Ironically, I noticed last night that Waze no longer works on my S4. It force closes shortly after starting, even after uninstalling and reinstalling. It's probably related to the KitKat update. Anyway, I won't mind trying an older version on the Q10.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Works great on wife's Moto X with kit kat. Maybe specific to the S4?
    04-13-14 10:45 AM
    Works great on wife's Moto X with kit kat. Maybe specific to the S4?
    Could be. The S4 just hasn't been as good after the update. I think there are lots of compatibility issues that arise with these skinned versions of Android.

Sent via Tapatalk
    04-13-14 11:31 AM
    The only way I've been able to rank up and earn points is through mileage and updating gas prices. I think clicking the thumb up on other people's reports worked too, but I can't file my own reports on traffic or hazards because it doesn't fit on the screen. The app also crashes if I try to get directions from one place to another.
    ubizmo likes this.
    04-15-14 06:28 AM
    The only way I've been able to rank up and earn points is through mileage and updating gas prices. I think clicking the thumb up on other people's reports worked too, but I can't file my own reports on traffic or hazards because it doesn't fit on the screen. The app also crashes if I try to get directions from one place to another.
    Not good. Being able to file your own reports is a big part of the purpose of the app. That's what I was wondering about when I asked above about the various popups.

As for the crashing...as I commented above, I'm seeing the same thing on my S4 now, to the point where I can't really use Waze anymore. It's too bad, because I like the app.

When I had the Z10, I was satisfied with BeMapsPro and BB Maps for search and navigate, so I'm not overly concerned. Even so, it would be nice to have Waze.
    04-15-14 06:50 AM
    That's odd. I can report just fine on my q10. I'll try to grab a screenshot next time I'm using it.
    ubizmo likes this.
    04-15-14 09:54 AM
    That's odd. I can report just fine on my q10. I'll try to grab a screenshot next time I'm using it.
    That would be great. Let us know what version you're using.
    04-15-14 10:12 AM
    How so? This is what I'm left with. I can't see the submit button that I assume is below what I can see.
    (Even if I remove the back bar, I cannot see a submit button.)

Last edited by bigballofyarn; 04-15-14 at 11:45 AM.
    04-15-14 10:47 AM
    How so? This is what I'm left with. I can't see the submit button that I assume is below what I can see.
    (Even if I remove the back bar, I cannot see a submit button.)
    What happens if you press the Enter key after pressing one of those report buttons?

Here's what the rest of the popup looks like:

Anyone use Waze?-240px-trafficalertn.png

I'm just wondering if Enter will reproduce the action of pressing "Send".
    04-15-14 11:53 AM
    What happens if you press the Enter key after pressing one of those report buttons?
    It makes blank lines in the text box or it works like a tab button and moves from moderate, to heavy to standstill.

Edit:
    A fast press is what makes the blank lines.
    A holding press is where it works like a tab button.

Also, if I remove the back bar, this is the most I can see.

I tried holding down "S" for submit, but it just gave me a selection of S characters, assuming I wanted to type with one of them.
    Last edited by bigballofyarn; 04-15-14 at 12:43 PM.
    ubizmo likes this.
    04-15-14 11:56 AM
    04-17-14 04:55 PM
    Really, the only thing messed up is sending an eta after I've already started the nav. Oh, and the eta is off by four hours.
    04-17-14 04:56 PM
    It makes blank lines in the text box or it works like a tab button and moves from moderate, to heavy to standstill.

Edit:
    A fast press is what makes the blank lines.
    A holding press is where it works like a tab button.

Also, if I remove the back bar, this is the most I can see.

http://i.imgur.com/MHLGLAt.png

I tried holding down "S" for submit, but it just gave me a selection of S characters, assuming I wanted to type with one of them.
    What is that "also send report to" thing? That's what's in your way of the buttons.
    bigballofyarn likes this.
    04-17-14 05:01 PM
    What is that "also send report to" thing? That's what's in your way of the buttons.
    It's the group I'm in. Even if I remove myself from the group, the box is still there.

What version of Waze are you using?

I have release 3.7.8.0

Edit:

I restarted after removing all the groups and it looks like I can submit reports now.

Kudos to you!
    04-18-14 09:16 AM
    Weird, mine says 1.0.101.9718. Where would I find the actual version number? The apk was downloaded on March 19, so I think it's the latest.
    Attachment 264001
    04-18-14 10:17 AM
    I went to:

My Waze > View Settings > About & Notices

The one I have (3.7) just came out on February 26th.
    04-18-14 11:30 AM
    I went to:

My Waze > View Settings > About & Notices

The one I have (3.7) just came out on February 26th.
    Ah, thanks. 3.7.8
    04-18-14 12:15 PM
    Great app. It's my primary app for driving directions.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 02:58 AM
    I didn't find it on the app store, so I downloaded it from amazon. Works just fine

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 09:41 AM
    I just downloaded it with Snap. Haven't tried it yet on the road but I'll do so before the weekend is over.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    04-19-14 10:20 AM
    So now that I removed my group, I can report traffic and weather.

However I still can't pave road or report map errors. Those still fall below what's visible to me.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 11:51 AM
    So now that I removed my group, I can report traffic and weather.

However I still can't pave road or report map errors. Those still fall below what's visible to me.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure I've ever tried. I'll have to look tomorrow and report back.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    04-21-14 07:37 PM
    Not sure I've ever tried. I'll have to look tomorrow and report back.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    Great. Let me know if you notice the same thing as I. There doesn't seem to be any way around this one.
    04-23-14 05:59 AM
    Great. Let me know if you notice the same thing as I. There doesn't seem to be any way around this one.
    Just remembered to look at this. Mine scrolls on the report screen, so I can still report map issue or anything else.

On a side note, it's been acting funny lately, where I'm no longer able to send a location, start nav and still have the tracking work. The tracking shuts off as soon as I nav somewhere. Didn't do that before this week. Also can't connect to facebook any more - maybe that's due to the fb update?
    05-29-14 07:56 AM
    Used to use it. Used to work great. Now it will only successfully start if I am at home connected to that WiFi Signal. If not connected to my home WiFi it does nothing.

Apologies, for not including this up front: Z30, 100-5 series on AT&T.
    06-19-14 02:40 PM
    Used to be my only driving app until NavFree came to BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 02:59 PM
143 12345 ...