I think I'm done with blackberry. After all this hype they come out with this crap Q10. Freezing all the time and a device that cannot even connect to this stupid blackberry link. My patience has gone out the window, as well my chance of switching to an android phone. Now I'm locked into another 3 year plan. I don't believe I can ever recommend a blackberry to anyone again.
    nofiz, irsan, zeteo and 2 others like this.
    07-22-13 04:47 PM
    Need help? Give me a holler...PM me.
    I think I'm done with blackberry. After all this hype they come out with this crap Q10. Freezing all the time and a device that cannot even connect to this stupid blackberry link. My patience has gone out the window, as well my chance of switching to an android phone. Now I'm locked into another 3 year plan. I don't believe I can ever recommend a blackberry to anyone again.
    07-22-13 04:50 PM
    Just 8 days ago you seemed pretty happy with it. "Only down to q10 is battery door isn't as snug and even that, it feels great and I just put a business card underneath to fill the gap between the door and the battery and now it's hard as a nail."
    07-22-13 04:53 PM
    I can only say my Q10 has not yet suffered from a single freeze, and I'm using it since more than nine weeks. BlackBerry Link connection works fine most of the times. Only every now and then my comp doesn't recognize the Q10, however after doing another reconnect, everything is fine.
    Instead of blaming it on the whole device range, you might rather want to look at your very own model or your computer causing the problems.
    07-22-13 05:17 PM
    My phone has never frozen on me. Have you tried asking people on the forums about the problems that you've been experiencing? A lot of people can help considering you're stuck in a contract for 3 years.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    07-22-13 05:18 PM
    My Q10 has never froze.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 07:36 PM
    OP, sounds like you may need a device exchange or a fresh install of the OS. My Q10 hasn't stuttered once.

BlackBerry Link is terrible for reasons I don't quite understand.

In the alternative, if your heart is set on an Android device, you could always sell the Q10, and then buy a Nexus 4 (if your carrier supports the device). I'm sure you'd be able to sell the Q10 and not have to come out of pocket for the Nexus.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Amy wineBerry; 07-22-13 at 07:53 PM.
    07-22-13 07:40 PM
    I dont get how posting "my q10 has never froze" solves this mans frustration that he has with his device.
    07-22-13 07:41 PM
    I dont get how posting "my q10 has never froze" solves this mans frustration that he has with his device.
    It may point to something wrong with the particular device and not something indicative of all devices of that kind.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 07:43 PM
    It may point to something wrong with the particular device and not something indicative of all devices of that kind.

Posted via CB10
    Or its an attempt to make the guy look likes he's lying by other people saying they've never had a freeze
    07-22-13 07:58 PM
    [QUOTE=rambo47;8869895]Just 8 days ago you seemed pretty happy with it. "Only down to q10 is battery door isn't as snug and even that, it feels great and I just put a business card underneath to fill the gap between the door and the battery and now it's hard as a nail."[/QUOTENo one should have to go to those extremes to try and fix a defect.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    07-22-13 07:59 PM
    Why 3 years? Which carrier? Also, something is wrong. Its a great phone that generally runs very smoothly. Most of the complaints that others have are specific function, which will probably get updated with future upgrades

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 08:01 PM
    Or its an attempt to make the guy look likes he's lying by other people saying they've never had a freeze
    You have a point...

I hope this isn't the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Cranky likes this.
    07-22-13 08:03 PM
    My Q10 has never froze.

Call your carrier then get transferred to BlackBerry support.
    07-22-13 08:07 PM
    Just today, from noon to now 6 pm, it has frozen twice at the lock screen, and another two times the music player froze; the most common freezing occurrence for me. The music would play fine but all the buttons on the music player screen would be frozen. I started with a bold 9700, loved it but hated the lag. Moved to bold 9900, loved it but grew more agitated by the lag. Now with so much hope and optimism I had going into the Q10, I for one am disappointed. To add insult to injury, I cannot use the memory on board my device to add songs because BB Link wouldn't read my device and WIFI won't read it either. (WIFI as in for transferring files)
    07-22-13 08:11 PM
    I've tried to be optimistic but my patience is growing thin to the extent that friends would go "hey is that the new Q10?" and I would proceed to show them only to have two instances of it freezing at the lock screen. That's pretty embarrassing. I appreciate you guys for not interpreting my rant as trolling.
    07-22-13 08:13 PM
    Mine hasn't froze either. I have other "complaints" but freezing is not one of them. Can you still take it back for an exchange?
    07-22-13 08:19 PM
    I'm not following you. Is your position that only people who have had the same experience should post? Even if it eliminates the context that perhaps this person has an unusual issue with their phone and the negative experience isn't the norm? This path would be chosen by the community in an attempt to not make the user with the bad experience feel defensive? Help me understand your thinking.
    mediadavid likes this.
    07-22-13 08:21 PM
    Mine hasn't froze either. I have other "complaints" but freezing is not one of them. Can you still take it back for an exchange?
    Well, I would assume it is a flaw counted towards the warranty on the device. I'm going to call Blackberry first and see what I can do.
    southlander likes this.
    07-22-13 08:21 PM
    I know you don't like hearing post that state "my Q10 has never froze". If you add them up though, you can get a sense if you received a lemon and that it's not the norm with others . My company has over 155 bb10's in use. Just over half are Q10's. Not one complaint of freezing. Actually, not one complaint of freezing or rebooting for all of our new phones for that matter. So yes, you have a lemon and you should spend your time returning or exchange it. If this thread did not exist, it would have been done already. Good luck, I hope things turn out Ok for you.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 08:24 PM
    Well, I would assume it is a flaw counted towards the warranty on the device. I'm going to call Blackberry first and see what I can do.
    I would contact your carrier first. They should have a warranty exchange that is at least 6 months and up to a year.
    07-22-13 08:25 PM
    Could be a corrupt OS....try reloading
    07-22-13 08:30 PM
    Adam, I urge you to call your carrier and have them transfer you to BlackBerry tech support - it's free and you def need to speak to them - if for no other reason then to let them know what's going on. Then if it is apparent you have a "dud" (and this does happen) you can get a free exchange.

As for BlackBerry Link? I have spent a total of 9 hours, 3 computers over a 3 day span and still no working BBLink.

I have not had a problem with it freezing, but I don't have any music on mine yet to listen to. This is because I am having an issue with the sd card - at least I hope it is the sd card and not the phone. I have ordered another card so I will find out this week.

However I will say I used my phone as a hot spot for 3 days/24 hours a day, and had 6 devices running off of it. Answered phone calls, made phone calls, sent text msgs, surfed the net, posted here using the CB10 app and had no problems with it at all- and all connections on the laptops hooked to it were as fast as if we were hooked up to our wifi at home. One of those laptops was streaming Netflix the whole time. The phone did GREAT!!!

So I am not telling you this to "imply" your phone doesn't freeze up - I believe your phone freezes up. I am telling you this to let you know that is NOT normal and you need to get some help troubleshooting it or have your carrier replace it for you.

When I first got my Q10 I HATED it and was so disappointed with it. Many people here encouraged me not to give up on it and I am now glad they did. There are still things I don't like but have been assured will be fixed with the 10.2 update. So don't give up, it sounds like a singe device issue, not a global issue.

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes.
    ghundiraj likes this.
    07-22-13 08:31 PM
    Why 3 years? Which carrier? Also, something is wrong. Its a great phone that generally runs very smoothly. Most of the complaints that others have are specific function, which will probably get updated with future upgrades

Posted via CB10
    here again the stupid mentality of waiting for an update..I believe his money were good when he purchased the Q10 and with good money someone would expect the device to work well from day one not to wait months to get an update..
    Best article on this stupid mentality
    A Call for Revolution Against Beta Culture
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
    07-22-13 08:36 PM
    here again the stupid mentality of waiting for an update..I believe his money were good when he purchased the Q10 and with good money someone would expect the device to work well from day one not to wait months to get an update..
    Best article on this stupid mentality
    A Call for Revolution Against Beta Culture
    I don't think it's overall lack of functionality that is the OP's complaint. I don't understand why that poster you quoted even mentioned that. The device sounds like it is either a dud or the software needs a reinstall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    eldricho likes this.
    07-22-13 08:43 PM
52 123