My Passport should be here from ShopBB next week, really looking forward to it. Think the main thing I'm going to have to adjust to is the virtual keys for punctuation, instead of holding the alt key to add punctuation. And it'll probably take me a bit to get used to the size difference, especially being a woman with very small hands...just means I'll have to use it two-handed for typing emails and texts, instead of holding it in one hand. Very excited to get it next week!
    Hey Sharon congrats on ur new BlackBerry passport I really envy u pls add me on ur bbm pin:2BB777E2. Looking forward to ur invite.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 03:58 AM
    Just got a brand new q10(my 5th one actually) so waiting for prices to go down a bit will definitely be rocking a Passport soon.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 04:11 AM
    So I just got my Passport two days ago and it is way too early to give a final statement.

Before I ordered the PP, I noticed one of my document pouches had almost the same size as the Passport. I played around with it a bit but it is nothing compared to the real device. Once I opened the box and saw that phone I was quite amazed/shocked/surprised. Seeing this thing in person is completely different compared to any mock-ups or similar sized pouches/passports. My girlfriend was sitting next to me and immediately was shocked, she still says this is the most ugliest phones she has ever seen and it not even looks like a phone at all. After powering up that beast the next shock comes once you start realizing that screen. Again this is like nothing you'll ever see from any pics, the screen is stunning: the estate is beyond words, the sharpness is great and brightness controll is much better compared to my Q10.

The hardest part, even after almost two days of use is indeed the keyboard, especially for a die hard BlackBerry lover who can fly around on the traditional 4-row keyboards like nothing. I really do miss the alt and shift keys. I slowly adopt to the virtual shift key, however it sometimes doesn't react the way it should. The virtual numbers and special characters kind of slow you down, because you need time to navigate and look where you can find everything. Getting the new positions for y and m keys right is also slightly challenging, but today it starts out pretty well. Surprisingly I didn't have any problems with the small spacebar, no miss yet!

I think the Passport won't be a real Q10 replacement. It is large and bulky, using it as a phone looks hilarious and reminds me of some TV sketches. Yet the Passport will and does have a place and will be a decent upgrade for quite some Q10 users out there. Getting used to the new keyboard is the hardest part of the whole process, getting used to the size, at least for me, was a much easier part. The best benefit is the awesome screen estate you get from that phone. Something I am not impressed with is actually the performance of the Passport. There are some situations where the PP stutters while my Q performs completely smooth. I guess the software might not be optimised enough for the new hardware.
    10-09-14 11:48 AM
    Hey Sharon congrats on ur new BlackBerry passport I really envy u pls add me on ur bbm pin:2BB777E2. Looking forward to ur invite.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, Burzin, sadly I'm still waiting for it to ship from ShopBB. lol That is really sweet of you. But I don't normally add people I don't know at all, and don't think my husband would like that very much. But thank you for the offer!

Posted via CB10
    sallenthornton likes this.
    10-09-14 12:35 PM
    I'm in the Philadelphia area and get amazing service on pretty much any carrier. Except under one condition, my house is like the Fortress of Steel and only Verizon can penetrate the walls. If not I'd be be considering the Passport. I'm waiting for a buddy on AT&T to pick a Passport up and swing by and see what service is like in my house. I'll be looking at the Classic as well but am not sure it offers much of a benefit over the Q10 at this point.

Posted via my Q10 on VZW from Philly
    10-09-14 12:58 PM
    I had one and went right back to my Q10... and it's not because I couldn't get use to typing on the passport.... it was the two hands needed to use it that made me miss my Q10.... I'm usually on my feet and found I had to stop what I was doing to handle things on the pp.... not so with the Q10....

The pp is a nice *** piece of hardware though... super fast... great screen... and the speakers were soo good.... but in my use, mobility wins... esp when the Q10 is 90% of what the pp is fuctionality wise...
    10-09-14 02:33 PM
    It's a nice phone. But I just came from a big phone. I'm over it. I love the Q10 and how nice it fits in my hands. I have really been enjoying the experience of the Q love the keys. I don't think for me the passport would do it. I'm happy with the Q10 it's perfect for me!

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 05:52 PM
    Honestly I love the size of the q10. I also have a note 3 but it's been sitting on my dresser for months collecting dust.. do most of my browsing on my tablet and use the BlackBerry q10 strictly for productivity (ie: emails-about 100 a day, phone calls and txt msgs) throughout the day. That keyboard on the passport looks like it would take some time to get used to. I'm also 6'4 with rather large hands but love the fact that this phone fits nicely in my jacket/pant pockets without having a big rectangle bulging..

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 08:07 PM
    im a q10 user that is awaiting his passport! However there will always be a place in my heart for that q10/bold form factor. It just reminds me how much power is actually in such a small device that easily slides into my pocket. The 9700/9780 was notorious for that. Still to date my favorite form factor. Remember when phone companies kept getting smaller? Now it's all about getting bigger. I'm not sure that's always the way to go, but im willing to give the passport a try. However I held my buddy's 6+ and first thing i said was,"boy is that wide" couldnt hold it comfortably without my hand getting a cramp eventually lol. Same problem when I owned a Z30, always went back to the smaller qwerty devices. That thought makes me nervous about the passport cause its even wider then the 6+, but hey, I've always carried the latest blackberry flagship. Worst case I can sell it for a high buck considering I got it for $200, or trade for an iphone 6.
    podes2204 likes this.
    10-09-14 09:52 PM
    As for me, I'm still undecided. One thing I'm sure, I love the physical keyboard and I will be getting my next BlackBerry with the physical keyboard. I'm having second thoughts with the Passport because it's too huge for me, so I'm considering Classic. Waiting for it's official specs and some reviews. For now, my Q10 is the extension of my hand.

"Blackberry is the extension of my hand" - C00182421
    10-09-14 09:58 PM
    I'm also 6'4
    damn... impressive using a q10... i guess this phone has a bigger range than i thought...
    dmateo likes this.
    10-09-14 10:26 PM
    I did came from q10 to passport. Check out my review here in the forum, I do a lot of comparisons with the q10. I also have a thread with a camera comparison
    10-09-14 11:15 PM
    I will pass on the Passport. Waiting for the Classic.

Posted via Q10
    10-09-14 11:23 PM
    I have a Passport on order...don't know when I will get it. I am excited to get it, although, I have been quite happy with my Q10 for the most part. I do really look forward to having a big screen for viewing documents.
    10-10-14 03:20 AM
    Nope

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 05:17 AM
    I still haven't had a chance to put my hands on a Passport yet but plan to hopefully soon. I just bought a Z30 to complement my daily driver Q10 so might enjoy this combo for a bit. Urge to get Passport may rise after I test it out. :P

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 07:30 AM
    I have been using my Q10 for 6 mths n I really love it. But if I have a chance, I will change to Passport. I like the Big screen n the ways the new keyboard act. Of coz I like the design of the Passport, uniqueness!!! No other phone can compare. BlackBerry let's Rock!

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 12:40 PM
    Coming next Wednesday. Apparently phoning for it you can get a better deal! So excited.

Jaglenn's Q10
    10-10-14 02:26 PM
    That's at Rogers.com

Jaglenn's Q10
    10-10-14 02:27 PM
    I have a Z10 but miss the keyboard. I'm going to a Q10 because Verizon socks and probably won't pick up the Passport!

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 03:40 PM
    Just tried fitting one I'm my pant's pocket. Not overly comfortable I must admit compared to the Q10. Not a deal breaker given I usually put my phone in a suit jacket pocket but weekends may be for Q10 only, lol.
    10-10-14 04:30 PM
    You get used to the size difference. And the screen is so so much better for work/consuming content/organizing. Beautiful screen. And the build quality is the best I've ever seen. Keyboard feel is better, too. Reception/battery life/speed...what more could you want?

...a four-row keyboard. I'm using a brand new Q5 to tide me over till the Classic is released.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 05:36 PM
    Do we really need a screen protector on passport?

Jaglenn's Q10
    10-11-14 08:02 AM
    I'm considering the switch. I've added a ton custom typing shortcuts to my Q10 so that typing idk will type I don't know for example. Does anyone know if my custom additions will get transferred automatically to the Passport, or will I have to start over with adding them on the new device?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 09:39 AM
    I bought my Passport 48hrs ago and performed a security wipe on my Q10 less then 24hrs latter. Once you go Passport you won't go back! The screen on the Q10 is small and cramped when comparing it to the Passport and the keyboard starts to feel foreign once you use the Passport active touch keyboard!

The amount of information you can garner from the 4.5 inch screen is just incredible! Play hard and work wide is what the Passport provides.

I was a hatter when the Passport was first revealed, but now I am a believer. I should have never prejudged this device before taking it out on a test drive!

The Passport is what you get when you cross a Q10 with a Playbook - it is pure awesomeness! My only regret was not buying it the day it was released.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 10:09 AM
155 1234 ...