02-02-16 08:48 PM
28 12
tools
    Am I understanding this application correctly, I have to allow full access to all of my data before it will work?
    12-08-15 08:59 PM
    Well, permissions explanation are often written rather poorly causing folks to assume it's accessing every single piece of data but that's not really the case. You can learn more about the permissions here - http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...UvbUpU12136004 but it would be best to outline which permissions are actually bothersome to you as there's often a fine reason behind them. Most people freak out at the whole accessing your data and documents permission but duhhh, that's how it can download the files and store them.
    12-08-15 09:25 PM
    Well its wants access to contacts photos and shares just to name those off of the t of my head!
    12-09-15 06:12 AM
    It might not be the access settings - I have never been able to make this app work. It either refuses to load when opened or just immediately closes. I think its a garbage app, personally, so I'd just refuse it any access and find a better alternative if I were you.

I understand, I don't allow any apps to access my contacts and only social media to acces photos.
    12-09-15 10:24 AM
    Join the club! I'm actually furious about the Amazon app. For months I kept I buried and never activated it. Then I stupidly decided to open it because of an app only Black Friday deal. When my Q10 was installing it it got to permissions and said I could cancel them at any time from the settings.

Well, this piece of crap app is now permanently installed and running. Both the BlackBerry device monitor and an android task killer show multiple Amazon processes running but when you try to end them it won't work! I actually started a thread about it but still can't understand how to KILL this spyware! In permissions it shows this app has full access to phone number, knows when I'm on a call and GPS current and saved location full time, BB username, unique device ID, can use the microphone to record, can access ALL shared files instead of just a directory I select for downloading apps. It can also use the camera and flash to take pictures or video.

I NEVER give this much access to any app!!! If I wanted to be spied upon 24/7 I would've bought an android cell! Up until this app I've always been very pleased with the ability BB10 gives me to pick and choose what I allow. Now I feel violated. Skip the ridiculous tinfoil hat comments. I'm not trying to hide from the NSA, just from scumbags that think my privacy is a commodity to be sold without my agreement. I actually READ the terms and "privacy" policy before I do anything with an app or a site. No social media either. I also don't hate Amazon. I'm a prime member and order things all the time. I just don't want to buy or conduct any financial items on any device other than a full PC with active firewalls, up to date antivirus & antimalware running.

I'm going to keep looking until I find out how to remove this app!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    12-10-15 05:00 PM
    You just have to use the Parental Control settings to reset the Amazon app's permissions (enable, switch off/on the app, disable). Be aware that any "underground" app will also be uninstalled.
    12-10-15 07:58 PM
    Joshu, do you mean that I need to turn on the app and look for parental controls within the app? Won't I be considered the primary account and thus not able to become subject to parental controls on myself??

12-11-15 08:08 PM
    Joshu, do you mean that I need to turn on the app and look for parental controls within the app?
    No, the OS Parental Controls ! In Settings > Security and Privacy > Parental Controls
    12-12-15 05:02 AM
    Ok, I turned off Amazon apps but other than content. (adult to general) there's no option to control the Amazon apps. Is there something I missed?

12-13-15 04:54 PM
    The same thing happened with a recent Android update for the same app. I complained, was told it was required for sharing, so I've responded by uninstalling it. Unacceptable.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 05:24 PM
    Yea, and I need everyones: SS#, name,DOB address....etc to talk with you guys! LOL!
    12-13-15 05:40 PM
    Ok, I turned off Amazon apps but other than content. (adult to general) there's no option to control the Amazon apps. Is there something I missed?
    Disable Amazon apps in Parental Controls. Exit the setting, then go back and enable it again. The Amazon app will ask you for Permissions, deny them. That's all.
    12-13-15 05:50 PM
    Thank you! Nothing is running in the background anymore! I'm going to put the Amazon shopping app on the last page again and NEVER open it again.
    I'm also trying to decide whether or not to use the Amazon app store any more. The app itself annoys me since besides storage, which legitimately is needed to download anything, it also wants location now! First time I enabled it (over a year ago) it didn't ask for it but now it does.

The other reason is that only about 1/3 of the apps I've gotten from the app store were able to run without all of the permissions they want.
    Most of them ask for everything and if you decline they close. But some apps are willing to run minus getting what they asked for. Example, the BlackBerry maps that I got from BlackBerry World has NO issues running without permission for GPS. It will still show you a full detailed map for somewhere you wanted to see. It'll also give distance from one point to another just fine! On the rare times I need to use it for directions I enable GPS for it and then turn it off when I finish. Simple. So I know that a well written app can function just fine without looking at your entire device. It's just greedy app writers that aren't satisfied with showing you ads. Instead they want to sell as much of your personal data as possible to companies like Lexis-Nexis who want to compile rich databases to sell to every marketing firm that wants to buy them.

So even though I buy from Amazon pretty much every week, I'm not interested in telling them where I am every minute. And I REALLY appreciate your help in shutting down the shopping app that thought it'd be fine with me to access not only GPS, but camera and microphone and every other part of my cell. Bad enough to get this slimy treatment from "free" apps but I'm very disappointed in BlackBerry for forcing an app into our OS that is so invasive while at the same time marketing themselves as a firm that cares about privacy and security!

stardotstar and anon(8063781) like this.
    12-15-15 01:32 AM
    I'm also trying to decide whether or not to use the Amazon app store any more. The app itself annoys me since besides storage, which legitimately is needed to download anything, it also wants location now! First time I enabled it (over a year ago) it didn't ask for it but now it does.
    You can read the post by Bla1ze above Concerning the Amazon AppStore, requested permissions are legitimate. For Amazon underground, that's another story. Getting "free" apps in exchange for my day to day personal usage is not my cup of tea
    12-15-15 01:48 AM
    Joshu, Thank you for agreeing! I'm willing to see ads but I would buy a useful enough app but never trade my life away for a $1-$3 app.

Joshu42 and stardotstar like this.
    12-15-15 01:55 AM
    You can kill all Android apps with Ghost Commander as well.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 07:54 PM
    Where do I find Ghost Commander and is it native or an android port that wants major permissions to run? The only ghost Commander on BlackBerry World is a file manager. A while back I got Task Killer from BlackBerry World which works to stop other android apps but it wouldn't stop the Amazon app.

12-16-15 12:10 PM
    Where do I find Ghost Commander and is it native or an android port that wants major permissions to run? The only ghost Commander on BlackBerry World is a file manager. A while back I got Task Killer from BlackBerry World which works to stop other android apps but it wouldn't stop the Amazon app.

Yes it's from BBW. Read the description. The developer addresses the bug with permissions. And it is a file manager but does much more.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 01:22 PM
    So I am back on this, I cant turn off permissions in Parental area. How doI remove this invasive app, mine now indicates on with access to all of my data, which I did not authorize!
    12-23-15 07:39 AM
    So I am back on this, I cant turn off permissions in Parental area. How doI remove this invasive app, mine now indicates on with access to all of my data, which I did not authorize!
    Try Ghost Commander from BBW.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 11:00 AM
    Thanks, will do!

Try Ghost Commander from BBW.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 01:45 PM
    Downloaded and installed. Gave it full access. Deleted both Amazon references under applications. Still on 3rd screen so I turned off then back on, still there. Now both GC and Amazon show under Security Settings: Application Permissions and Parental controls as having full access, neither can be turned off.

What did I do wrong?
    12-23-15 02:25 PM
    I think I figured this out. I had to turn on and setup Parental Controls with a password. Then and only then could I "turn off"any permissions. Then the screens reset, the Amazon application pops up and I said no. Then the other popped up, and I said no. I then checked and it did not show up as a program installed with permissions. It still shows on a screen, but that is OK,I think!
    12-23-15 03:20 PM
    You can read the post by Bla1ze above Concerning the Amazon AppStore, requested permissions are legitimate. For Amazon underground, that's another story. Getting "free" apps in exchange for my day to day personal usage is not my cup of tea
    Joshu, agree completely. I want to receive a share of the income derived from aggregating and selling my data!

And another reason, is that why would I award incompetence? For all the data groups such as Amazon collect on my purchases, etc., I seldom if ever receive any advertising that has anything to do with my purchasing history! For a while Amazon.de was pretty good, but of late with the increased oversight from corporate, the advertising has become just as generic as amazon.com
    Joshu42 likes this.
    12-24-15 09:11 PM
    Did anyone experience the Amazon app store icon itself vanishing? I haven't used it for a while, and I decided to look there for an app not in BlackBerry world. However, it isn't on any of my screens! The last few times I used it I always got the suggestion of switching to the new Amazon underground app, which I always refused.

I looked in my file manager and saw what I think might be the install file as it says it'll install version 1.6.4200.10 of the Amazon app store. I have 2 issues.

1st, why did the original app store vanish?
    2nd, will this installer work properly? I saw a post on another site saying Amazon wouldn't support the app store as of Feb 2016. The author seemed to feel Amazon was doing this in order to force users to migrate to Amazon underground whether they like it or not. Kind of like how M$ is putting a large effort to sneak files that "upgrade" people's Win 7 or 8 to Win 10 whether they actually want it or not.

If that's the case I guess I will no longer be using the Amazon app store and will NEVER be using the amazon underground! I already discovered that the way to make the apps "free" was by tracking how often you use apps, and for how long at a time. Worst of all was that it also keeps track of where you are when you use the app. Of course this also tells them the same information about nearly every part of the device as the required permissions read like a stalker's handbook! I used to like the chance to find some of the many apps that I knew our BB OS10 devices could run if I could just GET the app in the 1st place!

So I hope I'm wrong, and can safely reinstall the app. I don't want to reinstall it if it will be useless to me, as I never knew it could BE deleted in the 1st place! When BlackBerry put the Amazon shopping app onto my Q10 I tried multiple times to delete it with zero luck. I like shopping on Amazon when using a PC that has a firewall, antivirus and an empty cache. I will not do any financial transactions on a cell, not even one as security minded as BlackBerry. So I resented BlackBerry for wasting space on my device with bloatware. That's when I became angrier after I found no uninstall allowed. Opinions?

01-31-16 05:09 AM
28 12