I've done all kinds of reading on Crackberry about different carriers in Canada and Europe with 10.3 and various BB models including Q10s. Although so far, I've not found anyone who has loaded a 10.3.0 or 10.3.1 leak on their Q10 and used it on the ATT network. If you are there and I've missed you...apologies.

Not holding out much hope for ATT bringing it themselves and I'm all right with autoloaders. So if anyone has loaded any variant of 10.3 on their ATT Q10, I'd love to know if they are happy with the performance, what the downsides might be, and whether the ATT system features like voice mail, hot spots, data work correctly.

10.2 is fine...but I've seen 10.3 and I like its look and features...and yet what a waste if I go to all the effort to load and set up my phone and find that it and ATT don't work together.

So...anyone out there with results so far...and based on what you find, I'll add my own and we can start some data trail for ATT users?
    Last edited by jrsva2008; 04-07-15 at 02:38 PM.
    04-07-15 01:40 PM
    Very Satisfied. Wouldn't go back.

Whoops, sorry I'm with Verizon.
    04-07-15 03:49 PM
    Well, that's something with a US Q10...tho concerned ATT will be as positive.

In your case anyway...volume of notifications ok? All features work all right?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 05:15 PM
    Mine is running fine - data, MMS, hotspots, etc - all fine. I haven't got a voicemail in a while so I cannot attest to the VVM support, but I'd think it works too. Its not an AT&T branded phone though, its an unlock from Amazon - so I don't know if that will make a difference.
    jrsva2008 likes this.
    04-07-15 10:15 PM
    Yup mee totally satisfied

Posted via CB10
    jrsva2008 likes this.
    04-08-15 05:03 AM
    Excellent...can I ask which OS you are running?

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 06:18 AM
    I have 2072.... I don't really have any problems
    jrsva2008 likes this.
    04-08-15 09:22 AM
    Have been told by AT&T "that you have the latest software." Still using 10.2. That says it all! 10.3?
    04-08-15 12:03 PM
    You're right. Samesignals here with me. Though versions of 10.3.1 are out with other carriers...but I've found ATT can be disconnected at times from what works elsewhere. I had a Bold 9900 I picked up and loved but could not get the BIS reset with ATT...finally gave up and moved on to newer devices. Really like the 10.3.1 features...but not if ATT cannot mix their systems with it. So an autoload of someone else 10.3.1 would be no help in that case.
    04-08-15 02:55 PM
    At&T said it's not available from them, in so many words, had not been released from BB.
    04-08-15 05:46 PM
    Update: VVM works fine once I set it up. You'll get a prompt to enter your password after calling your voicemail normally, it will ask for the VVM password which should be the same as your default mailbox as it was in my case. I've never seen this feature in-action before, its actually useful.

Also, I am now running the latest 10.3.1 leak as shown in my sig. No issues with auto-config of data APN, MMS/SMS service center, etc. Seems to bind with the ATT default configs nicely. It even grabs the ATT loading screen and default background. I did however need a new SIM when I first got the phone, and ATT had to update my plan (same cost as before, $15 per-line family plan or whatever it is).

For anyone looking to do a software update, there are plenty of tutorials in the leak sub-forum on what to do. Its not a difficult process, but you may want to set aside an hour or two for the first time you do it. Pretty much all you do is prep for the update by doing a backup of anything you want to keep, grab the proper autoloader (or build your own), connect your phone to your computer while BB Link is closed, then run the autoloader and wait a few minutes. After the autoloader finishes, the phone will reboot and complete the installation. Once you're up and running, restore your backup and you should be good to go.

Thurask's Archive

Autoloader Guide

Note that doing a backup/restore with BBLink between versions is known to sometimes cause issues. I had a bugged notification to update my gmail password that was caused by account info carried over from the previous backup - it prompted me daily even after re-adding my gmail. To solve this particular issue there is the free "Accounts Cleaner" app that someone wrote to clean up old account data. Alternatively, you if you can avoid using BBLink to backup your stuff (like saving your pics/vids to the SD card, and saving contacts to the SIM) you can get better results with a truly fresh install if the OS. Its a bit of a hassle to get your apps and stuff set up again, but its the best way to minimize your risk for random issues that may not have been introduced by the new OS itself. I keep a list of preferred apps and bookmarks saved to my Evernote account that I use to keep track of what I need to reinstall.
    jrsva2008 likes this.
    04-11-15 09:51 PM
    Thanks and agree with you on the autoloading counsel. Its actually an easy process once one overcomes the first hesitation, and also by all means, follows the wisdom of others who have learned the good and bad lessons. Hazmat's counsel about backups and restores for example.

In my case, I am finding the 10.3.1.2078 to be an excellent OS on my ATT Q10 100-2. Gives me the features of 10.3 and seems to be running fine. Battery life good too. I use mine almost exclusively for phone/text/email and not many apps. Tough to beat this OS and the advantages of 10.3 on this great form factor of a Q10.

Thanks to those who have tried the leaks and found them stable and sure on ATT. Anyone else interested...its safe to move up to 10.3 on ATT. (Again, just do wisely and follow the counsel of others on leaks....really!).
    04-12-15 02:06 PM