I don't sideload apps either but recently I was told to download voxer for my job. Can this be downloaded and work?

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 11:04 AM
    No your not

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 01:39 PM
    I would love the needed apps to be native. Unfortunately I do need a few apps that are android sideloads.

Performance wise the native apps blow thje sideloads out of the water.

I do catch myself using lesser apps and my browser a lot more frequently than on any other phone before. Even though the q10 has way less screen estate the webbrowsing outperforms my girlfriends xperia z.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 02:25 PM
    I would love the needed apps to be native. Unfortunately I do need a few apps that are android sideloads.

Performance wise the native apps blow thje sideloads out of the water.

I do catch myself using lesser apps and my browser a lot more frequently than on any other phone before. Even though the q10 has way less screen estate the webbrowsing outperforms my girlfriends xperia z.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah the browser is amazing. I had a lot of android apps I used to use but found that I really don't need em I'm fine with what I have.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 02:34 PM
    I never sideloaded but have downloaded some Android apps now that I have 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 03:12 PM
    I never sideload apps because I've only had problems with it. Either the app doesn't scale down correctly on the Q10, or it consumed too much battery all the time, or it was so slow that it couldn't be used satisfactory.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 02:07 AM
    No side load for me had this q10 nearly 6 months

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 10:14 AM
    No sideloading for me either. On Z30 and on Q10. Both run better than fine Swiss watches. No issues. But I use the devices almost exclusively for email and text. Very little multimedia going on in my life.
    04-29-14 10:52 AM
    BB world is basicly dead as per BB management so there's no real reason not to side-load anymore. It seems almost no apps are truly native and you always get the stupid bar no matter what.
    Tell that to every single developer including crackberry who made the CB10 app. If you don't like it, don't even bother downloading it. Simple as that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-30-14 05:11 AM
    BB world is basicly dead as per BB management so there's no real reason not to side-load anymore. It seems almost no apps are truly native and you always get the stupid bar no matter what.
    Unfortunately he is right. All the apps I downloaded is from BlackBerry world yet almost 20% is android apps, not native cascade and worse, there is no way to distinguish android or native apps. Android runtime is killings native apps.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808
    Last edited by babylongreece; 04-30-14 at 10:32 AM.
    04-30-14 07:19 AM
    Android runtime is killings native apps.
    You can't kill something that's already dead. The BB10 user base is too small to provide much incentive to developers. Until that user base grows to be many times bigger than what it is, BB10 is utterly dependent on Android apps.

I still don't know if this thread is really about sideloading, or just about the use of Android ports. In any event, my answer is: If there's a suitable native app that does what I want, I use it. If not, I'll use an Android app. Example: I listen to podcasts. On my S4 I use an app called PodKicker. On my Q10 I use BPod. I'm happy to pay BB10 developers for their apps, but if what I want isn't available, I have no problem with the Android apps.

I use Audible, Kindle, TripAdvisor, TVGuide, CVS, Calorie Counter, and a few other Android apps with no difficulties.
    04-30-14 08:08 AM
    It's kind of catch 22 situation. Some developers give up on BlackBerry because users prefer free but slower android app but without more developers create native apps for BlackBerry the ecosystem is stagnant with less and less users. Only big names can afford multi platform support. I have a friend told me that he got 10x more purchase from nokia store(symbian) than cheaper and less expensive but same apps from BlackBerry world(qt port and native apps). For now he told me he still have faith on BlackBerry but for how long. Just look at some people screen with instagram. You see more instagram(android) than iGrainn(native)

04-30-14 10:30 AM
    You are not alone. Tried it, done it, don't find I need it. And some sideload ask for permissions I don't wanna give!
    04-30-14 10:57 AM
    I've never felt the need to sideload anything. Never done it.
    04-30-14 11:08 AM
    I never want to say never, but can't see myself ever loading a leak, or sideloading...too chicken even though others say it's easy

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 07:42 PM
    The only apps I sideload and use are PayPal, eBay and my bank app. I don't even use the bank app, I just have it just because I guess. I do all of my app stuff on my Nexus 7 tablet...but PayPal and eBay work great for me on my Q10.
    04-30-14 08:11 PM
    No, you are definitely not alone, OP. I haven't sideloaded anything onto my Q10, and I doubt that I ever will. I don't use a lot of apps and I don't really see a need for sideloading. The only app I'd consider sideloading (if it's possible?) would be Netflix, but that's what my laptop is for.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 08:17 PM
    I try side loading but in Q10 screen it don't always show properly because of the screen size so in the end I don't like it and delete it also it doesn't always work so now I don't do any sideloading and just waiting for the native apps or just use the browser

via Q10
    05-01-14 12:33 AM
    I neither side load nor typically use Android apps. Prefer native apps, as limited as they may be. Android apps always seem to have issues with battery, etc., and of course ALL the ridiculous requests for access to my information.
    05-01-14 12:50 AM
    I don't sideload, either. Mainly because I don't know how to.

I've tried to follow the guides but they are not *****-proof enough for me!

EDIT: And, for some reason, CB won't let me write the word "i-d-i-o-t" in my original post...
    05-01-14 08:20 AM
    Installed androids apps through 1 mobile market and it works perfectly. Need it for some local apps.

------Forever in time------
    05-01-14 10:31 AM
    Over half of the apps I have (and mind you, it's only about 20), come from android. Because BlackBerry does not have them.

Posted via CB10 with z10
    05-01-14 10:46 AM
    I have all the BB10 devices and the only times when i sideloaded something is when my carrier did not released an 10.2.1 and it was necessary to load a leaked OS just to get option of multiple alarms. Other than that - no need
    05-01-14 01:26 PM
    I don't side load. I have more apps than I need and I only use a fraction of them.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 01:42 PM
    It's kind of catch 22 situation. Some developers give up on BlackBerry because users prefer free but slower android app but without more developers create native apps for BlackBerry the ecosystem is stagnant with less and less users. Only big names can afford multi platform support. I have a friend told me that he got 10x more purchase from nokia store(symbian) than cheaper and less expensive but same apps from BlackBerry world(qt port and native apps). For now he told me he still have faith on BlackBerry but for how long. Just look at some people screen with instagram. You see more instagram(android) than iGrainn(native)

That's what worries me about OS10's future. I know that Android apps are ok for now a quick fix. Long term though even if BB10 becomes more popular then it is now android apps only will provide an inconsistent experience and choke the life out of it.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 02:55 PM
50 12