Hi,
    I work as a gardener and hard landscaper. I wondered if any of you in similiar trades (building/constructiongardening etc) have a Q10 and have had any problems with the Q10s physical keyboard?

Many Thanks,
    nictu.
    12-31-14 06:25 AM
    i'am electrician ( works indoor and outdoor area)...no problem with the keyboard..but be sure use good quality hardcase and screen guard to Protect your phone

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 07:10 AM
    As a volunteer EMT I take my leather case off when I leave the office environment and put on my Seidio Convert Case to protect my Q10 from the elements. No problem otherwise

Sent from my Q10
    12-31-14 11:03 AM
    I own a pool company and all employees are given BB devices. Office people have Z30's and half the field workers have Z10's and the other half of field workers have Q10's. The Z's have never had any problems, however the Q's have been destroyed quickly. The problem I run into most is workers breaking off the keys. I'm semi-often buying new keyboards on Amazon and replacing them. However, we work in very rough conditions. Concrete cutting, burrowing underground and repairing PVC pipes, etc. So this is no fault of BB, it is definitely my workers fault just smashing them into stuff. The Z's have never had problems though, just always breaking off keys is what I personally run into. The water marks are also red on some of the Q's so maybe water gets in through the keyboards, but they still work completely fine. Again, this is user error going too hard with the phones, so take it as you will. Love these phones, they certainly can take more abuse than other brands.
    12-31-14 11:11 AM
    Q10 + Otterbox Defender = a very tough device.

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.1.1154
    donemt likes this.
    12-31-14 12:27 PM
    Thanks to everybody for the help,
    Happy New Year !
    nictu.
    donemt likes this.
    12-31-14 01:28 PM
    I am my company's VP of Operations, and I spend a lot of time in the field. I conduct equipment training for the employees, maintain our fleet of vehicles, and complete the technical work orders, such as irrigation testing and maintenance. I have a Q10 and use the Seidio Convert case. I used this brand/style of case for my Bold 9900, also. It is a great case. I do not use the belt clip, so I removed it from the outer, hard cover. It is a bit bulky, but the case serves me, and my Q10, well.

My phone has gotten moist from sprinklers and the case has done a great job. I have also dropped my phone and stepped on it, numerous times. If I remove the entire case, my phone looks brand new. Once, I left my Bold on a truck bumper, as I was replacing the steering gear box, and took a 5 mile test drive. I remembered my phone. In a panic, I retraced my route. I found by phone in the middle of an intersection. The phone was fine, though the case has character-building gouge in it. I am sure that my phone had been destroyed if it were to have been run over by another vehicle, but to survive flying off a truck bumper on a 25 MPH turn, without any serious damage is a testament to the case.
    12-31-14 03:46 PM
    [QUOTE=nictu;11215091]Thanks to everybody for the help,
    Happy New Year !
    nictu.[/QUTE]

Happy New Year

Sent from my Q10
    12-31-14 10:25 PM
    My career isn't outside, but I live on a couple of acres that I'm constantly mowing and maintaining. I'm also in the middle of a home remodel. My Q10 is by my side/in my pocket all the way...for music, emails, calls, and web browsing.

When I'm doing the hard labor, I keep her in an Otter box case that I got for $5 from AT&T. Great deal and even better case!

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 11:53 PM