04-07-15 08:16 PM
155 12345 ...
tools
    damn... impressive using a q10... i guess this phone has a bigger range than i thought...
    I'm 6'10" 310 lbs and I use the Q. Love it.
    dmateo likes this.
    10-11-14 03:07 PM
    Would love a Passport for the larger screen, but the lack of AMOLED is a disappointment and quite frankly, a turn-off. I'll probably switch to a Z30 first.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 08:30 PM
    I actually ordered the last Passport Amazon (Germany) had in stock yesterday. Now I got thinking a lot about canceling the order. I almost settled my mind on getting the Classic.

What is my main gripe with the Passport or better why I think it might not work out well for me:
    The keyboard. On my Q10, I've turned off all those automatic assistents and autocorrections. In virtually every case, they are more annoying for me than they are actually helpful. The Passport looks a lot like it is designed to rely on this stuff.
    I am also working on a job which requires to type a lot of odd shortcuts and letter combinations. Having two shift keys is helpful, I also kind of like the number pad arranged keys and of course the ability to type completely without even looking at the keyboard at all. How will that work out on the Passport?

Size is not an issue, yesterday I figured out I have a small card pouch which is almost the size of the Passport (tad wider, tad smaller) and I kind of played around with it. I actually find the size rather interesting for a smartphone. Only making phone calls is rather odd, so is the ability to use the device one-handed, which seems to be impossible for me.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    I think you can turn it off. I am using my Q10 and already killed that function. It is indeed annoying.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 10:19 PM
    Do we really need a screen protector on passport?

Jaglenn's Q10
    As usual: If you want to be safe from any micro scratches then yes, you'll still need to get a protector. No Gorilla Glass, be it 1, 2, 3, 5 or 34 will ever give you a real scratch free performance. Stuff like sand can still easily scratch your screen regardless of the used glass. I also had a few phones with GG equipeed and used then without any protectors, even though I have been carefull, they still collected microscratches.

Those of course are only visible when screen is off and you carefully search for then under specific lightning conditions, but they still are there. As for now, I still have the preinstalled factory protector on my Passport display and I'm waiting for a decent tempered glass protector.

PS: Also keep in mind most modern display surfaces have special coatings applied to them, especially stuff like oleophobic layers which help to protect the screen from fingerprints. These can wear off over time, especially when cleaned the wrong way, once this happens, you can see some uneven display conditions across the screen where the coating came off.
    10-12-14 02:57 AM
    I'd say if you're willing to give up one hand mobile usage, and want to try the latest greatest from BlackBerry, go for the Passport. That is, if it ever goes back on stock.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 10:49 PM
    I'm not insane enough to pay $500+ for a phone. My Q10 is good enough, but it doesn't mean I don't WANT the passport. But we'll see. I'm on tmobile. I originally wanted the Classic and since neither come to tmobile, I would have to buy them outright and unlocked which I'm not doing. Oh well

Posted via Q10RR
    10-12-14 11:21 PM
    I'm using Q10 now. Although the Q10 size is perfect for 'old days' phone, I will definitely upgrade to have a wider screen, better battery life and faster performance.
    10-13-14 12:53 AM
    Probably wouldn't dub it an "old days" phone given the specs aren't terribly different in performance yield unless you're running some heavily intensive apps or games. Most of us using it as a communication tool wouldn't notice that difference I shouldn't imagine.
    10-13-14 01:21 AM
    Just switched from a note2 which is a pretty large phone! I had my Q10 for a week and love it! The Q is perfect for me in every way! Not much for games and apps just text, email, etc and facebook. The passport is nice but too big for me. I'm staying with the Q10 I'm so over the big phone.

Posted from my Q10
    10-13-14 06:47 AM
    Im not. But use both Passport and Q10.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 12:56 PM
    I made the switch and am not looking back. Device gets me through the day easily and the keyboard is a pleasure to use. Also the camera takes very nice pictures and the android app player works better than ever. It even got a 9.5/10 on ZDNET which is testament to the BlackBerry team creating a device that has broken boundaries and created a whole new product category.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 01:05 PM
    My Passport should be here from ShopBB next week, really looking forward to it. Think the main thing I'm going to have to adjust to is the virtual keys for punctuation, instead of holding the alt key to add punctuation. And it'll probably take me a bit to get used to the size difference, especially being a woman with very small hands...just means I'll have to use it two-handed for typing emails and texts, instead of holding it in one hand. Very excited to get it next week!
    I think one must use two hands to be fully efficient in typing the PP anyway...

Using PP and Z10
    10-13-14 01:10 PM
    I did the switch! Got my passport on release day with Telus! Best mobile computer on the market! Had a Z10 and Q10 prior to my passport!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport 10.3
    10-13-14 01:41 PM
    As usual: If you want to be safe from any micro scratches then yes, you'll still need to get a protector. No Gorilla Glass, be it 1, 2, 3, 5 or 34 will ever give you a real scratch free performance. Stuff like sand can still easily scratch your screen regardless of the used glass. I also had a few phones with GG equipeed and used then without any protectors, even though I have been carefull, they still collected microscratches.

Those of course are only visible when screen is off and you carefully search for then under specific lightning conditions, but they still are there. As for now, I still have the preinstalled factory protector on my Passport display and I'm waiting for a decent tempered glass protector.

PS: Also keep in mind most modern display surfaces have special coatings applied to them, especially stuff like oleophobic layers which help to protect the screen from fingerprints. These can wear off over time, especially when cleaned the wrong way, once this happens, you can see some uneven display conditions across the screen where the coating came off.
    It sounds like an anti-glare would be sufficient.

Jaglenn's Q10
    10-13-14 11:18 PM
    Thinking about it, I first was interested in the Classic but now I'm leading towards the Passport now. But I only had my Q10 for six months and I'm very pleased with it and I will continue to use it for at least one more year.
    10-14-14 04:49 PM
    Nope. All features aside the passport is one of the ugliest phones I've ever seen. Amazing the difference a few curved edges can make. To each his/her own tho but i'll pass

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 08:51 PM
    I'm switching & waiting for my Passport to arrive.
    I still love Q & 9900. But my aging eyes tell me to move on to bigger screen. Since I can't give up my keyboard, Passport is perfect for me.
    I'm sure I'll need time to adjust new keyboard. But I already use "sym" key a lot. So might not take too long to adjust.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 10:42 PM
    Initially I was not thinking to but now on the verge of getting PP as soon the next stocks comes here in singapore

On Q10
    10-14-14 11:43 PM
    So I just sent my Passport back yesterday and am using the Q10 again. Not because I like the Passport, actually I miss it. Yet unfortunatly Mexico again fails to deliver acceptable build quality and my Passport suffered from some random reboots. Since I had barely any additional apps installed, I bit the bullet and sent it back. Waiting for a new one.

What's my verdict after a week of use? Getting used to the Passport for me was difficult. The keyboard took roughly three days and there still were some random mistypes for a certain number of keys. Vice versa it feels kinda strange typing on the traditional 4-row keyboard again and I am slower than I used to be.
    The screen is something I really miss, the additional amount of information display is impressive. But it's not only the screen, it is the whole device. Yes it does look awkward, yes it is larger and yes it looks hilarious when you take a call or some photos with it. But it is so unique, the whole package feels great. Heavy but absolutely sturdy. It is a true workhorse, the battery time is beyond my expectations, I am not used to skip nightly charging - yet with the Passport I easily can.

The nice things about the Q10 are the strengths everybody has pointed out. The compact size is nice for one-handed use. It draws less attention in the crowd.
    Last but not least the hardware keys for shift and alt are IMO more convenient than the virtual counterparts on the Passport.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    10-16-14 03:32 AM
    Yes, I switched from Q10 and difference is massive. For me Passport is more two hands device. But God, screen is just beautiful, I used Q10 for hour and it is like a toy in comparison with Passport, no hard feelings, I love my Q10.
    Downgrade is always painful, this one was funny.
    Can't give up on Passport, even if is ugly. Q10 is real beauty, have much better proportions.
    They just two completely different phones.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 10:15 AM
    I'd love to buy a Passport! But I need a CDMA Passport! I'm happy with my cellular carrier and won't be forced to change for phone.

Not even a BlackBerry.

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.1052
    Marthaelisa17 and dmateo like this.
    10-16-14 01:35 PM
    Switched from q10 to BlackBerry passport couple days ago. I have used my BlackBerry q10 for about one year.

Posted via CB10
    rawat_sandip likes this.
    10-17-14 12:04 PM
    Switched from q10 to BlackBerry passport couple days ago. I have used my BlackBerry q10 for about one year.

Posted via CB10
    How r u finding big device? I'm also on Q10 at the moment & thinking to upgrade

On Q10
    10-17-14 11:28 PM
    First couple of days it's strange but after that just fine. Wenn I take my q10 again and play with it it's very hard to look at the screen - passport has much better screen - it's really make difference!!!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    10-18-14 07:35 AM
    I also switched from the Q to the Passport and I am glad I did. I only have the PP for 2 days, still didn't get used to the keyboard and size yet but with every passing day I love it more. I still have the Q around but I am 99% sure that I won't be going back. It's the screen and the sensitive kb that keeps me totally addicted to the PP and also the huge battery and overall speed increase. Since I don't have a tablet (my Playbook died) I find it a lot easier to carry one device to rule them all, even if it takes a bit of time to get used to it.

Posted via my square wonder thingie
    rawat_sandip likes this.
    10-18-14 07:29 PM
155 12345 ...