It's on the left side. Prolly not a defect and just from the design. Don't push the screen in and you won't hear it.

I can understand concern from normal use but, pressing hard on the screen isn't normal use Imo.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 08:29 PM
    It's on the left side. Prolly not a defect and just from the design. Don't push the screen in and you won't hear it.

I can understand concern from normal use but, pressing hard on the screen isn't normal use Imo.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. After reading this post I noticed it with mine too, but started thinking about it and I don't press hard enough in my general use to cause it. My main frustration, that will be elevated once I get a case, is how much the battery cover wiggles. Again, the white one I bought on Amazon didn't do it as bad as the black one.

Anyone else notice that?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 10:29 PM
    If I press down very hard on the center of my display I can hear a small squeaking. I can live with it though because I never press very hard directly in the center of my display

I still think the build quality is much better than the iPhone 5. The Q10 has stainless steel, the fantastic glass weave back, and silver metal bars on the front and rear of the device. My brother's iPhone 5 was only a month old when several scratches and dents showed up on the soft aluminum band that goes around the whole phone. There are also a few large scratches on the back of it.

Posted via CB10
    Why would you want to press down on the center of the display very hard? Trying to break it?
    06-22-13 11:52 PM
    Yeah... sadly....

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 01:50 AM
    Just picked up a Q10 yesterday. Squeaky when you push down near the charge port and when I clean the screen you can also here a slight queaky noise. I love the phone otherwise but this totally bummed me out! Just sold my z10 for this too. BTW totally loved the Z10 too.

Just to see if this was a common issue I checked out 3 retailers and of the 2 out of 3 live demo units had the same issue as well as the rogers rep's phone had the same issue as well. What gives? I've never had this issue before with anyone of my countless, HTC's, Samsungs and Lg android phones or any other blackberry i have owned.
    Last edited by ponts69; 07-21-13 at 11:08 PM.
    07-21-13 10:52 PM
    Have my Q10 here for about 4 weeks now. Space bar is definitely becoming an issue for me. It's not really sunken like some of you, but it's more slanted. In a way that when I pressed the space bar towards the right end it's fine but when I press it on the left end using my left tumb it makes a squeaking, clicking sound that I know isn't right. I'm trying to aim towards the middle portion of the space bar when I type, but it takes time to get used to. Anyone ran into the same problem?
    07-21-13 11:26 PM
    Replace phone. That is the only solution i made. I dunno if changing keypads work but i dont want to open my q10 just for that.
    07-22-13 01:44 AM
    If I press down very hard on the center of my display I can hear a small squeaking. I can live with it though because I never press very hard directly in the center of my display

Posted via CB10
    Wouldn't do this too often if I was you.....just sayin...
    07-22-13 01:51 AM
    I exchanged my black q10 for a white one after 8 days. The Speaker on the black one went out after only a week. Nothing was wrong with it besides that. All they had was white, so I took that one as the replacement. I have the same issue with my keyboard as well. If I press one side of it, it will slant that direction, then press the other side, and slants that way. Not a huge issue for me. Deffinately annoying though.

Posted by my new Q10 via CB10
    07-22-13 03:06 AM
    Anyone else with a squeaky screen? I'm just looking for some input to see if this is just normal. Otherwise loving this phone! Keyboard shortcuts are awesome!!

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 09:38 AM
    Not I

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 09:50 AM
    Same issue � slight squeak on the middle left of the screen.
    It bothers me a bit but going to ignore it.
    08-02-13 02:15 AM
    I had a very squeaky one and I ordered a new battery door and it fixed it. Just note when I ordered the new door I had nfc issues with my verizon q10.

Posted using my Q10 via CB10
    08-02-13 05:41 AM
    I thought I was the only one with this issue! I posted a thread last night about "Q10 screen makes clicking sound".

I guess it's more of a squeaky sound than a clicking sound.. but that sound first appeared near the left bottom of my screen and 2 days later it moved to top left side of screen near charge port!

It's not a big deal but sometimes when I swipe the screen near charge port it makes that squeaky sound and it's kind of getting on my nerves..

I'm not so sure if I want to get an exchange sine AT&T do charge a restocking fee... and who knows? exchanged one might even have more serious issues.
    08-02-13 05:55 AM
    bought a white q10 last night (in india) and I noticed a squeaky screen on the left side (just above the charge port) it only happens around there. It only happens when you press a bit hard (not that hard I might add), but I noticed it within the first hour.

Going to try and take it back and replace it, even though it's only minor, for �500 I expect a defect less phone.
    ryshhh likes this.
    09-08-13 08:04 AM
    bought a white q10 last night (in india) and I noticed a squeaky screen on the left side.

Going to try and take it back and replace it, even though it's only minor, for �500 I expect a defect less phone.
    Wait till you get the new one home and it does the same thing and has an added bonus like a messed up keyboard or something.

You may want to weigh your odds. You may have a better Q10 than you think.

Q10
    09-08-13 08:21 AM
    bought a white q10 last night (in india) and I noticed a squeaky screen on the left side (just above the charge port) it only happens around there. It only happens when you press a bit hard (not that hard I might add), but I noticed it within the first hour.

It's the nfc.. same on mine.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 08:22 AM
    yeah I see your point - but I just know in 12 months the screen will mess up the day after the warranty runs out.

I'll speak to the shop and see what they say.
    09-08-13 08:36 AM
    The warranty is fr 18 months in India.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 08:38 AM
    I'm having this problem along with other things too. I'm still within my 14 day return period with Tmobile. Do you think they'll let me exchange it for a different one?
    The screen squeaks in the top left quarter and the battery cover as a slight gap on the left where it doesn't quite meet the silver strip. I also spent half an hour trying to get the wifi calling to work then another 45 minutes on the phone with Tmobile customer service with them trying to get it to work unsuccessfully. And wif calling is something I absolutely need.
    Do you guys think I can exchange it with out any fees or arguing with the sales men?
    09-08-13 08:43 AM
    Oh and one other important problem is the battery!! Mine only lasts less than a day. And I'm not a heavy user.
    09-08-13 08:49 AM
    So after 2 months of this squeaky, overheating and short battery life phone I can report

The squeak has gone, it doesn't get super hot anymore (only if constantly used for 30mins+) and the battery last more than a day!

Woohoooo. If only they could fix the Gmail not working mess.

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    11-01-13 03:21 AM
    Hey all. I too had a squeaky noise when I first got the Q10. Mind you it was bought from someone who won it from a golf tournament so I can't quite make any exchanges. It happens when I press hard on the middle to top left side of the screen.

I think it is missing some glue in that area but anyways, problem has gone away but not sure if it's because I adjusted and don't press down as hard? All in all, Q10 is getting a lot more love as of late compared to my Z10. I will use the Z10 when I'm watching movies or gaming.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 06:17 AM
48 12