zac_AUS and donemt like this.
    04-26-14 06:52 PM
    How is the battery life with the Q10? I have been hearing mixed reactions about it. One of the reasons besides the keyboard would be the battery life compared to the nexus 5.
    04-26-14 07:06 PM
    I turned to BB10 because I lost my beloved pre3 to tile stairs. I did not know if I would like the OS and it was the only one to have front facing active task management, also it had a keyboard. I started with buying a Z10 off contract used to see if I would be able to adjust to the OS and I did, and today I just got my brand new Q10, oh keyboard how I missed you! But I still want a non alt period key! Argh!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 07:07 PM
    I have both a Z10 and a Q10. I love both and thought I'd switch back and forth between the two, but have been using the Q exclusively since I got it and have relegated th Z to backup status, primarily because I love the keyboard on the Q so much.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 07:10 PM
    I came for the keyboard, but stayed because of the OS.

And funnily enough, it's the physical keyboard that's caused me the most headaches; that double-typing issue is making me think it may be time to go Z30.
    04-26-14 07:16 PM
    I got a Z10 first, then got a Q10 because I wanted to see what the fuss was about with keyboards, since I went straight from a feature phone to the 9850. (I did the T-Mobile trade-in, 9850 + $134 for a refurb Q10.) The Q10 is my daily driver, with the Z10 for a backup. The keyboard just makes it so easy to type really long text entries.
    04-26-14 07:29 PM
    Not seeing how you guys double type on this keyboard? I have had it two weeks and none.

Can you describe the issue?

Sent from a mobile device via Tapatalk
    04-26-14 07:33 PM
    I see lots of people give you opinions. I like reading them. I came from 5s and don't know if I could go back since being on a keyboard. All my co workers say what's wrong with you. Keyboard all day long twice on Sundays.

Guess my device. "It has keys"
    04-26-14 07:34 PM
    I use the Q10 because it fits my needs as long as you have a BlackBerry you good!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 07:52 PM
    Yes I use and purchase my Q10 primarily for the keyboard.
    Real Blackberry phones don't look like iPhones period.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    04-26-14 08:06 PM
    Hello,

I'm on the fence about a Nexus 5 or a Blackberry Q10.

The expandable memory, removable battery and the physical keyboard are the only reasons why I would be getting a BBQ10.

Is only getting a BB for the physical keyboard a good enough reason to buy one? Or should I just suck it up and get a software keyboard?

Thanks
    If you care about having a physical keyboard, get a blackberry. I love having a physical keyboard; it's really important to me, so I'm still a blackberry user.
    04-26-14 08:12 PM
    I came for the keyboard, but stayed because of the OS.

And funnily enough, it's the physical keyboard that's caused me the most headaches; that double-typing issue is making me think it may be time to go Z30.
    Replace the keyboard yourself. They're cheap and there's a step by step video on YouTube.

Posted by a proud NRA supporter
    04-26-14 08:26 PM
    Not seeing how you guys double type on this keyboard? I have had it two weeks and none.

Can you describe the issue?

Sent from a mobile device via Tapatalk
    Bought my Q when they were first released and I just started having the double type issue. Bought a new keyboard and will replace it next weekend.

Posted by a proud NRA supporter
    04-26-14 08:28 PM
    Yes..for the keyboard. Wanted to get back to BlackBerry from android, and between Z and Q, easy choice. Smaller screen is fine bec I don't game or video on my device. Also don't do many apps. Just email text and calendar... and phone. Moving back to my beloved Bold 9900 I think for now though...simplicity and speed and think I'm actually faster on the keypad. Down the road I'm super interested in the Q20 whenever it arrives. That belt plus BB10 speed will be a tempting deal.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 08:30 PM
    Yep, only thing keeping me from a Z30 is the physical keyboard. It's the only thing more important to me than the big screen. Inputting passwords and usernames and other unpredictable strings. Types like buttah.
    04-26-14 08:35 PM
    Hello,

I'm on the fence about a Nexus 5 or a Blackberry Q10.

The expandable memory, removable battery and the physical keyboard are the only reasons why I would be getting a BBQ10.

Is only getting a BB for the physical keyboard a good enough reason to buy one? Or should I just suck it up and get a software keyboard?

Thanks
    Battery life and physical keyboard for me. I went from an iphone 5s. Although if battery life drops I'm going back to the 5s... as most people have said the os feels unpolished. Also the total cost of ownership will be higher because of the lack of official app support you're forced to buy third party apps to fill in the gap. For example Bemaps for google maps.

Posted via my Q10
    04-26-14 08:48 PM
    Battery life and physical keyboard for me. I went from an iphone 5s. Although if battery life drops I'm going back to the 5s... as most people have said the os feels unpolished. Also the total cost of ownership will be higher because of the lack of official app support you're forced to buy third party apps to fill in the gap. For example Bemaps for google maps.

Posted via my Q10
    that doesn't make any sense to me. when I had an android I had to buy so many apps just to get the phone working productively - this included a $15 email app and several keyboards and file managers and battery saving apps and text messaging apps. when I switched to a z10 and now a z30, I didn't need any of those. booted up, added my accounts and that was it. I was amazed that I really didn't need to go out and find other apps because all that was already integrated into the OS.
    stratax, Skidoo583 and surgeon1919 like this.
    04-26-14 09:36 PM
    I have used basically every type of smartphone OS. BB10 has been the BEST user experience for me. Whether I am having a super busy day at work or school, bored and waiting for someone, making a phone call, sending an email, etc. The Q10 has pleased me much more than any other phone. I surprisingly even like it more than the Nokia N9 I had (oh, how I miss that phone).

With all that said, no. I am not using the Q10 just for its keyboard. The keyboard is merely a plus for me (a big one). Also, the form factor of the Q10 is great, as it is fully functional with one hand. I was interested in the Z10 at the time, but the Q10 looked much higher quality. I do enjoy full touch screen though. I miss using Swype every now and then, because of the one-handed use. Depending on the next line of BB10 phones, I might get a full touch one. BB10 feels like a very polished OS to me. And it still has a LOT more upgrades to come. Android is for people who think bigger is better. lol. I think BB10 is for people who think more practically.
    anon(19759) and Lefty724 like this.
    04-26-14 10:07 PM
    Battery life is fantastic on the Q10 and has gotten better with each new OS update. Granted, I only play puzzle (light graphics) games and don't watch movies on it. But I can easily get 2 to 3 days on one charge if I'm careful to close apps I'm not using. In fact, I rarely even have to use my spare battery bundle anymore, and I used to bring that with me everywhere.

How is the battery life with the Q10? I have been hearing mixed reactions about it. One of the reasons besides the keyboard would be the battery life compared to the nexus 5.
    Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2234
    04-26-14 11:44 PM
    Yes I'm a power user with text\email. Tried the z-10, Q-10, Z-30 then went back to the Q-10. Z-30 was nice having a huge display but I type more then game\social media so I'll take the keyboard over all...

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 11:53 PM
    Things people say Lol.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk
    04-27-14 12:13 AM
    I just got my Q10 and it's my first BlackBerry phone since the Tour. I mainly got it just for the keyboard as well and have been pleasantly surprised since. The OS is smooth and a powerhouse, but it dose have some hiccups that it simply shouldn't have from what I've read. As for apps you could download Android apps. However so far I haven't needed to. BlackBerry 10 has all the apps I need/want, or at least good third party apps.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 12:15 AM
    I got the Q10 because i really could not get used to the touchscreen keyboards. I've used iPhones, Android phones ( last one was a Note 3 ), and the Q10.

First and foremost, the OS is just more developed in comparison to android and ios. I had read a few things about it, but i was in my android phase at the time, and i had had multiple bad experiences with blackberry OS 7, so i thought it was all marketing and talk, but they really fixed the OS this time. After a while i couldn't get back to my Note 3, and i use the q10 on a daily basis.

Battery time is good, i can get 8-10 hours on a full charge with wi-fi and push email on, stressed use, i mean constant emailing, bbm'ing, web browsing, so yeah, i'm more than impressed. ( my experiences with the battery life of the iPhone 5 for instance were just terrible, meanwhile a lot of reviews claim the battery life of the iPhone 5 is excellent :S )

My advice, if you can get the Q10 cheap, which you can, get it now.

In about a year you will be one of the first to upgrade to the Q30, mark my words
    anon(7915689) likes this.
    04-27-14 06:13 PM
    Definitely using mine for the keyboard.

I switch off between my Z30 and Q10 every once and a while and most times i switch is because I either miss the keyboard or larger screen.

It happens.

Posted from a BB 10 Device, my weapon of choice
    04-28-14 12:13 AM
270 1234 ...