With OS7, you could select an option to make phone calls while the phone was password-locked and in the holster. Handy for folks like me who use voice-dialing with headphones. Haven't figured out a way to do that on a Q10. Also haven't figured out a way to hear notification of incoming messages/emails/texts with the loudspeaker while headphones are plugged in. Have to use vibrate to solve that problem.
    08-08-13 05:38 PM
    I am not finding anyway to make a phone call without unlocking the device. Only emergency calls
    08-08-13 05:49 PM
    With OS7, you could select an option to make phone calls while the phone was password-locked and in the holster. Handy for folks like me who use voice-dialing with headphones. Haven't figured out a way to do that on a Q10. Also haven't figured out a way to hear notification of incoming messages/emails/texts with the loudspeaker while headphones are plugged in. Have to use vibrate to solve that problem.

I receive and initiate phone calls on my Z10 when it's locked all the time. Tested it again just now.

For receiving, I just slide down to talk after the call comes in. For initiating, I can do it via my Bluetooth voice dialing. I only get prompted to unlock the device if I want to do something with it after placing or answering the phone call.

If that doesn't work on yours, it may be the OS version you are running. I'm using 10.1.0.4543.
    08-08-13 05:53 PM
    I receive and initiate phone calls on my Z10 when it's locked all the time. Tested it again just now.

For receiving, I just slide down to talk after the call comes in. For initiating, I can do it via my Bluetooth voice dialing. I only get prompted to unlock the device if I want to do something with it after placing or answering the phone call.

If that doesn't work on yours, it may be the OS version you are running. I'm using 10.1.0.4543.
    I don't use bluetooth devices...I use your standard wired headphones with in-line button and mic. When the Q10 is locked, the button won't initiate voice dialing. With previous OS's, it did that consistently from the curve on through to the Bold 9900 - all you had to do was select for Allow Calls While Locked under your security settings. No such option here. I'm not missing it bad enough to go out and buy a bluetooth headset...especially not knowing if it will work on .2030. I make mention of it here 1) to see if I'm missing something 2) to see if blackberry will take notice and try to make basic functions like this work for the people like me who have grown with Blackberry over the years....maybe in the next update...
    08-08-13 07:19 PM
    I don't use bluetooth devices...I use your standard wired headphones with in-line button and mic. When the Q10 is locked, the button won't initiate voice dialing. With previous OS's, it did that consistently from the curve on through to the Bold 9900 - all you had to do was select for Allow Calls While Locked under your security settings. No such option here. I'm not missing it bad enough to go out and buy a bluetooth headset...especially not knowing if it will work on .2030. I make mention of it here 1) to see if I'm missing something 2) to see if blackberry will take notice and try to make basic functions like this work for the people like me who have grown with Blackberry over the years....maybe in the next update...

I would be surprised if Bluetooth voice dialing didn't work on your OS version - it was working this way on the ancient 10.0.9.422 / 10.0.9.2743 OS version that Verizon shipped on their Z10's. (The problem was the voice dialing on that OS version couldn't recognize contact names to save its life. Later OS versions greatly improved that.)

Here where I live, using a phone without a headset while driving is against the law, as is driving with a full stereo headphone, and BT devices are so cheap and have so much better functionality than a corded headphone it's a no-brainer for me. (Once upon a time I used to use a corded headset in the car - probably came close to causing a couple of accidents dealing with the wire...)
    08-08-13 07:46 PM
    i'm hoping this feature returns with a future update.
    10-29-13 12:45 AM
    I just got my Q10 (Christmas present). I previously used the Curve. This is really one of the things that I really miss
    01-07-14 01:02 PM