Hello,
    I thought maybe someone else may have the same issue and know a way to correct it. In a few of my Android ported apps, when I begin to type it goes like this; first two letters fine, then the whole word begins to double every time I push a new letter. I will all of a sudden have a nonsense word about 20 letters long. I will use the word "reason" as an example of what I mean.

I type r, all good, re still good, rea and then suddenly onscreen it shows reaea, curious, huh? Then I type reas and it shows reaeaseas, adding o gives me reaeaseaso and so on. Now if I hit backspace, it deletes two letters at a time.

What gives? This doesn't happen on all Android ports, just a few. I had a dictionary app that did that, a couple of browser apps that I have tried do it. Had a terrible time signing in to Amazon.com on search amazon app because of the issue. Can't remember the names of em all anymore because when they do that I just usually delete them.

But it's frustrating when I find an app that I like and otherwise works for me, then this issue pops up.

Cheers
    10-19-13 08:43 PM
    I notice this too. It seems to repeat some letters you last typed.

Fired from my Z10
    10-19-13 08:44 PM
    Same for me, except it also happens when I backspace. Just keeps repeating letters. Only sometimes though. Just restart the application.

"Better a broken promise than none at all" (Mark Twain). Remember that, complainers. Via Q10.
    10-19-13 08:59 PM
    One solution: Sideload the Google keyboard and use Ghost Commander to enable it. It will then pop up to be used in all droid apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 09:37 PM
    One solution: Sideload the Google keyboard and use Ghost Commander to enable it. It will then pop up to be used in all droid apps.

Posted via CB10
    Not a solution if you're using a keyboard phone.

"Better a broken promise than none at all" (Mark Twain). Remember that, complainers. Via Q10.
    10-19-13 09:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    Does this actually work?!?

Fired from my Z10
    10-20-13 12:33 AM
    I know Instagram does that, you just need to enable an Android keyboard.

Not sure if the Q10 can accept that, though. Someone with one will need to check.

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    10-20-13 01:14 AM
    Does this actually work?!?

Fired from my Z10
    Yes, it works. Yes, even on my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 04:53 AM
    Follow my Instagram boy_ertanto

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 06:21 AM
    This happens to me too. What you need to do is just hit space and continue typing. When you finish typing the next word double tap the one with gibberish and hit backspace (to delete it).
    Do not try to delete the broken words with backspace, it won't work.

From my experience this happens at random with Android apps - there is no single app that causes it every time. It could be a weird runtime issue.

Posted with CB10/Q10
    10-20-13 06:48 AM
    Yes, it works. Yes, even on my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't it work with the Swype KB too or just the standard Android KB?

Man I'm gonna try it now!

Fired from my Z10
    10-20-13 12:03 PM
    Doesn't it work with the Swype KB too or just the standard Android KB?

Man I'm gonna try it now!

Fired from my Z10
    Yep. Swype and all. It's pretty cool. It does take up some screen space, but it's manageable. Don't forget to use Ghost Commander to enable it.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 07:08 PM
    Yep. Swype and all. It's pretty cool. It does take up some screen space, but it's manageable. Don't forget to use Ghost Commander to enable it.

Posted via CB10
    So awesome, I have swipe typing on Android apps now!! Thanks everyone.

Fired from my Z10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    10-20-13 07:30 PM
    Thanks for all your replies. I installed the google keyboard, but I am not sure how to enable it through Google commander, which I do have installed already.
    10-25-13 11:22 PM
    Thanks for all your replies. I installed the google keyboard, but I am not sure how to enable it through Google commander, which I do have installed already.
    Never mind. Got it figured out. Thanks again.
    10-25-13 11:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    is there a guide i know how to sideload apps but not sure about ghost commander,which version to use or how to enable in it
    10-29-13 09:49 AM
    is there a guide i know how to sideload apps but not sure about ghost commander,which version to use or how to enable in it
    Ghost Commander is in BlackBerry World. It will let you manipulate the android settings.

I think it's : (in Ghost Commander) Settings>Language Input.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 11:40 AM
    yes got it now , now have a working on screen keyboard for instagram, so all work arounds sorted
    10-29-13 01:50 PM