My wife and I have Q10 blackberries and both turn off when placed on a table or any hard surface, Also texting is funky and will not send messages and freeze up and will not allow to change recipients, and constantly restart for no reason. My Q10 screen ended up spliting from throwing it in frustration so much. I ended up needing a new phone and being in real estate wanted another blackberry with a keyboard to shoot off long and fast emails all day. My dumbass buys the same Q10 and the new one has more issues that my old one. Any crackberries out there help????? I cannot fathom 3 blackberries all pieces of crap I get because it seems most people are happy with their Q10's. I have been a blackberry fan for life but my patience is wearing thin and I cannot say the same about my wife who already has jumped ship to an iPhone. PLEASE HELP!
    04-16-15 10:05 AM
    Can't say i ever had a blackberry that would restart by placing it down. I did have a z10 that would take pictures when i did that tho.
    Get a Classic for a KB or a Passport. They are the top of the line models right now.
    04-16-15 10:36 AM
    This is most likely caused by a loose battery. Just wedge some paper behind the battery so it fits snugger.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, moyah8 and world saviour like this.
    04-16-15 11:29 AM
    What are the new issues? Loose battery is a known issue with these phones sadly. Upgrade to the classic, solves a lot of problems.
    04-16-15 12:32 PM
    Didn't happen on my previous Q but did on another...but such an easy fix...folded piece of business card or 3x5 card inside the battery door was all it took. And yes, upgrading to a Classic is another option certainly...but I prefer my Q over the Classic I tried...and 3x5 cards I have no problem!
    04-16-15 04:39 PM
    And OP...the Classic is a beautiful phone...I jut liked the smaller Q. I've read of quality control issues with the Classic...but mine was new from ATT (still had that new car smell, you know) and was beautiful. But having to choose, I went back to the Q. The Passport is gorgeous also, an odd size...and maybe someday I'll replace my Playbook with it. So I am sorry you had bad luck...Hasn't been my journey though.
    04-16-15 04:43 PM
    Yup.

I had this happen to me repeatedly when I first got the phone. Very frustrating. But I have completely solved it.

First: Some people suggest just putting a business card in between the battery and the cover. This improved it I'd say about 30% but still I had the issue occuring.

What fixed it.
    Had the business card there (had to cut it down just a bit to fit).

AND

Wedged a small piece of that business card along the opposite side of the battery from the CONTACTS. This pressed the battery firmly against the contacts and really tightened the whole thing up.

No more shut downs and it's been a couple months.

As an aside the whole phone now feels better, I didn't realize that it had a loose wobbly feel to it until I did all that wedging of the battery. Now it feels solid as a rock.
    jrsva2008 likes this.
    04-17-15 12:12 PM
    I've had the same experience with the Bold 9000 & 9790. So far I've tried cleaning the metal contacts for both phone & battery & it work like a charm. No problem with the Q10 though.

After reading this thread (as well as previous ones on OS 7), it does make one wonder whether the irreplaceable (fixed) batteries on the new models - Classic, Passport, Z30, had to do with the issue. Even the Leap is not user replaceable. Still, battery bundles are essential to some who is always on the go. Unless one decide to switch to the aftermentioned new models, I guess the tendencies for one BlackBerry devices (before Classic) will have the bump-restart-device issue.

I could be wrong, perhaps its a marketing strategy to cut cost & all. So far, to answer the OP question to the thread, my answer is no. Heheh.

Just my 2 cents

Whatever It Takes... Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.2576
    04-17-15 01:15 PM
    As far as the text messages. Delete the thread and start fresh. I had an issue after upgrading to 10.2.1. So I deleted all my text and started fresh. No problems since.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    04-17-15 02:36 PM
    Just clean the contacts on the battery. Just fixed mine. Use the tip of a small screwdriver or a knife and scuff the contacts one by one on the battery.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 07:05 PM
    This is a well documented problem with the Q10 and there are lots of CrackBerry threads on the problem. I was sceptical about the business card trick but it works, I have not suffered a random restart on my Q10 since deploying a piece of card. The objective is to push the battery closer to the contacts so make sure your card is folded over the top of the battery - making a tighter fit. I only use a strip cut from the card. If you do this correctly you'll be able to pull on the card to help remove the battery, as it will be a much tighter fit.
    Try the card - it does the business

--
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-18-15 03:22 AM
    It is a common prob. Some units r worse than others. I've had four new q10s and at some point it has happened to all of them.

Inserting even a thin piece of material makes the backside bulge. My latest q10 has done it a couple of times so I just deal with it since I've experienced way worse.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 10:22 PM
    It is a common prob. Some units r worse than others. I've had four new q10s and at some point it has happened to all of them.

Inserting even a thin piece of material makes the backside bulge. My latest q10 has done it a couple of times so I just deal with it since I've experienced way worse.

Posted via CB10
    Get some tape (i put small piece of paper between tape and battery top to make press on pins) and extra for easy pull battery from housing see picture

Anyone else have an issue with Q10 restarting every time phone is set down on hard surface or bumped?-bb_batteryfix.jpg
    CarGuy1368 likes this.
    04-19-15 03:00 AM
    The Q10 is the least reliable BlackBerry I've ever owned. My phhone, even though I have two pieces of a napkin and a business card wedged in the battery door, still reboots when I set it down haard. A premium device should not require a botch job. My screen goes black when I press firmly on the center of the screen. I'm on my fourth keyboard because of the double-typing issue (and if you haven't noticed from the two typos earlier in my post, I'm going to be on my FIFTH KEYBOARD soon!).

I love my Q10 when it works, but the build quality is so sub par. It's frustrating. I've only had this phone for two years, and I take good care of it! I've never had any issues with my Curve 8900, Torch 9800, or Bold 9900 (Well, the Bold had a trackpad that scrolled up in sunlight, but it was replaced with a flawless device under warranty).

The BB10 slider can't come soon enough. I hope they improve the quality with it.

Posted via the super unreliable BlackBerry Q10
    04-19-15 09:33 PM
    Get some tape (i put small piece of paper between tape and battery top to make press on pins) and extra for easy pull battery from housing see picture

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB_BatteryFix.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	205.2 KB 
ID:	348184
    This looks like a good idea... I'll give this a try.

Posted via the super unreliable BlackBerry Q10
    04-19-15 09:34 PM