Both in the browser and normal search on the homescreen. I just want to use Google, not that bing crap. Whenever I press enter, it always uses bing. I don't want to click on Google, I just want to use the enter key. Is there anyway to change/delete bing?

Q10
    03-15-14 08:23 AM
    While typing in a website address in the search engine there will be a magnifying glass at the top right corner. Hit it and choose your preferred search engine. Took me a while to figure out too

Posted via CB10
    Sesameopen, serbanescu and fkornre like this.
    03-15-14 08:30 AM
    While typing in a website address in the search engine there will be a magnifying glass at the top right corner. Hit it and choose your preferred search engine. Took me a while to figure out too

Posted via CB10
    Nice! Thank you very much! Now is there a way to do that in a normal search?

Q10
    03-15-14 08:32 AM
    Go to your browser and type something in the address field. You'll see a bing icon appear in the top right corner. Tap it and choose Google from the list that just appeared after the tap. Now you've changed the default search engine.
    andy957 and Sesameopen like this.
    03-15-14 08:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    You beat me to it
    Chase_Manley likes this.
    03-15-14 08:33 AM
    Go to your browser and type something in the address field. You'll see a bing icon appear in the top right corner. Tap it and choose Google from the list that just appeared after the tap. Now you've changed the default search engine.
    Anyway for the normal search?

Q10
    03-15-14 08:33 AM
    You should be able to just type something in and it'll ask you what search engine you would like to use.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 08:35 AM
    OK, here's a challenge one for everyone.

I WANT Bing as my search engine. There doesn't seem to be a way to set it. Instead, it's a VZW search that slows me down because it goes through VZW and forwards to bing.

Also, I don't want VZW making more money off of me for "referring" me to Bing.

When I go to Bing.com there isn't an option to add it as a search engine like it does if I go to DuckDuckGo.com.

Ideas?
    03-15-14 08:36 AM
    BlackBerry use to have a Bing app pre installed on the phone. At least they did on my Q10, back when I first got it. Idk how to use just Bing as the search engine though. I've never liked bing.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 08:41 AM
    You should be able to just type something in and it'll ask you what search engine you would like to use.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I don't like that. I want to be able to press enter on the keyboard and do a Google search. Maybe I'm just too much of a lazy ***, but I really dislike bing.

Q10
    03-15-14 08:42 AM
    lol, it's not that much of a big deal to type something and click on a icon to let the OS know what you want to do with your text. A nice addition would be to type "web" (or something) and type something, so when you hit enter, it starts the browser and does a google search. Now that would be a nice addition!
    03-15-14 09:26 AM
    lol, it's not that much of a big deal to type something and click on a icon to let the OS know what you want to do with your text. A nice addition would be to type "web" (or something) and type something, so when you hit enter, it starts the browser and does a google search. Now that would be a nice addition!
    Yeah I guess so. Nothing is ever perfect, except for blackberries keyboards O_o

Q10
    Chase_Manley likes this.
    03-15-14 09:30 AM
    Nothing is ever perfect, except for blackberries keyboards O_o

Q10
    WORD!
    Sesameopen likes this.
    03-15-14 11:38 AM
    You can. Type google 'term' and it'll use google. Yahoo 'term' and it'll use yahoo. Etc.

Posted without the help of autocorrect. Q10, 10.2.1.1925
    Sesameopen, H4zN and andy957 like this.
    03-16-14 12:37 AM
    You can. Type google 'term' and it'll use google. Yahoo 'term' and it'll use yahoo. Etc.

Posted without the help of autocorrect. Q10, 10.2.1.1925
    Oh thanks! That works as well. +1

Q10
    03-16-14 09:30 AM
    How do I change it to Google UK? I don't like using google.com.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 02:43 PM
    In the search app swipe down from the top and select settings. Go to the tab on the far right, as shown in the picture below. You should be able to select which sources to use.
    Any way to change default search engine?-img_20140720_222208.png
    There were some users who didn't have the option for Google there, but I have no idea why. It should be there. Close the app for the changes to take effect.
    ruhban likes this.
    07-20-14 03:26 PM
    Google UK isn't there though

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 08:00 AM
    Do you at least have the default Google?
    07-23-14 12:13 PM
    Yeah but it shows US results which is pretty annoying and time consuming.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Last edited by ruhban; 07-23-14 at 05:12 PM.
    07-23-14 01:56 PM
    Does it also show US content whilst having Location Services on?
    07-23-14 02:00 PM
    Anyway for the normal search?

Q10
    Open Device settings, go to search settings if you're on 10.2 or to Intelligent Assistant if on 10.3, device search settings, extended search, leave only Google selected and you're done.
    07-23-14 02:10 PM
    Swipe down for settings.
    Go to search settings

Any way to change default search engine?-img_20140723_203859.png

Touch the extended tab.
    You should see google, bing, maps, help, twitter, etc

Any way to change default search engine?-img_20140723_203845.png
    Touch and hold bing or google. You get up and down arrows to adjust which to check first. You can untick google or you can move bing above google. I move twitter right down the bottom as I dont really use it.

Ps. There seems no way to choose google.co.uk over google.com
    07-23-14 02:46 PM
    It's okay, US is kind of similar to UK anyways.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    07-23-14 02:48 PM
    It's okay, US is kind of similar to UK anyways.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    Disagree but typing google.com into the browser tap settings i.e. the 3 lines top left, scroll down to the very bottom and select "english united kingdom" might be helping? Just tried this now!

Any way to change default search engine?-img_20140723_210055.png

See co.uk when I go to these settings, but no
    When search its still google.com but at least en_GB see bottom of search

Attachment 286625
    07-23-14 03:07 PM
31 12