Every phone has its quirks..devices in general..cars etc..So while I wouldn't miss the sporadic double typing issue, I'm honestly loving this 'phone' more every day..

I type 'phone', but it's so much more than that..Its a war room where we note and plan our missions..

I 'almost' feel guilty when people whip out their iphone or really any phone outside of blackberry..But then I don't try to enlighten them, because we'll it's kind of futile..

Don't get me wrong, I'm completely enthusiastic about the passport. It's what Q users asked for. Larger screen and updated specs..and I love the thought of having a better speaker too, but at this rate, if I keep becoming more enamored with my Q..hmmm. Maybe I will just use both..

Anyway, thanks for reading and my question to all You fine Q owner operators out there is: Do You feel that foxconn will produce as quality a product as blackberry did with this Q?

Posted via CB10
    daaan004, moyah8 and ElGorgon like this.
    07-13-14 01:53 AM
    I am two weeks into my Q, yes I was a late arrival. Living in Korea made getting a BlackBerry very difficult...they have the Bold but since the launch of the Q, I was holding out for it here. I finally decided to take the plunge and ordered an unlocked device from Amazon. Why I forced myself to suffer through 3 years of an iPhone is all I can ponder.

I am once again an addict! Not a day goes by without discovering another reason to love my Q10 more!

I love this Q so much I have ordered an ATT version to use when I go back to the States for business or holiday.

Posted via CB10
    paulo_mealha likes this.
    07-13-14 02:15 AM
    Welcome back, Pragmac! This is my first blackberry device, and I had no brand loyalty..until my Q.

You say You're two weeks in? Oh wow I have to tell You the more familiar one becomes with the..user experience, the greater this phone is..I actually have a bit of anxiety about upgrading..

So I may wait a while as I believe that this device is just now becoming 'broke in' and I purchased it close to release date.

Congrats on Your unlocked Q.

We have impeccable taste.

Posted via CB10
    Mike Sumner likes this.
    07-13-14 09:27 PM
    Like a fine red wine!
    moyah8 and OkieBloke like this.
    07-13-14 09:53 PM
    10.2.xxx is slick vs prior. So smooth. Noticed the screen is wider than iphone 5's in family. And learned new KB tricks: hold down space bar or double click for period; t/b for top/bot; p/n for prior/next; AND i/o for zoom in/out for quickly re-sizing web pages. Predictive text saves so much typing--great for one-thumb typing on my back!
    Last edited by daradm; 07-13-14 at 10:04 PM. Reason: minor edits
    OkieBloke likes this.
    07-13-14 10:02 PM
    The more I use it and incorporate it's features the more hooked I am and realize what I was missing. The universal search is my favorite. I really hate putting a case on it because it is such an awesomely designed phone. Blackberry truly is amazing. I hope their comeback hits hard and fast with the passport and classic!!!

Posted via CB10
    OkieBloke likes this.
    07-13-14 10:24 PM
    Yea I am still loving typing on that awesome keyboard and the user experience keeps getting better with each OS update, loving it so much I bought a white and gold Q10 to replace my old Q

Posted via CB10
    OkieBloke likes this.
    07-13-14 10:56 PM
    Having my Q10 for more than a year now, I'm still enjoying it much every day. Actually, this is not a device that I get tired of, which normally I do pretty quick. Great communicator with the awesome hub and physical keyboard.

CB10 - Q10
    OkieBloke likes this.
    07-13-14 11:27 PM
    Had mine for a year and three days now, so my warranty is apparently gone. Still no signs of double-typing. Thank God.

Will swap for the Passport, but keep the Q10 as a sidekick and a backup phone. Always good to have a device that carries all the data.

Honestly without the Passport and its huge screen, I wouldn't bother with the Classic.

But because I read a ton of PDF manuals and paperwork on the go, the Classic won't cut it... so I'd rather stick with the Q or buy the Passport.

Pasted via CB chen
    OkieBloke likes this.
    07-14-14 12:46 AM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    OkieBloke likes this.
    07-14-14 01:48 AM
    I like this device more and more, a great communicator!
    Senor Wright and OkieBloke like this.
    07-14-14 04:31 AM
    Same here. Loving it more each day. My first touchscreen phone, by the way.

Posted via CB10
    OkieBloke likes this.
    07-14-14 05:04 AM
    Had mine for a year and three days now, so my warranty is apparently gone. Still no signs of double-typing. Thank God.

Will swap for the Passport, but keep the Q10 as a sidekick and a backup phone. Always good to have a device that carries all the data.

Honestly without the Passport and its huge screen, I wouldn't bother with the Classic.

But because I read a ton of PDF manuals and paperwork on the go, the Classic won't cut it... so I'd rather stick with the Q or buy the Passport.

Pasted via CB chen
    How's looking at PDFs on the Q10?
    I receive a lot of PDFs on my Z10 and it's ok reading the entire page, just wondering how it'd be like on a Q10?
    Thx.

from an australian Z10...
    07-14-14 05:06 AM
    It's funny you asked, because I just picked up a Nexus 4 yesterday to try out Android. While I like the larger screen and snappy performance, there are features on my Q10 and BlackBerry 10 OS that just blow the doors off the Nexus - notifications, hub, one handed use, battery life, etc.

I'll try out the Nexus for a couple of days, but something tells me i'll be back using the Q10 as my daily driver again in no time!

Posted with my Q10
    OkieBloke likes this.
    07-14-14 05:18 AM
    PDF's look good but require a pinch zoom to really read.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 06:20 AM
    The hardware has always treated me well and with 10.2, the software is now up to task.

Posted via CB10
    OkieBloke likes this.
    07-14-14 06:57 AM
    The Q10 does everything I need it to and does it perfectly well. My coworkers and friends with droids and iPhones.....I do NOT envy. when something needs to be done (file retrieve, corporate email, photo, etc.), it's my Q10 and I that are asked to do it.....because we are a badass combination for sho!

Live it, love it, be it.....BB10
    OkieBloke likes this.
    07-14-14 04:00 PM
    Update: after one day of using the Nexus 4, and a battery that didn't even make it 10 hrs, I'm back to my Q10. That's all it took to realize the Q10 is the best phone I have ever used!

Posted with my Q10
    OkieBloke likes this.
    07-14-14 06:19 PM
    Yes indeed the Q10 does get better with time! A little patience when first using the OS pays off big time in the long run.

Q10SQN100-2/10.2.1.2174
    OkieBloke likes this.
    07-14-14 06:43 PM
    yes I love it more everyday! bought it the day it came out in canada and with every update it improved and obviously got better. I do experience the double typing from time to time but nothing that I cant handle. every few weeks I just give my q a few days off and use my z30 and that stops temporarily any double typing. I would do it again in a heartbeat
    OkieBloke likes this.
    07-14-14 07:15 PM
    Foxconn, no. I like removable batteries, even if I never have to replace it since it lasts for days. The doouble typing issue is absolutely killing me though. My 9900 is looking better and better every day but it's T-mo and I'm on VZW. It's either BlackBerry with keyboard or bust. If the classic or passport have this issue I will rid myself of blackberry. For real, my keyboard isnkt covered by any warranty yet it's the one thing that people buy the phone for. It's ridiculous. Hell, I may rid myself of it just because the fact that warranty doesn't cover keyboard.

Double typed without the help of AutoCorrect. Q10, 10.2.1.2174
    OkieBloke likes this.
    07-14-14 09:07 PM
    My bad, my above post should be in the "double typing issue" thread. Over look me.

jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-14-14 09:26 PM
    Aside from video consumption and photography, I'm pretty much always on my Q10.

That said, I have a Nexus 5 on my personal line, although I'm dumping that and going back to iPhone.

I'm going to get weird looks, but if the classic and passport are my only options for my biz line, I may jump ship. Unless Sprint gets a full screen BlackBerry device...

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    07-14-14 10:27 PM
    I've just picked up a used Q. Trying to get used to the kb again. Screen size is actually great. Loving the size of it. Now to update to latest OS.

Posted via CB10
    OkieBloke, Mike Sumner and riss89 like this.
    07-14-14 10:32 PM
    Foxconn, no. I like removable batteries, even if I never have to replace it since it lasts for days. The doouble typing issue is absolutely killing me though. My 9900 is looking better and better every day but it's T-mo and I'm on VZW. It's either BlackBerry with keyboard or bust. If the classic or passport have this issue I will rid myself of blackberry. For real, my keyboard isnkt covered by any warranty yet it's the one thing that people buy the phone for. It's ridiculous. Hell, I may rid myself of it just because the fact that warranty doesn't cover keyboard.

Why don't u have a warranty? Did your one year run out? Mine was covered and received new replacement and no issues since April. I use my Q10 for many hours in a day. I used to get more than a full day on one battery but now only get one full day. Way better than my 9900!

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    07-14-14 10:46 PM
61 123