I am leaning much more toward returning than keeping the Q10.

As a mobile device, it's primary advantage is as a text entry device (keyboard) but since that function is not working as promised i.e. settings not taking, no resources to figure out the issue there's no point. I might as well use this as a sign to learn to two hand type on a touch screen.

Kinda bummed. Kinda not surprised.
    05-07-13 11:16 AM
    Just curious, how long have been using the Q10? Also have you attempted to contact BlackBerry support for help in resolving your issues?

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 11:19 AM
    got it friday
    i have tried to contact bb support, no luck.
    open to suggestions for how to reach them in a way they respond.
    05-07-13 11:23 AM
    got it friday
    Well hey, that's why this community exists in the first place. We are all here to help. Why not post what issues you are having and see if any of us can help? Then if it's not something simple, reach out to BlackBerry tech support. I've had great responses and help from them in the past. Sux you're having a challenge. But give the community a shot here too.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 11:30 AM
    I've had really good success contacting them on Twitter @BlackBerryHelp. You can ask them a question and they at least in my case have responded fairly quickly. Make sure you follow them so they can send you a DM with assistance.

You may also want to check this support site and search their Knowledge Base articles.

https://www.blackberry.com/technical...de1?ft=partner

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 11:31 AM
    i already posted here about my issues and while people were friendly got no specific help (settings for word substitution turning off on it's own and not turning back on, autofill settings unable to be changed).

i'll try em via twitter and see if that gets a response.
    05-07-13 11:34 AM
    got it friday
    You need to go through your carrier support line. There will probably be an option for help with your BlackBerry device. If the person at the carrier cannot figure out your problems, they will transfer you to BlackBerry support. Once with BlackBerry support, they will give you an incident number and with that incident number, you will be able to call BlackBerry directly or email them using the incident number.
    05-07-13 11:36 AM
    oooh that is interesting, thank you robsteve. I did call my carrier. the tech support guys had never seen a Q10 nor had any training on it, they basically told me "too bad, so sorry". I will ask them to transfer me to BB support though. thank you for the tip
    05-07-13 11:45 AM
    I'm in the uk and could not find any contact numbers for bb. kinda frustrating
    05-07-13 11:48 AM
    oooh that is interesting, thank you robsteve. I did call my carrier. the tech support guys had never seen a Q10 nor had any training on it, they basically told me "too bad, so sorry". I will ask them to transfer me to BB support though. thank you for the tip
    WTH? Who is your carrier and why did they sell a phone that they can't help you with? You need to escalate to a Tech Support manager at your carrier.

Posted via CB10 v1.3 on my Zed10 10.0.10.85 on Rogers
    05-07-13 11:53 AM
    Koodo - bought the first Q10 sold at the Eaton Centre kiosk. I'll call again and ask to be transferred to BB support. I felt bad for the tech support guys, they were pleasant but they had NO tools, all he could do was google and search the blackberry site.
    05-07-13 11:56 AM
    There's a good reason many of us don't choose early adoption of new platforms. There's little out there in the way of guidance and help, and early adopters are basically test dummies for the companies pushing new products. The early adopters get to work out (and hopefully report) bugs and platform shortcomings.

Nothing wrong with being a test dummy, if you have time, money and patience.
    05-07-13 11:56 AM
    jegs2, yeah, i hear ya. i am actually usually a late adopter (hence the original plan to get an S4) but i thought BB10 would be somewhat worked out by now with the Zed. I was wrong.

And i'm serious, i wish i had my 9700 back :-(
    05-07-13 12:03 PM
    jegs2, yeah, i hear ya. i am actually usually a late adopter (hence the original plan to get an S4) but i thought BB10 would be somewhat worked out by now with the Zed. I was wrong.

And i'm serious, i wish i had my 9700 back :-(
    Well, suppose you can look at this as a positive: Interact here with other folks who also have the new platform, and report bugs and fixes for later adopters. You'll be responsible for making the device even better.
    05-07-13 12:31 PM
    I suggest the same call your carrier and ask to be transferred to the BB support. Any issue I've ever had with a BB has been handled with good results, though it usually means set aside a fair amount of time to get through the carrier if they insist on trying to work with you first.
    05-07-13 12:44 PM
    just an update: i have tweeted @BlackBerryHelp, posted on BB's Facebook page, posted on General Support Forums - BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

silence.

tomorrow am i will call the carrier and ask to be put thru to BB support.
    05-07-13 04:46 PM
    just an update: i have tweeted @BlackBerryHelp, posted on BB's Facebook page, posted on General Support Forums - BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

silence.

Katie,
    You've done the right steps. When you call Koodo's BlackBerry support, take no guff from them. Remind them they sell the Q10
    https://shop.koodomobile.com/koodo-c...kBerry-p0.html
    and they better help you or replace your Q10. Make sure you escalate all the way up to the Technical Support manager.

Tell them other Canadians are waiting for your update to be posted on CrackBerry.com :-)

Posted via CB10 v1.4.2 on my Zed10 10.0.10.85 on Rogers
    05-07-13 05:40 PM

silence.

Wouldn't hurt your case to post your phone issues on their website in addition.
    http://community.koodomobile.com/koo...odo_blackberry

05-07-13 05:46 PM
    Update: tweet response BB and FB response, both asking what version of OS10 i am running. then...

silence.

are there Q10s not running 238?
    05-08-13 03:54 PM
    Update: tweet response BB and FB response, both asking what version of OS10 i am running. then...

silence.

are there Q10s not running 238?
    Thanks for the update

You need to be patient with those twitter accounts though. I found that I had to minimize the amount of interactions I had with them by providing as much information as possible in each tweet. They may ask you for your model number next.

05-08-13 05:51 PM
    What is your issue anyway? The keyboard doesn't work?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 06:02 PM
    Mine is going back tomorrow. After an all night recharge battery shows empty after 1hr. The phone shut down five times today. Telus said it sounds like a faulty phone.....really???

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 06:08 PM
    Mine is going back tomorrow. After an all night recharge battery shows empty after 1hr. The phone shut down five times today. Telus said it sounds like a faulty phone.....really???

Posted via CB10
    Sure sounds like a defective phone and/or battery to me.

thecurryman likes this.
    05-08-13 07:11 PM
    Telus offered to replace it, so we will see.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 09:08 PM
    Telus offered to replace it, so we will see.

Posted via CB10
    do you want another one?

i just did a full security wipe on mine (based on a suggestion by another Koodo customer) and got part of the word substitution function back again. the rest is still effed and it's been dead silent from BB on all fronts. if i can't get this sorted by friday it's going back. i don't think bb + browsers are a good combo, they're communication devices not internet devices.
    05-08-13 10:31 PM