Having used the Q-10 now for more than a year - I can say that I'm tired of the hub. Is there any way to put icons for the email accounts text messages etc. back on the desktop?
    In use - the hub just requires more time spent navigating the device and less just doing whatever it is you wanted. I'd like to be free of it or turn it off. Any way to do this?
    08-02-14 07:51 AM
    Attachment 288536

If you want freedom from The Hub buy a legacy BlackBerry device.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    Last edited by Heinz Katchup; 08-02-14 at 11:52 AM.
    08-02-14 07:55 AM
    No, that's a main BB10 feature, you cannot turn it off. Maybe some person like yourself dislike the hub and take more time to do something because of the way they use it, but for the vast majority, that's a clear time-saver and hassle-free to access every communication on your phone.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.700.
    scrapmetal58 and bbnrs like this.
    08-02-14 07:55 AM
    Blasphemy. The Hub is the bread and butter of BB10. Sounds like you need to go OG and pick up a Bold 9900.

CB10 Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    JMDBERRY and step07 like this.
    08-02-14 07:59 AM
    I guess you know that you can filter the messages you want to see in the hub and that solution is not good enough or doesn't do it for you... I know you can have a separate icon for text messages but that's about it... sorry about that

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 07:59 AM
    The hub, as the name implies, is what the whole thing revolves around!

Not sure what your issues are with it, but other than multiple email accounts, everything else (SMS, IM, Whatsapp, BBM, Twitter, FB, etc. etc.) can alternatively be accessed via their own icons. You can in theory hide everything from the hub, except your email accounts, and just use the icons. Also as someone point out, when you individually hide each account from the integrated part of the hub, new messages for each account show only in their respective tabs... so you can decide which accounts to view and which ones to ignore.

Attachment 288491

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 08:10 AM
    The Hub is Awesome, I just press it and it shows all my color coded mesg in one place and no need to go all over! Good one BlackBerry Q10

S.F. GIANTS/ S.F. 49'ERS ON MY BLACKBERRY Q10
    08-02-14 10:16 AM
    I don't understand why one wouldn't want the hub, but OP is not the first to ask.

Options are always good, and I think anything that safely allows the OS to be more usable/customizable by more people helps BB10 to propagate.
    08-02-14 10:29 AM
    Having used the Q-10 now for more than a year - I can say that I'm tired of the hub. Is there any way to put icons for the email accounts text messages etc. back on the desktop?
    In use - the hub just requires more time spent navigating the device and less just doing whatever it is you wanted. I'd like to be free of it or turn it off. Any way to do this?
    Can you elaborate why? You can choose what appears in the hub, you can choose individual message accounts to view like a dedicated app, but access it all from anywhere on the device no matter how deep you are in an app with a single gesture. What is taking you more time?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 10:43 AM
    The Hub is the heart and soul of BlackBerry 10 and most importantly the notifications and checking

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs and moyah8 like this.
    08-02-14 10:44 AM
    Just go try another platform for a while. If you're happy with something else, then BlackBerry is simply not for you.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 10:50 AM
    Can you elaborate why? You can choose what appears in the hub, you can choose individual message accounts to view like a dedicated app, but access it all from anywhere on the device no matter how deep you are in an app with a single gesture. What is taking you more time?

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for asking the question and not just name-calling, which is less productive.
    Let's say I'm answering an email, and want to copy a link from a text I sent. In the hub - I have to select menu - save draft - back out of message - back out of account - scroll thru hub list of things that all look the same - select texts - find message - copy link - back out of message - back out of texts - scroll again through hub - open account - open draft - now i can paste.
    In OS7 - hit the end button to close message and return to desktop. Open text messages which icon i know exactly where it is. Find text, copy link, hit end button. Open old email account from desktop again and find my draft sitting exactly where I left it. Hit paste and I'm done.
    One way is easy. The other hard. Innovation for the sake of innovation is part of the reason why blackberry is where it is today.
    08-02-14 11:46 AM
    You can cut down so many of those actions. By simple doing things differently. Swipe up to go to home screen, initiate universal search starting with either message contents or if you know who's thread the link is in start the universal search with "text xxxxx" where the x's are the persons name. Click the action and copy link. Swipe up and right to get back to you still open email, and done.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 12:30 PM
    - Open Hub and start email. Do not save.
    - Swipe back to app drawer, open Text icon. (Or Hub icon if you want to copy from another mail account).
    - Open necessary text and copy.
    - swipe back to Main Hub page.
    - Auto-saved e-mail draft is at the top.

Or use the universal search, that may be faster but I have a feeling you are more familiar with using icons.

Channel: C0007CC89 | CB10 signed.
    08-02-14 12:50 PM
    You can cut down so many of those actions. By simple doing things differently. Swipe up to go to home screen, initiate universal search starting with either message contents or if you know who's thread the link is in start the universal search with "text xxxxx" where the x's are the persons name. Click the action and copy link. Swipe up and right to get back to you still open email, and done.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for this suggestion! Works for me and much easier.
    08-02-14 01:18 PM
    Thanks for this suggestion! Works for me and much easier.
    My pleasure. It's how I do the same action you were having an issue with. It's also great to see people's faces when they see you do it incredibly fast, they always make this "WTF" face, lol!

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 01:22 PM
    I love how the universal search automatically pops up when you're in the home screen and start typing on the Q10. I miss this dearly on the Z30 and am looking forward to it on the Passport.

08-02-14 02:17 PM
    I love how the universal search automatically pops up when you're in the home screen and start typing on the Q10. I miss this dearly on the Z30 and am looking forward to it on the Passport.

Whilst it's not exactly the same, you can use two fingers to swipe up and then start typing, on Z devices.
    08-04-14 05:14 AM
    Whilst it's not exactly the same, you can use two fingers to swipe up and then start typing, on Z devices.
    Agreed it's not the quite the same. Plus, it doesn't seem to work on my leaked OS10.3. It just brings up the keyboard and that's it.

08-04-14 06:31 AM
    You can have a separate icon on the home screen for text messages but not for emails...
    08-04-14 07:07 AM
    This has never worked for me

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 07:38 AM
    Agreed it's not the quite the same. Plus, it doesn't seem to work on my leaked OS10.3. It just brings up the keyboard and that's it.

I'm using 10.2.1.2977 and the same thing happens. It just doesn't open the search application, text still gets sent there (type and then open search)
    AZN likes this.
    08-04-14 09:41 AM
    I'm using 10.2.1.2977 and the same thing happens. It just doesn't open the search application, text still gets sent there (type and then open search)
    I've been on 10.3 since I first got my Z30. Don't even remember what worked or what didn't work in 10.2.

08-04-14 10:53 AM
    LOL, don't add any accounts. This thread is pointless. How could you possibly be tired of the exact purpose of the BlackBerry 10 smartphone? LMAO. Something fishy here. That's just plain weird.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 09:50 PM
    The only drawback of the hub is its nature to show all communication. The other day someone wanted to check out my Q10 and in the process got a peek at a lot of my private communications. But I understand, a BlackBerry is a personal device so basically my bad.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 10:46 PM
30 12