I've had mine for over a year and have never had a problem.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 03:37 AM
    I have had mine for about 1,5 year. I used it full time and with heavy emailing up until a month ago when I got my passport. I still use it occasionally. I thought I experienced double typing on the Q10 for a short period last autumn, but reality is I have never had any double typing issue apart from a couple of times (hence described as "thought".

Really happy with a phone that has been my main emailing platform (more so than my pc) while I used it. no problems there, definitely.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 05:28 AM
    Had my Q10 for a year now. Never had this issue.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 07:29 AM
    I have had the Q10 almost 2 yrs. Never had double typing issues. Great phone. Had no desire to get Classic. Picked up a Passport last November and do love it but my Q10 is still my daily driver.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 12:36 PM
    Had two double-typing free Q10's.

Posted via my gorgeous Red Passport
    03-14-15 12:52 PM
    Wwhaat orr you taalkiing aboout?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 07:47 AM
    Have 2 Q10's 1 13 months old, no double typing issues, 1 1 month old and no double typing issues.
    03-15-15 08:38 AM
    No issues on this Q10 (had it for 11 months, bought it second-hand in Singapore, so this Q10 is about 23 months old). Never had any double_typing issue.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 02:47 AM
    I had my q10 for 2 years. I used to do gnarly things to it like stick in a grinder and I've had no double typing issues

And if you're wondering I upgraded from my q10 as it had a hammer smashed face (after a lot of abuse)

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 07:00 AM
    I have had my Q10 since launch, keyboard works fine. No problems here.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 09:30 PM
    Yes I have had an original Q10 release and never had the double typing issue and just moved to a new Q10 and that has been fine as well so far.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 03:33 AM
    Is a 5-month user long enough? My keyboard is doing ok so far (though honestly I haven't used it that heavily, just short messages and I utilize the prediction text option)...
    No its not. Mine started around the 6 month point and got worse from there. But I'm about to go the Ebay plunge and try again. I really miss the Q10.

I am the one that knocks...
    03-18-15 09:04 PM
    Noteworthy that there are only 62 posts on this thread.

Classic and Passport are also reporting the double typing problem. Design flaw. I'm as disappointed as the next person. Obviously there's a problem here.

My car works, my computer works and I expect my phone also to work.

The Z30 (strong battery and no double typing) and the Q5 (no double typing and strong battery) show up as the most reliable devices. And that's what I'm using these days.

Posted via CB10
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    03-18-15 09:24 PM
    This is really sad for me considering that I'm on Sprint and the only BB10 phone that they offer or support is the Q10. So I'm still going to take my chances and give it another go. I really want a modern BlackBerry and this on my carrier is my only option.

Posted from my Tab 3 via Android CrackBerry App!
    03-18-15 09:27 PM
    Just coming up on 2 years on this Q10 with very heavy use. I had a bout of double-typing around the 1 year point for a couple months and was seriously considering replacing the keyboard myself with a little YouTube tutoring.

Mysteriously, the problem disappeared soon after that, and I've never had an issue since.

Q10  The Other Crackberry Pirate  Z30 | via CB10
    03-18-15 10:32 PM
    2 years without an issue!
    03-22-15 11:15 AM
    Don't know about long time, but I've had my Q10 for a few months ... no double-typing issues.

The G key failed on my first unit, so had to replace it.
    03-22-15 12:35 PM
    Noteworthy that there are only 62 posts on this thread.

Classic and Passport are also reporting the double typing problem. Design flaw. I'm as disappointed as the next person. Obviously there's a problem here.

My car works, my computer works and I expect my phone also to work.

The Z30 (strong battery and no double typing) and the Q5 (no double typing and strong battery) show up as the most reliable devices. And that's what I'm using these days.

Posted via CB10
    Not noteworthy, as in, people no chiming in does not mean that they have a problem. The thread is not by any chance representative as a sample (not even indicative in that respect).

On a side note (not representative either though) just mentioning that two months in with the passport, I have no double typing with it at all and my Q10 still works, no double typing either.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 02:43 PM
    Over a year, and (knock on wood) no issues with KB.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.1.2582 CB10
    03-22-15 08:22 PM
    2 years without an issue!
    I can't believe it!!! 2.25 years later and my Q10 is now starting to double type when using the space bar. End up with extra periods in the middle of a sentence. Should have never made the above comment...it all started a couple weeks after I posted "2 years without an issue!"

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 03:58 PM
    I bought a 'Like New' but used Q10, had it about 6 weeks now. No issues.

Via my BlackBerry Q10
    05-23-15 08:27 PM
    So, i finally found a spot to get a brand new Q10 for about 200 bucks, but still find myself hesitant because of the "double typing issue'" that some users reported.

Just wanted to know if there were long time Q10 users who haven't experienced this issue, or if its somewhat of a guarantee to happen.
    Hi,

I've had the Q10 since Early 2014, having come from the Z10, and I'm sad to report that, starting this month, my Q10 has begun having a "double-typing" issue, but only on the letter S.

I had never had this problem until this month, which leads me to believe that I might be the issue. I want to try doing a JVM reload, or whatever it's called under QNX now, to see if it will resolve this issue. It may also be the case that some tiny piece of food had got stuck behind the S key; that problem had happened to the T key of my old BlackBerry Curve 8310, which was fixed upon the time I had replaced it's casing, trackpad and keypad.

I should stress that the problem only occurs with the S key, and it is also likely the case that my thumb may just be resting on the S button for a few milliseconds longer that I used to.

I'm considering buying either a BlackBerry Passport or a BlackBerry Classic if I cannot fix this issue; but, personally, I--being an environmentalist and all--really dislike the idea of having to replace my consumer electronics within 2 years.

Regardless, I urge you to try getting that Q10 anyway. You might not get this "double-typing" problem at all. I didn't encounter the problem with the S key at all whilst typing this forum reply. I LOVE my BlackBerry Q10, and upgrading to this device was life-changing and, at the time of purchase, raised the bar in terms of comfort, function, and usability when paired amongst the smartphones of my peers. The ease of connecting to my work VPN and e-mail was also a huge plus. Haha

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 09:01 PM
    Used my q10 for over a year. Never had the double typing issue.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 09:38 PM
    Mee I am using my q10 since 1year it's working fi9

Posted via CB10
    atmwilson likes this.
    05-23-15 11:56 PM
    I can't believe it!!! 2.25 years later and my Q10 is now starting to double type when using the space bar. End up with extra periods in the middle of a sentence. Should have never made the above comment...it all started a couple weeks after I posted "2 years without an issue!"

Posted via CB10
    Well, that's a real pisser. Makes me fear the day it returns in my life on my new Q10.
    05-24-15 12:12 AM
150 12345 ...