My Q10 is in for repairs, however, I be interested in hearing if the Android Chrome app works well as I use that extensively on my Android tablet.
    01-27-14 03:07 PM
    Not working for me, I tried version 4 and up and no go on 10.2.1.1925
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    01-27-14 03:48 PM
    Not working for me, I tried version 4 and up and no go on 10.2.1.1925
    Google Chrome requires some google services to be running in the background for it to function properly. They are not included in the Android Runtime. I think it's the Google Play Services that's require I'm not 100% sure. It would be cool to get Chrome to work on the Blackberry though.
    01-27-14 06:21 PM
    Google Chrome requires some google services to be running in the background for it to function properly. They are not included in the Android Runtime. I think it's the Google Play Services that's require I'm not 100% sure. It would be cool to get Chrome to work on the Blackberry though.
    I'm interested in making chrome work too in order to sync my bookmarks and open tabs from my Pc.

Posted by Z10 STL100-3 10.2.1.1925
    01-29-14 01:18 AM
    Hi. I have just upgraded to OS 10.2.1.537. Is it possible to directly install android apks onto my q10?? If so, where can I find them?? Thanks in advance.

T

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 01:24 AM
    Hi. I have just upgraded to OS 10.2.1.537. Is it possible to directly install android apks onto my q10?? If so, where can I find them?? Thanks in advance.

T

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to the CrackBerry Nation.

You can probably start over in the Android APK forum:

Android Apps (APK Files) - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Lots of help over there.
    01-29-14 01:53 PM
    does the new android runtime means chrome finally works guys?.
    01-30-14 10:06 AM
    Yeah, interested to hear anyone's experiences...

Sent from my LG-P659 using Tapatalk
    01-31-14 07:05 PM
    does the new android runtime means chrome finally works guys?.
    Not for me.

I read somewhere it needs Google services or something.

Nowhere have I read that someone has it working.

I want it bad for the sync features.

01-31-14 08:08 PM
    What about Firefox? It has synchronization settings between the desktop and the app and if I'm not mistaken it requires no Google services.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 02-01-14 at 12:41 AM.
    01-31-14 11:33 PM
    Google Play Services wasn't always around ... which has me curious which version of Chrome prior to that being implemented would actually work??

Definition of working: for clarity version 4+ will install as an APK, it will launch, yet only to immediately complain of services or something missing then auto close.

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    02-01-14 12:35 AM
    What about Firefox? It has synchronization settings between the desktop and the app and if I'm not mistaken it requires no Google services.
    They both simply crash on my device.

Firefox too.

I would be happy with either.

02-03-14 11:49 AM
    Well damn that sucks.

They both simply crash on my device.

Firefox too.

I would be happy with either.

02-03-14 11:53 AM
    Opera mini works fine and you can sincronise tabs

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 12:00 PM
    Opera mini works fine and you can sincronise tabs

Posted via CB10
    With Opera on the PC though right?

Opera on windows blows, never tried it on my Ubuntu distro

02-05-14 12:29 AM
    Yes, I finally managed to get both google chrome and firefox browsers working properly.

Firefox can be installed by by simply downloading the .apk and installing it via the in built file manager, don't use the latest version though, you need to download a v23.apk, I couldn't get any other versions to work?

Firefox isn't particularly fast though, our stock browser is much, much quicker.

Chrome was initially much more difficult to get working properly but was simple once I figured what was required.

Ultimately, I got it working by using a v31.apk file (others may work but I used this version as it was the last version to still retain double tap to zoom functionality. You need to download and install the .apk files for both "google play services" and "google login service". Once you've downloaded and installed the previously mentioned google .apk files you can then proceed to install the chrome .apk file.

Initially opening up the browser for the first time you'll notice it's a little slow and jerky but runs perfectly afterwards. If you shut down the browser completely and reopen it it works perfectly, only appears to occur when the browser is run for the very first time!

Note, I never did anything else with the google .apk's files apart from install them, I never logged in or anything. I installed them, opened them up once, terminated both of them then installed the chrome .apk.

BTW, the double tap to zoom is sweet on both chrome and firefox, much better than our stock browser, I find that tab management and double tap to zoom are the only things letting our stock browser down!
    Last edited by dava6711; 03-05-14 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Spelling
    03-05-14 04:11 AM
    I tried downloading it using Snap, but it's not responding

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 05:16 AM
    Yes, I finally managed to get both google chrome and firefox browsers working properly.

Firefox can be installed by by simply downloading the .apk and installing it via the in built file manager, don't use the latest version though, you need to download a v23.apk, I couldn't get any other versions to work?

Firefox isn't particularly fast though, our stock browser is much, much quicker.

Chrome was initially much more difficult to get working properly but was simple once I figured what was required.

Ultimately, I got it working by using a v31.apk file (others may work but I used this version as it was the last version to still retain double tap to zoom functionality. You need to download and install the .apk files for both "google play services" and "google login service". Once you've downloaded and installed the previously mentioned google .apk files you can then proceed to install the chrome .apk file.

Initially opening up the browser for the first time you'll notice it's a little slow and jerky but runs perfectly afterwards. If you shut down the browser completely and reopen it it works perfectly, only appears to occur when the browser is run for the very first time!

Note, I never did anything else with the google .apk's files apart from install them, I never logged in or anything. I installed them, opened them up once, terminated both of them then installed the chrome .apk.

BTW, the double tap to zoom is sweet on both chrome and firefox, much better than our stock browser, I find that tab management and double tap to zoom are the only things letting our stock browser down!
    Could you please post the files you used? Thanks!
    03-05-14 07:46 AM

Anyone have links to both latest Google Play services and Google login service?

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    03-05-14 08:56 AM
    The Android system browser is built into the BlackBerry android runtime and it can be accessed by installing a launcher or by installing a file manager like esfile explorer or finding and installing the system browser.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 08:26 PM
    The Android system browser is built into the BlackBerry android runtime and it can be accessed by installing a launcher or by installing a file manager like esfile explorer or finding and installing the system browser.

Posted via CB10
    I have esfileexplorer Installed. Can you provide more details please?

Where is it stored and how do I launch it?

04-14-14 04:23 PM
    I found the browser.apk file, but it won't install on to my Z10.

04-14-14 09:33 PM
    I had success sideloading the Chrome browser with Snap. The browser app when opened will not allow any action, however. Touching the screen causes a popup with the "app is not responding" with a continue (which clicked still causes no progress on screen) or Close. Repeated attempts to close and re-enter app result in same.

I searched Snap for the Google Play Services, and Google Login Services, but no apps were found. I DID find Console dev Google, but they want $25 and it's designed for Android developers.

Links anyone to Play or Login Services??

-Wandering
    04-17-14 02:56 PM
    I had success sideloading the Chrome browser with Snap. The browser app when opened will not allow any action, however. Touching the screen causes a popup with the "app is not responding" with a continue (which clicked still causes no progress on screen) or Close. Repeated attempts to close and re-enter app result in same.

I searched Snap for the Google Play Services, and Google Login Services, but no apps were found. I DID find Console dev Google, but they want $25 and it's designed for Android developers.

Links anyone to Play or Login Services??

-Wandering
    Strange. I do see Google Services listed on Snap, but didn't bother to download because as far as I remember apps do not inherently have the ability to be a framework like Google Services is. You're saying you don't see it?

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2102
    04-17-14 03:27 PM
    They are there, but they don't function via BB10

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    04-17-14 03:39 PM
45 12