Nice, but I'd rather put my practical engineering skills to the test than buy one of those.

Posted via Q10
    08-18-13 02:47 PM
    If you have/had a 9900/9930 charging dock, the Q10 will stand in it. You have to get it just right, and with the USB cable plugged in it can be a little tricky sometimes; but it works. I still have problems of just grabbing the phone and forgetting it's plugged in though...
    08-18-13 04:09 PM
    I bought this one.
    RU2 USB Sync Dock Battery Cradle Desktop Charger FOR Blackberry Q10 | eBay

It will take awhile to get here. But the guy says to me in a message where I asked if it was really vertical and for the Q10:

"Thanks for your mail.
    Please do not worry, the charger
    is for the BlackBerry Q10 and it is Vertical. "

Looks like a Microusb right where the speaker is but I guess I'll find out in a week or three.
    08-21-13 09:37 AM
    A cradle will suck for the way this phone was designed
    08-21-13 09:49 AM
    A cradle will suck for the way this phone was designed
    I agree. Blackberry really should have designed it for a cradle.

Posted via Q10
    08-21-13 10:51 AM
    I agree. Blackberry really should have designed it for a cradle.

Posted via Q10
    Or at least a conductive charging battery cover..like HP/Palm..
    08-22-13 10:28 AM
    Or at least a conductive charging battery cover..like HP/Palm..
    Totally agree. I wish they'd flippin read this forum a lot more and take on board what people are saying!

Posted via Q10
    08-22-13 08:41 PM
    I got one of those $10 horizontal docks for my Q10 but I can't deal with the sideways positioning. I just bought this one for $30 shipped that will hopefully do the trick. I'll use my BB quick charger and plug it in the side no problem. I'll post pictures and my thoughts when I get it.

Docking Smart Phone Tablet Reader Stand for All Makes Dock Talk | eBay

Still miss how cool dropping my old 9780 in its charging dock was though and the clock would come on automatically. Auto-bedside mode settings too I believe it had.
    Pretty nice quality and heft. I like it.

Any idea about a Q10 Cradle?-430_867281958.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by stardomains; 08-23-13 at 01:57 PM.
    chris8189 likes this.
    08-23-13 01:20 PM
    Picture uploaded to post above.

Add some pics here too.
    Attached Thumbnails Any idea about a Q10 Cradle?-photo-3.jpg   Any idea about a Q10 Cradle?-photo-2.jpg   Any idea about a Q10 Cradle?-photo-1.jpg   Any idea about a Q10 Cradle?-photo.jpg  
    Last edited by stardomains; 08-24-13 at 12:53 PM.
    08-23-13 01:58 PM
    Sunnysavers side-ways is the way to go. It fits super snug and you never have to fart around with the micro usb pug ever again.

Its the chepo one -- I now own 4 of them.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 12:26 AM
    I bought this one.
    RU2 USB Sync Dock Battery Cradle Desktop Charger FOR Blackberry Q10 | eBay

It will take awhile to get here. But the guy says to me in a message where I asked if it was really vertical and for the Q10:

"Thanks for your mail.
    Please do not worry, the charger
    is for the BlackBerry Q10 and it is Vertical. "

Looks like a Microusb right where the speaker is but I guess I'll find out in a week or three.

As you can see above he said it was vertical. I got it yesterday and the stupid thing is the horizontal one. Case opened. Avoid. And in case he edits the picture. It was not the picture of the horizontal one show at writing or at purchase time.
    09-05-13 02:54 PM
    What would be great if some one experimented on running flat copper wire from the battery and the somehow ran it thru the back bottom of the battery cover. Some thing like the bb9900.

Even better if someone could adapt the palm pre wireless charger to the back of the battery cover.

I once put my q10 on the back of the pre touchstone charger and I think the magnetic caused the display o turn off and so I don't think the touchstone wireless charger will work.

Just an ideal for a verticle cradle as itt would be astetic th have a Usb hooked up to the side while in the cradle.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 03:05 PM
    I bought this vertical bad boy. It's just taking awhile to get to me for a little review.

KiDiGi 2nd Battery Charger Sync Cradle AC USB Wall Dock for Blackberry Q10 Phone | eBay

No speakerphone hole I already found out but I'll see if that muffles it badly or not.

Fingers crossed that BlackBerry puts the charging contacts back on the upcoming Q30. It's so suave just dropping the BlackBerry in the charging dock and the clock comes on and it charges. BlackBerry has got to bring that back and maybe market the sophisticated suave and cool nature of its phones.
    11-21-13 10:58 AM
    I like it. Kind of pricey at $30 but I'm a geek who likes to treat my Q10 well.

It does muffle the speaker somewhat so it's not great for good sound representation. Maybe I can drill some holes in it.

The charger it comes with is 2.1 amp.

Here it is using my app "Night Clock"
    Night Clock - BlackBerry World

Any idea about a Q10 Cradle?-photo2.jpg

Any idea about a Q10 Cradle?-2.jpg
    11-23-13 12:51 PM
    30 bucks is double what it should be.

You can pry my BlackBerry from my cold, dead hands.
    11-23-13 01:39 PM
    I agree that the sideways cheap ones are the way to go. It would drive me crazy having to plug the thing in every time.

I got mine off ebay from a seller in China. I just ordered another one. I can pop it in, while in the dark. Love it.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 01:53 PM
    30 bucks is double what it should be.

You can pry my BlackBerry from my cold, dead hands.
    Yep. Probably cost 7 bucks to make and ship, if that.

I just don't like the sideways ones personally. I find it unnatural to look at that way and I found myself needing two hands to insert and extract it before I trashed mine anyhow.

Come on Q30 with charging contact!

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 02:18 PM
    Upright is the way to go for me. But, at least people have options.

Posted with my ?Q10
    11-23-13 03:02 PM
    I hacked it some here. Used a Dremel-like tool to makes the speaker-pathway. Now I have some putty on there and I'll sand and paint it later so it doesn't look so hacked.

Much better sound coming out from it now.

Any idea about a Q10 Cradle?-photo-1.jpg
    RegN likes this.
    11-24-13 01:06 PM
    If you want to look at your phone, maybe it's worth the extra step to plug in an upright. If you want to charge your phone the horizontal is quick and simple.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 01:18 PM
    Last post I'll do in this thread I swear. Just thought I'd show the finished nerdwork after sanding and permanent markering.
    Sound comes out real good now.

Any idea about a Q10 Cradle?-e.jpg
    Omnitech likes this.
    11-24-13 07:32 PM
    Personally I always loved charging cradles. But IMHO they simply must have the ability to charge via external contacts on the BlackBerry. It's just so darn convenient to be able to pop your BlackBerry into a cradle and then snatch it up when you need it or when you leave. I always had one in my home office, another next to my bed, and yet another on my desk at work. Those external charging contacts save the stress on the micro-USB port that comes from plugging in/unplugging. The Holy Grail will be a charging cradle that also allows syncing through those same contacts.
    beamolite likes this.
    11-24-13 10:36 PM
    OK. Here's another cradle I whipped up for another area I place my Q10 quite a bit. Just wad a paper towel in an extra coffee mug whose width works well with it.

Any idea about a Q10 Cradle?-cradle.jpg

Works great esp. in conjunction with Power Clock app

Props to anyone who knows where the 11th Street Diner is w/o googooling.
    03-10-14 09:39 PM
    Lol

you guys with your fancy cradles

I paid three dollars for this business card holder from Staples

Any idea about a Q10 Cradle?-2014-03-19-060.jpg
    Any idea about a Q10 Cradle?-2014-03-19-062.jpg

It has been holding my phones for the last three years and this is one reason that I only buy phones with charging socket on the SIDE.
    tliolos likes this.
    03-22-14 01:51 AM
    I too was looking for a vertical cradle for my nightstand, but couldn't find one that would allow me to keep my Walnutt bumper case on. I ended up getting the Kidigi horizontal cradle as it allows me to keep the case on my phone and still dock and charge it. And what tipped the scales for me was realizing that although the alarm clock face is now horizontal, I sleep horizontal too!
    03-22-14 04:33 AM
54 123